Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

What an amazing start to the season for the offense. I particularly loved how Daboll leaned on the short passing game and QB runs in week 1, and then came out in week 2 and did pretty much the opposite: 1 QB run off the top of my head all game and just mercilessly killing Miami in the intermediate and deep range. Next week should be a good test to see if they can keep it rolling.

Watching GMFB and the 49ers got decimated by injury yesterday... ugh.

Reason #1000 why you can’t just look at a schedule and determine how tough it will be.

I’m sure Miami didn’t plan on playing us without Edmunds & Milano yesterday. I’m sure we didn’t plan on seeing San Fran later this year without Bosa and Thomas on that DL.

Early heads up for any local Bills fans, it appears Fox is going to give us The GIants and Niners instead of the Bills and Rams because a match up of 2-0 teams is not nearly appealing as a decimated Niners team versus one of the worst teams in fball. So prepare to stream or hit a bar.

Early heads up for any local Bills fans, it appears Fox is going to give us The GIants and Niners instead of the Bills and Rams because a match up of 2-0 teams is not nearly appealing as a decimated Niners team versus one of the worst teams in fball. So prepare to stream or hit a bar.
I'm pretty confused. I mistakenly thought one network had NFC teams (based on home team) and one had AFC. CBS vs Fox.

Brutal well that sucks

I'm pretty confused. I mistakenly thought one network had NFC teams (based on home team) and one had AFC. CBS vs Fox.

Ya I had to do a double take myself as well on that. IT feels like it may have been that way one time before.

For crossover conference games up until a few years ago TV was determined by the road team. For the longest time the 2 Raiders home games vs. NFC teams were exclusively on FOX. The NFL has loosened that up recently so networks could swap games, but it looks like LAR at BUF is sticking to the old formula and getting shown by FOX.

I wouldn’t pay for PFF if my life depended on it, but this cracked me up:

The comments indicate that Darnold’s Week 2 performance was rated higher than Allen’s. And where is Wilson on this list?

PFF is straight trash

I wouldn’t pay for PFF if my life depended on it, but this cracked me up:

The comments indicate that Darnold’s Week 2 performance was rated higher than Allen’s. And where is Wilson on this list?

PFF is straight trash
You see Sal’s tweet to them? Lol.

Allen was the 12th rated QB in Week 2 per PFF. They may want to re-examine their metrics...
I still have friends running their mouths about Allen... the whole thing is hilarious at this point. The vitriol sent his way is almost surreal now. The best part about it is - knowing what I know about Josh - he gobbles this shiz up for fuel. He is the competitive/talented juggernaut we’ve been craving at the QB position for the last 23ish years.

I'm going to wait a bit to make any kind of proclamations but am certainly getting excited. Just wish that they could blow out bad teams instead of playing into the 4th with them. That though may be more of a college football mindset as blowouts aren't really all that common in the NFL. Will be interesting to see if the offense can keep this up when they go against a good defense and after a few weeks of tape being available. Hopefully they can for at least a few weeks until the D is healthy and back to being a top 5 unit.

Given the absurd NFL broadcast policies limiting games available to watch, does anyone know when the replays are available on the NFL Website/App?

I'm going to wait a bit to make any kind of proclamations but am certainly getting excited. Just wish that they could blow out bad teams instead of playing into the 4th with them. That though may be more of a college football mindset as blowouts aren't really all that common in the NFL. Will be interesting to see if the offense can keep this up when they go against a good defense and after a few weeks of tape being available. Hopefully they can for at least a few weeks until the D is healthy and back to being a top 5 unit.
I don’t know what tape would show...

Allen’s in Year 3. People know what he’s capable of... now he’s finally doing it.

We’re not really doing anything gimmicky. We’ve executed against both zone and man coverage along with containment rush and blitzing.

Watching GMFB and the 49ers got decimated by injury yesterday... ugh.

Reason #1000 why you can’t just look at a schedule and determine how tough it will be.

I’m sure Miami didn’t plan on playing us without Edmunds & Milano yesterday. I’m sure we didn’t plan on seeing San Fran later this year without Bosa and Thomas on that DL.

Denver is another team that's really banged up. If they were fully healthy I'd be worried but I like our chances a lot more now.

I don’t know what tape would show...

Allen’s in Year 3. People know what he’s capable of... now he’s finally doing it.

We’re not really doing anything gimmicky. We’ve executed against both zone and man coverage along with containment rush and blitzing.

I agree and if he has an off game I would hope people would refrain from hysterics about how he isn't a franchise QB etc. I get short term criticism but it's really getting absurd. As Bills fans, Josh is going to drive some people insane with some crazy plays and some poor decisions and the pass that sails over somebody's head but he is also going to make a bunch of great plays as well. He also has a bunch of weapons this year which makes the biggest difference.

As far as non Bills fans it's one of the biggest narratives that naysayers will continue to hold on. Josh has huge fans and harsh critics, there isn't a ton of middle ground but that's what talking heads get paid for. I don't think he is an MVP candidate but I do think he is a franchise QB, and a good or bad game this week won't change my opinion of that. I also like the kid a lot as he has done everything asked of him and so far handled himself like a true pro on and off the field.

I thought Chris Morertensen's tweet was perfect where he alluded to the fact that many people just refuse to admit when they are wrong about Josh Allen and will basically defend this to their grave.

Last edited: