Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Ugh, why are the Bills in the last 3 for Bell? What does he possibly do better than Singletary at this point?

He fits the scheme great and he's better than Singletary IMO. If you bring him in, you can let Moss take all the time he needs to get healthy and focus on improving in practice this year.

I'm not a huge fan of Bell, but Singletary has been pretty mediocre to poor this year. He's averaging less than 50 yards per game on the ground and 25 in the passing game. They need much more production out of the run game to take some of the pressure off Allen.
It's all relative. Hard to be over 50 yards per game while averaging 12 carries. Last time Bell was over 4.0 ypc was in 2016. Might as well be 30 years ago with the way RBs age.

He fits the scheme great and he's better than Singletary IMO. If you bring him in, you can let Moss take all the time he needs to get healthy and focus on improving in practice this year.
I'm cool with it if it's for the minimum because of the offset language in his contract. Not like he's getting over the $6m the Jets owe so that should probably be what he signs for since they will be the one footing the bill. No idea why he would sign in Buffalo over KC though.

I'm cool with it if it's for the minimum because of the offset language in his contract. Not like he's getting over the $6m the Jets owe so that should probably be what he signs for since they will be the one footing the bill. No idea why he would sign in Buffalo over KC though.

I don't think he'll sign for a lot, if he does only Miami can offer him that money. Chiefs offer best chance at a ring but I think Reid still wants to feature CEH a bit. In Buffalo, Bell can be the bell cow and still be on a playoff team.

I’m all about some Le’Veon Bell given the contract won’t be an albatross now.

He fits our offense like a glove and pushes Singletary to RB2 (which is where he should be)

Not that it had any impact on the outcome, but this call cracked me up:

To be fair, this only looks as bad as it does because the blue line is way off. I think he's probably still slightly past the line of scrimmage, but it's not nearly as drastic as the picture makes it look.

Ugh, why are the Bills in the last 3 for Bell? What does he possibly do better than Singletary at this point?
I don't think it's about upgrading from Singletary. In all likelihood, Bell would be the backup. Bell gives us a dependable 3rd down receiver/blocker though that we don't currently have and if he adds anything in the run game, that's an added bonus.

Maybe more importantly, it'll probably be a league minimum deal. No risk (unless you think he's going to destroy the locker room or something), decent potential reward.

I don't think it's about upgrading from Singletary. In all likelihood, Bell would be the backup. Bell gives us a dependable 3rd down receiver/blocker though that we don't currently have and if he adds anything in the run game, that's an added bonus.

Maybe more importantly, it'll probably be a league minimum deal. No risk (unless you think he's going to destroy the locker room or something), decent potential reward.
Singletary was really unimpressive against the Titans. Not that anyone on our squad really was all that impressive, but he was noticeably bad.

I still like him as his talent is clearly obvious, but Yeldon looked twice the player of DS the other night.

Singletary hasn't yet shown the uber elusiveness this year. Moss has been out with a toe injury. Those can drag along for a long time. Getting Bell for the league minimum would be something.

Bell is 48th of 49 RBs in YPC since start of 2019. Think he's about last in yards per reception as well. Thinking he's an upgrade over Singletary is wishful thinking. League minimum obviously makes it worth a chance since there is 0 risk.

Bell is 48th of 49 RBs in YPC since start of 2019. Think he's about last in yards per reception as well. Thinking he's an upgrade over Singletary is wishful thinking. League minimum obviously makes it worth a chance since there is 0 risk.
I mean, he smoked Klein on the wheel route for a TD if AJ didn’t tackle him mid-route and injure him.

Klein is awful in coverage, but most linebackers can be had if your RB can run those routes.

There’s also the “Gase effect”, which is clearly what everyone will be banking on with Bell and, potentially, Darnold if they move on from him given what we’ve seen from Tannehill and Robbie Anderson.

McDermott commented on Bell, and confirmed that we are looking into him, during his press conference. Apparently he’s never been this transparent about a potential signing.

McDermott commented on Bell, and confirmed that we are looking into him, during his press conference. Apparently he’s never been this transparent about a potential signing.

Yeah that's really weird for him. Could be nothing but I don't blame people for thinking that's significant because it's definitely not normal for him to openly confirm their interest in a player.

Bell would be an amazing fit for this offense.

I tell ya - it’s too bad Yeldon can’t play specials. I like what he brings to the table as a third back.

YPC isn't a good stat to use when evaluating RBs. Last year Bell had a higher rushing yards after contact than Christian McCaffrey and just as many broken tackles. He prolly won't be as good as he was three years ago, but he can still be productive IMO. Look how many Dolphins and former Jets players are thriving once they got away from Gase. That dude is the worst.

Bell would be an amazing fit for this offense.

I tell ya - it’s too bad Yeldon can’t play specials. I like what he brings to the table as a third back.
I never understand why any NFL player over 200 pounds cannot play on special teams.

YPC isn't a good stat to use when evaluating RBs. Last year Bell had a higher rushing yards after contact than Christian McCaffrey and just as many broken tackles. He prolly won't be as good as he was three years ago, but he can still be productive IMO. Look how many Dolphins and former Jets players are thriving once they got away from Gase. That dude is the worst.
How about that Bilal Powell avg'd 3.9 behind that same line compared to Bell's 3.2? Pretty apples to apples there wouldn't you say? His longest carry was 19 yards last year and is 13 so far this year. His last year in Pittsburgh he appeared to not be as explosive as previously either and that was when he was 25. Again, for the minimum it's a no brainer.

How about that Bilal Powell avg'd 3.9 behind that same line compared to Bell's 3.2? Pretty apples to apples there wouldn't you say? His longest carry was 19 yards last year and is 13 so far this year. His last year in Pittsburgh he appeared to not be as explosive as previously either and that was when he was 25. Again, for the minimum it's a no brainer.

Nope. Especially when one guy had 59 carries and the other had 245.

It's pretty strange that the Jets next 3 games are Miami, Buffalo and KC. Same 3 teams he is deciding between.

Josh Allen shows excellent pocket awareness. Which is nice.