Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

The defense is a serious problem, and they have been a problem all year. Didn't we already have at least a 7 quarter stretch this season where we did not force one punt?

Yes sir we did. What hurts is that we appear to have issues at every position save for safety and even their Hyde and Poyer look a step slower then normal. DE and DT are major concerns. Philips has struggled immensely and Oliver has been so/so at best. Hughes and Murphy have been abysmal and the lbs besides Milano have struggled mightily.

Yes sir we did. What hurts is that we appear to have issues at every position save for safety and even their Hyde and Poyer look a step slower then normal. DE and DT are major concerns. Philips has struggled immensely and Oliver has been so/so at best. Hughes and Murphy have been abysmal and the lbs besides Milano have struggled mightily.

I know Edmunds has injury issues, but he literally looks like he aged 10 years in the offseason. He can’t run. The D-line is abysmal, getting gashed on the ground and little pressure on the QB. Even Tre, when healthy, hasn’t looked as good as the previous couple of years. I know it’s only 1 loss, but the D started the season off poorly and has been trending even worse ever since.

Eh, I guess. They’ve played 1/5 games well, and that came against the Jets.. and that game was the high moment of
For sure... I’m definitely worried, but we would have looked a lot better w Tre and Milano out there tonight. Get them healthy and see what it looks like on the other side.

I know Edmunds has injury issues, but he literally looks like he aged 10 years in the offseason. He can’t run. The D-line is abysmal, getting gashed on the ground and little pressure on the QB. Even Tre, when healthy, hasn’t looked as good as the previous couple of years. I know it’s only 1 loss, but the D started the season off poorly and has been trending even worse ever since.
He has always seemed short on tenacity and instincts to be a star mike in this league. Hope he proves me wrong as the season wears on.

I like tight ends that don't drop the ball.
Has a 15 yard angry run and then drops a 15 yard pass through the air. Just who he is. Most frustrating player on this offense, by far.

For sure... I’m definitely worried, but we would have looked a lot better w Tre and Milano out there tonight. Get them healthy and see what it looks like on the other side.
The issue with centering a defense around Milano, is Milano is not a 16 game a year player.

White, it’s taking everything in me to not be completely skeptical of his random, out of nowhere, back injury.

Lots to unpack here:
1. Allen was bad. Worst game of the year, by far. Granted, the first INT wasn't on him, but the offense was uncharacteristically sluggish. Should be a fun week, having to read and hear all of the Allen bashing.
2. The defense was...the 2020 defense. We need playmakers on defense in the worst way. Just so undisciplined, with pre-snap penalties, lack of contain and edge-setting. Of course, there was little to no pass rush, and Tannehill did what he does best - short, safe passes. He still sucks, BTW.
3. I don't want to see Roberts on offense, ever.
4. I have a feeling that the staff has somewhat cooled on Singletary. It seemed like on every 3rd and short yardage play, Yeldon was in the game. Not a good sign when RB3 is in the game over RB1 on 3rd and shorts. That said, the lack of a run game is a problem.
5. Knox is a headcase. That drop was a killer - he had open field and a blocker ahead of him.
6. There was no sense of urgency when we were behind and had the ball. It was like watching SU with the ball, aside from the sense of despair.
7. Why no deep shots on offense?
8. The officiating was worse than usual - blatant hold on Taiwan Jones on the long Raymond PR, DPI (?) on Norman, roughing the passer, the (non) illegal forward pass, bogus illegal shift call, so many missed holds.
9. Just an uncharacteristic game, from a prep standpoint. We beat ourselves. We looked sloppy, unfocused and unprepared. Disappointing, to say the least.
10. It's well past time for McD to take the play calling on D away from Frazier. He's supposed to be a defensive mind, so show us what you can do.
11. Adios with all of these "Titans overcome adversity" and victim complex takes from the media and clown Titans players. They cheated, and knowingly broke rules. Because of that, the entire league had to sit back in limbo and wait on the Titans daily testing results. The Bills had no idea who their next opponent would be. Eph the Titans - despicable coach, franchise and team.
12. Did I mention that the defense sucks?

