Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Wide right is certainly up there since it was the Super Bowl. But at least in that scenario, you can mentally prepare yourself for either scenario. Yesterday's hail mary and Music City Miracle are just like What just happened?

Maybe its because of those two prior incidents but as soon as AZ got to midfield I told my wife watch out for the Hailmary to Hopkins. Wish I could say I was shocked what occurred but I had a sick feeling going into that drive.

Maybe its because of those two prior incidents but as soon as AZ got to midfield I told my wife watch out for the Hailmary to Hopkins. Wish I could say I was shocked what occurred but I had a sick feeling going into that drive.

You know what makes me more sick every time I see the play? We were thisclose to sacking Murray and the game would have been over right then.

I was expecting a DPI far down the field, that would lead to us sweating a final play from like the 20.

I just wish teams would rush more than 3-4 on that play.. if teams need more than a FG dont even give him time to throw that ball. if he dumps it short or throws a 10 yd out fine..

I mean, 75 yards in 30 seconds, with the game on the line. Disgusting.

its like they didnt try to play defense until they got to mid field. its amazing to me how bad NFL teams are at game theory. they almost all do the same crap that undermines their chances of winning...they play the same way so they won't be critiqued..theyd rather lose by the book than win going against it.

I just wish teams would rush more than 3-4 on that play.. if teams need more than a FG dont even give him time to throw that ball. if he dumps it short or throws a 10 yd out fine..

the rush wasn't the problem...they had pressure on him and he just snaked out of it...the issue was giving hopkins a free run to the endzone without any resistance...bump him at the line..if you miss ..so what...you've got a bunch of dudes behind you. that way when the ball is up for grabs..he isn't camped out under it..

You know what makes me more sick every time I see the play? We were thisclose to sacking Murray and the game would have been over right then.

100%, we had him like that at least a half dozen times that game, as soon as he escaped and I saw we didn't have a spy I knew we were in trouble. Ugh sickening.

100%, we had him like that at least a half dozen times that game, as soon as he escaped and I saw we didn't have a spy I knew we were in trouble. Ugh sickening.
Did we rush Klein? I would have had him as one of the 4 rushing. More speed.

I hate to say it, but I do think this division comes down to Week 17 now.
I think we’re a better team than the Dolphins, but Miami apparently doesn’t lose anymore and we have similar schedules. They have some meh teams, NE and KC, and we have some meh teams, NE and Pitt.

Even worse, they have a cakewalk next few weeks, so I could easily see us looking up at them in the standings, should we lose to the Steelers.

The way I look at it the whole point of getting a home playoff game is to host a team at least as good as Miami. So if we can't beat them, shrug.

Unpopular take but we never really looked like the better side in that game imo. It'd honestly be a frustrating L if you're Arizona; moving at will & settling for chippy FGs while the other lousy kicker is having a career day nailing bombs.

But dang that woulda been a nice steal of a W and 8-2 sounds so good. Only the Bills can make such a 'gravy' game so devastating.

the rush wasn't the problem...they had pressure on him and he just snaked out of it...the issue was giving hopkins a free run to the endzone without any resistance...bump him at the line..if you miss ..so what...you've got a bunch of dudes behind you. that way when the ball is up for grabs..he isn't camped out under it..

Murray's elusiveness is a major problem, I assume McDermott and Frazier were worried that sending the house could result in him getting free for a 50+ yard TD run. By the same token I wasn't a fan of calling the TO there to allow them to set up something especially when we give up the hailmary on the next play. Sometimes your better off forcing them to hurry and scramble. Personally I would have brought a blitz bu I would have had the guys coming up the field in a pincer movement forcing Murray to stay in the pocket, if he wants to take off then let him or make him through that pass in the pocket.

Did we rush Klein? I would have had him as one of the 4 rushing. More speed.

I can't recall 100% but I don't think we sent him on a blitz. Not having Milano that game was a killer, he's built for those kinds of matchups. Also we should have had Diggs playing as an ultra deep safety, zero chance he doesn't at least knock that down.

At least we have this thread, to vent in with other fans. Nice to just type stuff out. Lol a hail mary.

The way I look at it the whole point of getting a home playoff game is to host a team at least as good as Miami. So if we can't beat them, shrug.

Unpopular take but we never really looked like the better side in that game imo. It'd honestly be a frustrating L if you're Arizona; moving at will & settling for chippy FGs while the other lousy kicker is having a career day nailing bombs.

