Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Watch the runs, Singletary is getting the handoffs from shot gun or RPO much of the time. He has no headstart at all and is asked to decide where to run to and to make guys miss with no momentum. The scheme and the run blocking are far more concerning than singletary. He actually makes guys miss a bunch. Just because it only is a 2 yard gain in the stats doesn’t mean it couldn’t have been a 2 yard loss. He’s known for breaking tackles and I’ve seen it plenty already in his first 1+ seasons.

Watch the runs, Singletary is getting the handoffs from shot gun or RPO much of the time. He has no headstart at all and is asked to decide where to run to and to make guys miss with no momentum. The scheme and the run blocking are far more concerning than singletary. He actually makes guys miss a bunch. Just because it only is a 2 yard gain in the stats doesn’t mean it couldn’t have been a 2 yard loss. He’s known for breaking tackles and I’ve seen it plenty already in his first 1+ seasons.

The handoff where the running back is either standing still or moving backwards is one of my biggest pet peeves in football, and we do it a ton.

The handoff where the running back is either standing still or moving backwards is one of my biggest pet peeves in football, and we do it a ton.
Agree. One move and go! Also, don't recall them trying to isolate Singletary on a LB or at least decoy the LB to remove him from the actual play.

Knox out for Monday. Looks like Milano, Tre, Smoke, etc can play

Trying to debate starting TY Hilton or John Brown in fantasy this week? Sounds like Brown will play and I like his potential in a Chiefs matchup but if he isn't 100%...hmmmm

Trying to debate starting TY Hilton or John Brown in fantasy this week? Sounds like Brown will play and I like his potential in a Chiefs matchup but if he isn't 100%...hmmmm

If you need the upside play I'd start Brown.

From what I've been reading, Brown is still 50/50 to play. Little late to the party here though...

So... how are we feeling? Defense going to finally step up today?

Hope Brown can go.. I think he’s massive for this offense. If he can’t, shouldn’t we call up Duke? Not the same player, but if we can’t match Brown’s speed, Duke’s size on whoever the Chiefs 3/4 CB works for me.

So... how are we feeling? Defense going to finally step up today?

Hope Brown can go.. I think he’s massive for this offense. If he can’t, shouldn’t we call up Duke? Not the same player, but if we can’t match Brown’s speed, Duke’s size on whoever the Chiefs 3/4 CB works for me.

I don't know what to expect from the defense, TBH.

It's been raining here for the past hour or so, and is supposed to rain for much of the day. I'm not sure if that hurts us, or KC, more. Silly as it sounds, I think our ability to defend KC's screen game will be huge.

The offense couldn't do what it wanted to do last week without Brown's speed. His ability to take the top off a defense opens so much up underneath.

I don't know what to expect from the defense, TBH.

It's been raining here for the past hour or so, and is supposed to rain for much of the day. I'm not sure if that hurts us, or KC, more. Silly as it sounds, I think our ability to defend KC's screen game will be huge.

The offense couldn't do what it wanted to do last week without Brown's speed. His ability to take the top off a defense opens so much up underneath.
To an extent, absolutely, but Allen had the short underneath stuff open all game. He just hates taking it and the Titans banked on that. If Brown can’t go tonight, Allen might need to be patient and pick his shots.

The interesting thing about this strategy, is that defenses bank on you making a mistake (Allen’s pick to Butler) or stiffening up in the red zone, but if we can methodically stay disciplined down the field, Allen is a monster in the red zone.

To an extent, absolutely, but Allen had the short underneath stuff open all game. He just hates taking it and the Titans banked on that. If Brown can’t go tonight, Allen might need to be patient and pick his shots.

The interesting thing about this strategy, is that defenses bank on you making a mistake (Allen’s pick to Butler) or stiffening up in the red zone, but if we can methodically stay disciplined down the field, Allen is a monster in the red zone.

Agreed its why, the Texans were marching up and down the field in the second half of the game yesterday against the Titans.

Maybe it'll be a trend but I don't know...last year it was heavy blitzing that gave him problems. This was just one game where we didn't know who the opponent would be up until what, Fri/Sat?

The "good luck not screwing up or getting a penalty" defense also seems like largely a thing of the past given how easy passing is and oh ya holding being legal now.
Not being able to run vs a crappy 7man front is a little concerning..

This is a big game now with the NE struggles. 11 wins may win the East but good chance that 13 is needed to get the bye.. Several tough games left @SF, Pitt, Seattle, Patx2, KC win 3 of those to 7.. beat Miami/Jets thats 9 Den/SD/Cards win2 thats 11..

NE has Bills 2X, SF, Ravens if they split that they could easily go 6-1 vs the rest and that still only 10-6..

Pitt/Balt if Either one sweeps it helps the Bills.
Titans/colts will play itself out
KC/LA gonna be a sweep or a split now and that helps the Bills to..

So... how are we feeling?
Feeling great - much more of a regular week than Titans game, plus we are home, that always helps things feel more natural.

Dread did hit my system just before last weeks game... not so today. We will be ready to play.

Brown and Tre active... Lfg!

Milano inactive again unfortunately. Cox Jr active and Epenesa in line to start. Brown active and Tre

Feeling great - much more of a regular week than Titans game, plus we are home, that always helps things feel more natural.

Dread did hit my system just before last weeks game... not so today. We will be ready to play.

Brown and Tre active... Lfg!
Feel the same way. Nothing felt right about the Titans game. Then the inactive list hit and it just seemed like we were not mentally there for that game.

I don’t feel like that tonight. No idea what to expect, but I’m not heading into this game with that sinking feeling I had last week.

No Milano is big. Kelce will probably grab 10 balls underneath as hill and hardman force the safeties to stay deep.

I expect growing pains with the rookie kid at DE but I think he can get after Mahomes.

Not to be that guy but do we ever win the coin toss? Feels like were receiving every single game.