Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I'm pretty confused. I mistakenly thought one network had NFC teams (based on home team) and one had AFC. CBS vs Fox.
Bills Rams is probably an NFC game for TV, and locally, the NFC affiliate will show the Giants.

I don’t know what tape would show...

Allen’s in Year 3. People know what he’s capable of... now he’s finally doing it.

We’re not really doing anything gimmicky. We’ve executed against both zone and man coverage along with containment rush and blitzing.
It's not gimmicky. It's that there was 0 tape, not even 15 bland preseason possessions of Allen or this offense having an elite playmaker in it and how they would choose to deploy him. They've also been able to jump out to leads in both games which opens up a ton of options to attack. Given that they have used 2 pretty diverse gameplans thus far, I would think they still have a few more weeks of tape to put out before folks are able to get a read on tendencies.

Got 4 straight against 2-0 teams. Going 3-1 in that stretch would have me super excited...and super miserable that there could be a home playoff time for the 1st time since I was 13 and won't be able to watch it.

I’m interested to see how we gameplan if Knox can’t go this week.

We’re already one of the league leaders in 10 personnel, and that’s with Knox.

If he can’t go, I could see us going heavy 4 wide with Davis/McKenzie rotating in, as opposed to playing a lot of Kroft/Gilliam/Smith.

I’m interested to see how we gameplan if Knox can’t go this week.

We’re already one of the league leaders in 10 personnel, and that’s with Knox.

If he can’t go, I could see us going heavy 4 wide with Davis/McKenzie rotating in, as opposed to playing a lot of Kroft/Gilliam/Smith.
Is he undergoing hands surgery?

Is he undergoing hands surgery?
Dude has every trait to be a top 10 TE and our best since probably Riemersma...except hands. Kind of important piece I suppose.

I agree and if he has an off game I would hope people would refrain from hysterics about how he isn't a franchise QB etc. I get short term criticism but it's really getting absurd. As Bills fans, Josh is going to drive some people insane with some crazy plays and some poor decisions and the pass that sails over somebody's head but he is also going to make a bunch of great plays as well. He also has a bunch of weapons this year which makes the biggest difference.

As far as non Bills fans it's one of the biggest narratives that naysayers will continue to hold on. Josh has huge fans and harsh critics, there isn't a ton of middle ground but that's what talking heads get paid for. I don't think he is an MVP candidate but I do think he is a franchise QB, and a good or bad game this week won't change my opinion of that. I also like the kid a lot as he has done everything asked of him and so far handled himself like a true pro on and off the field.

I thought Chris Morertensen's tweet was perfect where he alluded to the fact that many people just refuse to admit when they are wrong about Josh Allen and will basically defend this to their grave.

I mean comeon, they could drafted Josh Rosen or traded up to get Sam Darnold. Idiots

We're getting Bears- Atlanta in Kansas City for some reason. Woohoo...

Tougher than quantum physics.

Who would have ever thought that anyone would write this sentence about the Buffalo Bills:

"Allen landed with the exact right franchise and the exact right people at the exact right time."

We're getting Bears- Atlanta in Kansas City for some reason. Woohoo...

multicolored CBS TV map for upstate NY this week. I understand Buffalo getting the 4PM CBS game so Bills on Fox gets all the views. Rochester ends up with 1 PM Houston@Pittsburgh. Syracuse and the North Country get LV/NE (YESSSS!) and the Albany/HV/NYC gets 4PM Jets (makes sense). On a side note the New England TV stations showing the Tampa/Denver 4PM FOX doubleheader for the Brady and Patriots fans (not sure the order of priority for some of those fans, especially the fans post 2000.

For crossover conference games up until a few years ago TV was determined by the road team. For the longest time the 2 Raiders home games vs. NFC teams were exclusively on FOX. The NFL has loosened that up recently so networks could swap games, but it looks like LAR at BUF is sticking to the old formula and getting shown by FOX.

Yup it's been this way my whole life until some minor alterations a couple years ago. CNY will go with whichever team is on their usual network, meaning the non-conf home games are vulnerable. Still salty I missed a '91 game vs the Bears; although I did find it on youtube the other day. Had no idea Merlin Olsen worked for CBS. Amazingly he still got to say "But Dick.." with Stockton instead of Endberg.

Man, today is gonna be a day that hurts not being in the Mud Lot and at the Stadium. Sunny, 80 degree upstate NY early fall day - the stuff season ticket dreams are made of.

Allen and the boys keep rolling today. Let’s goooooooo!

Man, today is gonna be a day that hurts not being in the Mud Lot and at the Stadium. Sunny, 80 degree upstate NY early fall day - the stuff season ticket dreams are made of.

Allen and the boys keep rolling today. Let’s goooooooo!
Was thinking the same thing earlier, just a perfect fall day to be at the Ralph. Hope Allen and the boys come out swinging and build on last week. Let's go 3-0!!!

Hey Lee Smith finally is useful!