But dang that woulda been a nice steal of a W and 8-2 sounds so good. Only the Bills can make such a 'gravy' game so devastating.
I don’t know... it was a 50/50 game imo. We were the better side in the first half. They were better in the 2nd half.

How do we know Bass is a lousy kicker? He’s been trending way up and was money yesterday. Maybe he’s just good?

I’m still beyond pissed that the highlight of the year is that miracle play, when the play of the game should’ve been Allen making a clutch game winning TD throw to Diggs that only 1 or 2 other QBs in this league can make.

I still maintain that at least half of Bass' FG misses have been Bojorquez's fault. He is a bad holder. Almost never spins the ball so the laces are out, just sets the ball down as is.

there is still no certainty there will even be a home playoff game. they still might end up in some pod system..

I don’t know... it was a 50/50 game imo. We were the better side in the first half. They were better in the 2nd half.

How do we know Bass is a lousy kicker? He’s been trending way up and was money yesterday. Maybe he’s just good?

I’m still beyond pissed that the highlight of the year is that miracle play, when the play of the game should’ve been Allen making a clutch game winning TD throw to Diggs that only 1 or 2 other QBs in this league can make.
You probably won’t even hear about that play this week. It was an unbelievable pass and catch.

I am listening to Sal Cappacio on WGR550. He’s great. Always much more fun listening after wins but I find him calming and reasonable. Nice to hear that from a radio guy.

You probably won’t even hear about that play this week. It was an unbelievable pass and catch.

I am listening to Sal Cappacio on WGR550. He’s great. Always much more fun listening after wins but I find him calming and reasonable. Nice to hear that from a radio guy.
I can’t even bring myself to listen to WGR today.

I went home and watched Office reruns until I passed out.

Checked the Pats/Ravens score on ESPN and the main pic was of Hopkins catch so I immediately closed that window and just googled the score.

I can’t listen to people discuss the game yet. I heard Nate Geary was harping on Allen’s picks in the postgame and I would’ve lost it had I heard that take.

Which, side note, Gabriel Davis is not there yet... dude needs to body out far better. That pick was an embarrassing effort by him.

When healthy, our WR unit is elite, but I still maintain we should draft a speed WR early. Without John Brown healthy, the explosive drop off is really noticeable.

Yeah some people are saying they wanted Dawson Knox back there. That’s laughable to me. Dude would 100% have interfered.

I can’t even bring myself to listen to WGR today.

I went home and watched Office reruns until I passed out.

Checked the Pats/Ravens score on ESPN and the main pic was of Hopkins catch so I immediately closed that window and just googled the score.

I can’t listen to people discuss the game yet. I heard Nate Geary was harping on Allen’s picks in the postgame and I would’ve lost it had I heard that take.

Which, side note, Gabriel Davis is not there yet... dude needs to body out far better. That pick was an embarrassing effort by him.

When healthy, our WR unit is elite, but I still maintain we should draft a speed WR early. Without John Brown healthy, the explosive drop off is really noticeable.

Yeah usually I glance at Peter King's column Monday morning but he already tweeted this was the lead so I'll skip this week.

yep, heading into the last drive, we had more total yards and first downs were even. And we finished with the edge in TOP.

seemed pretty even to me.

At 27 I would have spiked my remote and whipped my phone off my balcony. At 37, I just started laughing and shaking my head. Some small benefits come with age I guess.
Yeah, what can you do, shiz happens.

We made Murray run to his left while avoiding a sack, turn his body back around with a guy in his face as he throws it. We had our three best secondary players blanketing Hopkins, all three guys got their hands on the ball and body on Hopkins... yet somehow he makes the catch.

It’s about how you respond. We will respond well.

We made Murray run to his left while avoiding a sack, turn his body back around with a guy in his face as he throws it. We had our three best secondary players blanketing Hopkins, all three guys got their hands on the ball and body on Hopkins... yet somehow he makes the catch.

I’m hopeful. I like your confidence though about it. Chargers are a team usually in close games. Need to make it difficult on their young QB.

And it was all just because of these freakishly giant hands. The other hand is Robert Mays who was an OL in college so he's an above average size human being. Hopkins hands are just a bizarre thing that makes him an elite WR while not really having any other elite traits.

Em56MaSXcAIv2ub

And it was all just because of these freakishly giant hands. The other hand is Robert Mays who was an OL in college so he's an above average size human being. Hopkins hands are just a bizarre thing that makes him an elite WR while not really having any other elite traits.

Em56MaSXcAIv2ub
Insane