Last edited:
Lots to unpack here:
1. Allen was bad. Worst game of the year, by far. Granted, the first INT wasn't on him, but the offense was uncharacteristically sluggish. Should be a fun week, having to read and hear all of the Allen bashing.
2. The defense was...the 2020 defense. We need playmakers on defense in the worst way. Just so undisciplined, with pre-snap penalties, lack of contain and edge-setting. Of course, there was little to no pass rush, and Tannehill did what he does best - short, safe passes. He still sucks, BTW.
4. I have a feeling that the staff has somewhat cooled on Singletary. It seemed like on every 3rd and short yardage play, Yeldon was in the game. Not a good sign when RB3 is in the game over RB1 on 3rd and shorts. That said, the lack of a run game is a problem.
5. Knox is a headcase. That drop was a killer - he had open field and a blocker ahead of him.
6. There was no sense of urgency when we were behind and had the ball. It was like watching SU with the ball, aside from the sense of despair.
8. The officiating was worse than usual - blatant hold on Taiwan Jones on the long Raymond PR, DPI (?) on Norman, roughing the passer, the (non) illegal forward pass, bogus illegal shift call, so many missed holds.
9. Just an uncharacteristic game, from a prep standpoint. We beat ourselves. We looked sloppy, unfocused and unprepared. Disappointing, to say the least.
10. It's well past time for McD to take the play calling on D away from Frazier. He's supposed to be a defensive mind, so show us what you can do.
11. Adios with all of these "Titans overcome adversity" and victim complex takes from the media and clown Titans players. They cheated, and knowingly broke rules. Because of that, the entire league had to sit back in limbo and wait on the Titans daily testing results. The Bills had no idea who their next opponent would be. Eph the Titans - despicable coach, franchise and team.
Agree with a lot here but I don’t think Allen was bad... I think he was simply ok.

7 drops, one leading to a pick and a bunch of penalties, along with a defense that can’t stop a nosebleed certainly didn’t help him.

We basically need him to be the league MVP to beat anyone decent right now.

Wonder if Tre will miss any practices this week.

Lots to unpack here:

The lack of deep shots was because the Titans were playing a lot of deep zone instead of man to man. Allen was targeting Diggs too much in the first half IMO. Needed to get Beasley more involved, and run the ball better against their front seven.

Agree with a lot here but I don’t think Allen was bad... I think he was simply ok.

7 drops, one leading to a pick and a bunch of penalties, along with a defense that can’t stop a nosebleed certainly didn’t help him.

We basically need him to be the league MVP to beat anyone decent right now.

hated the way that Allen was forcing the ball to Diggs - a couple of the throws were into triple coverage. And the second pick was downright brutal. He didn’t look right from the get go to me.

agreed that he had no help,with drops and no running game.

The lack of deep shots was because the Titans were playing a lot of deep zone instead of man to man. Allen was targeting Diggs too much in the first half IMO. Needed to get Beasley more involved, and run the ball better against their front seven.

maybe we should have played some deep zone against the Rams...

hated the way that Allen was forcing the ball to Diggs - a couple of the throws were into triple coverage. And the second pick was downright brutal. He didn’t look right from the get go to me.

agreed that he had no help,with drops and no running game.
Oh, agreed. The sequence of plays where Diggs became our only receiver and the second interception that effectively ended the game were brutal, but that doesn’t mean his whole game was bad.. He constantly bails this team out when we’re in 3rd and 8 or longer due to penalties, Singletary dancing around the backfield and/or (last night) WR drops.

Roberts screwed this team over so bad by dropping that first down conversion. The Titans came out on tilt and that was exactly what we could not do.

Knox dropped a massive gainer where he had blocking set up and he would’ve been rumbling deep into Titans territory, or scoring.

How many f***ing false starts!?

TD called back for illegal shift. We still scored.

He wasn’t good, but he wasn’t bad. He was ok, and if that’s his floor now, we’re in great shape.

Ugh, why are the Bills in the last 3 for Bell? What does he possibly do better than Singletary at this point?

Ugh, why are the Bills in the last 3 for Bell? What does he possibly do better than Singletary at this point?

I'm not a huge fan of Bell, but Singletary has been pretty mediocre to poor this year. He's averaging less than 50 yards per game on the ground and 25 in the passing game. They need much more production out of the run game to take some of the pressure off Allen.