Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Game was 50/50. Both teams had good moments and periods of struggle. Definitely two good teams going at it.

I definitely wanted to throw up watching that, but not because we lost... but because I can’t even check ESPN.com to see the Ravens/Pats score without “the catch” shoved in my face. Definitely won’t be watching anything pro football related for a good week or so thanks to that.
Same here.

Just sickening that sequence. And right after such a play by Allen and Diggs.

I won’t be over it for a bit, myself. I mean how often do teams lose on a hail Mary!

We will be in a battle against Miami the rest of the way. This would have been a huge win and to lose that way makes me sick. On a Hail Mary. Oy!

Unreal.

Knox needs to go. His dumb penalty wiped out a first down, and he was also flagged for being lazy and not getting set.

Another drop for Singletary...that play was probably a 20+ yard gain. Our RBs pretty much blow in the pass game. Would help if Allen had someone he could dump a ball off to for an easy 4-5 yards.

OL was a mess, as was the tackling ('sup, Poyer). But nothing new as far as the latter is concerned.

Bass was huge as was Beasley. Diggs was solid too.

The strategy on the last drive was so dumb, IMO. They rolled out the red carpet for the Cards, to let them get a shot at the end zone. That it was the best 3 players from our overrated secondary that couldn't knock a ball down speaks volumes, IMO. People can say "it was a fluke" or "it was a great play by a great player", but why let it get to that point? We had just taken a timeout...the thought of putting Gabe Davis in and positioning him and/or Edmunds near the goal line didn't cross McDermott's mind?

I am crossing my fingers this is not a play we look back on as being a missed opportunity, or the start of downward momentum. Yes it is one game but that's as brutal as it gets.

Lol... can't believe that happened.

Arizona is also battling for their division still and right there for the taking. That was a huge win for them, at our expense. On a hail mary. And I can't say that enough because it was a legit hail mary.

Ending aside - especially given the situation, that pass from Allen to Diggs was as elite as one can get on both ends of the play.
Yeah, what a play. Should have been the game winner. Perfectly placed throw and a great grab. Beautiful. But alas.

I fully expected Arizona to get a shot at a hail mary with the prevent d and a mobile qb so I was prepared to hold my breath. But to actually see it happen, and be caught like that. Just sickening stuff. Something you cannot make up that ruined the entire night. Luckily we have work tomorrow though!

I'm a sore loser, but I just hate the mindset our coaches have sometimes.

The "hey, you can cross midfield and take a shot or two into the end zone, because what are the odds that you'll catch a Hail Mary?" mindset. If you're going to lose, do so playing aggressively.

And why the *&^% do we commit so many dumb penalties and miss so many tackles game after game? How about some attention to detail and discipline?

Well then.... anyone with any suggestions for how to stop replaying a play over and over and over....? Used to be a big problem of mine but as I’ve gotten a bit older I’ve been able to get over it easier. This one is really sticking. Have to keep reminding myself there is absolutely nothing I could have done to change this outcome, which is clearly obvious but when you take things personally it’s hard to convince yourself. The brain is a wild thing.

*avoids espn and social media*

Well then... anyone with any suggestions for how to stop replaying a play over and over and over...? Used to be a big problem of mine but as I’ve gotten a bit older I’ve been able to get over it easier. This one is really sticking. Have to keep reminding myself there is absolutely nothing I could have done to change this outcome, which is clearly obvious but when you take things personally it’s hard to convince yourself. The brain is a wild thing.

*avoids espn and social media*
Yup.

It’s just a football game, but I definitely woke up thinking about that play.

I was too young to remember the Super Bowl losses and wasn’t as die hard when we lost the Titans “lateral” game, so this is probably the most brutal loss I’ve ever had by a team I root for in my life.

I’m just so disgusted with this defense right now. They do look to be getting better, but by “better”, I mean they played a C level game up until that miracle drive, instead of their pre-Seattle constant failing game grades.

McDermott/Frazier playing prevent D as long as AZ uses their timeouts allows the ball to get to midfield by design. Then they call a defensive timeout, don’t blitz, don’t put in anyone with size in the end zone and don’t keep contain on Murray... what exactly did they discuss in that timeout? My guess is they outsmarted themselves by being worried of a 15-20 yard sideline out, which would’ve give AZ one shot from the 25/30 yard line.

Four guys involved in the play. Main culprits being a highly paid ex-Carolina Panther taking himself out of the play as Murray broke contain, the other being a Safety we just gave an extension to, and the third being a corner who we made on of the highest paid at the position.

The answer is, it was just a flukey great play by one of the best WR’s in the past 10 years of football. That doesn’t change the fact that, yet again, our overpaid defense completely lets us down.

Can’t wait to enter Week 12 somehow tied with Miami.

What hurts the most was seeing Diggs so pumped on the sideline. He was all of us in that moment. Then the trash defense of 2020 decided we can’t have nice things.

Last play was truly the (im)perfect storm, considering it all.

What's crazy about it is it happened after such a high. If the Bills just didn't score, or kicked a FG and lost in OT, feel is completely different even though it's still the loss.

Last play was truly the (im)perfect storm, considering it all.

What's crazy about it is it happened after such a high. If the Bills just didn't score, or kicked a FG and lost in OT, feel is completely different even though it's still the loss.
That Allen to Diggs throw was filthy, but repeatable. If you’re Arizona, you lose on that.. tip your cap and move on.

A Hail Mary to one WR, surrounded by three defenders is a miracle. Will be really interesting to see how we respond after the bye.

If our offense didn’t come through on that last drive, I’d be frustrated, but they’ve been so good this year that I’d get over it. The defense, and how heavily invested in that side of the ball is, have me on my last nerve.

Reality is, the offense did lose that game more than the defense (imo), but they came through when it mattered and our defense continued to let us down... this time in the most unbelievable way imaginable.

That Allen to Diggs throw was filthy, but repeatable. If you’re Arizona, you lose on that.. tip your cap and move on.

A Hail Mary to one WR, surrounded by three defenders is a miracle. Will be really interesting to see how we respond after the bye.

If our offense didn’t come through on that last drive, I’d be frustrated, but they’ve been so good this year that I’d get over it. The defense, and how heavily invested in that side of the ball is, have me on my last nerve.

Reality is, the offense did lose that game more than the defense (imo), but they came through when it mattered and our defense continued to let us down.
Bye is killing me. I am really hoping we don’t look back at this game come week 17.

Bye is killing me. I am really hoping we don’t look back at this game come week 17.
I hate to say it, but I do think this division comes down to Week 17 now.

I think we’re a better team than the Dolphins, but Miami apparently doesn’t lose anymore and we have similar schedules. They have some meh teams, NE and KC, and we have some meh teams, NE and Pitt.

Even worse, they have a cakewalk next few weeks, so I could easily see us looking up at them in the standings, should we lose to the Steelers.

I hate to say it, but I do think this division comes down to Week 17 now.

I think we’re a better team than the Dolphins, but Miami apparently doesn’t lose anymore and we have similar schedules. They have some meh teams, NE and KC, and we have some meh teams, NE and Pitt.

Even worse, they have a cakewalk next few weeks, so I could easily see us looking up at them in the standings, should we lose to the Steelers.
Miami has a great chance of going 3-0 in the next three.

not putting someone in with size on the back line is 100% on McD/Frazier

Agree. They don't even have to be fast since you can start the play with them back there - just tall. This wasn't quite as bad as the Music City Miracle since that was a playoff game, but it was close enough that I'm having trouble letting it go.

not putting someone in with size on the back line is 100% on McD/Frazier
I think they stayed in a somewhat normal defensive alignment due to fears of a 15-20 yard sideline out - but even if that’s the case... don’t play prevent and allow them to get past midfield with 11 seconds left.

I truly dont believe they were expecting a Hail Mary on that play.

I think they stayed in a somewhat normal defensive alignment due to fears of a 15-20 yard sideline out - but even if that’s the case... don’t play prevent and allow them to get past midfield with 11 seconds left.

I truly dont believe they were expecting a Hail Mary on that play.
I mean, I wasn't either. I expected two more plays. Then suddenly Murray scrambles, and it's the last play. Although if it's not knocked down, they still get another shot.

Agree. They don't even have to be fast since you can start the play with them back there - just tall. This wasn't quite as bad as the Music City Miracle since that was a playoff game, but it was close enough that I'm having trouble letting it go.
Big time trouble for me. Even if we thought they might try to get 15-20 yards, I think you're fine still having a guy like Davis in there deep. Did we rush all dlinemen? If so, running a backer at Murray would have been a good option too, bit more speed.

All woulda coulda shoulda. But man... how do people get over something like this? Hopefully the game tonight has a huge play so I can revisit ESPN.

Yup.

It’s just a football game, but I definitely woke up thinking about that play.

I was too young to remember the Super Bowl losses and wasn’t as die hard when we lost the Titans “lateral” game, so this is probably the most brutal loss I’ve ever had by a team I root for in my life.

I’m just so disgusted with this defense right now. They do look to be getting better, but by “better”, I mean they played a C level game up until that miracle drive, instead of their pre-Seattle constant failing game grades.

McDermott/Frazier playing prevent D as long as AZ uses their timeouts allows the ball to get to midfield by design. Then they call a defensive timeout, don’t blitz, don’t put in anyone with size in the end zone and don’t keep contain on Murray... what exactly did they discuss in that timeout? My guess is they outsmarted themselves by being worried of a 15-20 yard sideline out, which would’ve give AZ one shot from the 25/30 yard line.

Four guys involved in the play. Main culprits being a highly paid ex-Carolina Panther taking himself out of the play as Murray broke contain, the other being a Safety we just gave an extension to, and the third being a corner who we made on of the highest paid at the position.

The answer is, it was just a flukey great play by one of the best WR’s in the past 10 years of football. That doesn’t change the fact that, yet again, our overpaid defense completely lets us down.

Can’t wait to enter Week 12 somehow tied with Miami.

What hurts the most was seeing Diggs so pumped on the sideline. He was all of us in that moment. Then the trash defense of 2020 decided we can’t have nice things.

This loss was easily number 2 to the Music City Screwing for me. Only other one that could have come close would have been Wide Right, but I was too young for that.

3C5DD7D6-81F6-4D54-B708-27839FAD527E.jpeg

This loss was easily number 2 to the Music City Screwing for me. Only other one that could have come close would have been Wide Right, but I was too young for that.

Wide right is certainly up there since it was the Super Bowl. But at least in that scenario, you can mentally prepare yourself for either scenario. Yesterday's hail mary and Music City Miracle are just like What just happened?

Wide right is certainly up there since it was the Super Bowl. But at least in that scenario, you can mentally prepare yourself for either scenario. Yesterday's hail mary and Music City Miracle are just like What just happened?
I was also too young for wide right. But I remember the music city forward lateral as a young elementary schooler and it crushed me. And against the Texans, that third down play and not sacking Watson. This is right up there. The high to low gap was astronomical.