Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

I'm not an Anti-McDermott guy but at some point you've gotta wonder what someone else at the helm might be able to do or come up with. Not saying he should be let go but feels like were re-living the same issues in the playoffs year after year after year.
Thought he was a great DC the last 8 or 9 games. But why Williams and Elam weren't in from second quarter on, boggles my mind. Klein was too slow and Douglas was too hurt.

Never understood why kickers aren’t valued as much as some other positions, game was decided because KC has an ace kicker and Bills don’t.
Of course Bills defense could have played better, but it basically boiled down to who could kick and who couldn’t.

White, Knox and Miller eating up 60 million in cap space is not ideal. Cutting them is a wash. They have to eat that next year if they were to get dumped.

I think they can save some decent $$ on cutting Tre. Knox and Miller no, but cutting Miller would save a little but free up a bunch the following year. I suspect both Von and Tre will be cut. Knox no

True. The bills and Josh Allen are judged at this point on post season success which is not horrible but not good either. You also need a little luck as well. Mahomes is the best qb in the league and once in a while you have to beat him to get where you want to be but Josh isn’t mahomes and isn’t as as clutch as joe burrow and it shows. Going to take a minor miracle for them to get to the Super Bowl as long as burrow and mahomes are around

Joe Burrow wins that game today if he was the bills qb because he makes better decisions and throws with much better accuracy. Josh came up small in the 4th, IMO. He crapped himself.

I agree with most of that, though I don't know about crapped on himself. I think he wasn't stellar on that last drive for sure but again if he has a split second more before Jones is in his lap he has a TD to Shakir.

I do agree that Allen sometimes gets lost in the moment and his decisions can get away from him. The third down play is the one that hurt but If I recall he was running for his life shortly after the snap, should have tried something shorter there and hoped for the best.

Thought he was a great DC the last 8 or 9 games. But why Williams and Elam weren't in from second quarter on, boggles my mind. Klein was too slow and Douglas was too hurt.

Williams played a little more in the 2nd half which was good to see but ya he should have played more and with Douglas not at 100% probably right on Elam.

As I reflect… the real issue is that 17 seconds was probably the peak for this team, but the Chiefs have another level they can get to that the Bills can’t match because they have hof talent in Mahomes, Kelce, Reid and other elite talent like Jones. This version of the Bills just has Allen. It’s a testament to Allen that he alone is good enough that there isn’t much between the two teams. This reminds me of Elway against NFC teams before he got that RB and Shanahan. It’s a one man show.

I agree with most of that, though I don't know about crapped on himself. I think he wasn't stellar on that last drive for sure but again if he has a split second more before Jones is in his lap he has a TD to Shakir.
as great as he played Josh also had a fumble that would have ended the game if not for a miraculous effort and a dropped probable int which would have sealed it. he was dang lucky to escape with 0 TO's.
his achilles heel all season.

What will it take? This was setting up as expected- last team with ball wins. And we failed. Again. To a team that was below standard all year. What will it freaking take?

more importantly ...who had the over/under bet on taylor swift shots ?

What will it take? This was setting up as expected- last team with ball wins. And we failed. Again. To a team that was below standard all year. What will it freaking take?

I hope its not the case but sometimes you never get over the hump. I do think they will eventually, they have shown they can beat KC in the regular season and with a semi-healthy D they probably win tonight. Need a soft re-set to get the cap in good order and some young guys at safety and start to overhaul WR and DE.

KC's grip isn't absolute, Kelce is clearly at the end and Reid probably is nearing retirement as well. AFC is QB loaded though so its gonna be a gauntlet year in and year out.

Just need a real #1 or #2 to go with Diggs. Cant do it with all #3s or fill ins

hope the Bill's fan base don't go ballistic on Bass like they did on Norwood.
no point. any actual bills fan knows the game was lost the second they went for a fg. make would have just delayed the inevitable. it was almost better he missed it than have the media drooling over Madeusche having another game winning drive.

Like all day it was short stuff and in the moment when we actually needed some short stuff we didn’t do it. I don’t understand. The shakir TD would have been awesome but the game is far from over. So again, I don’t get it.
perfect call before the two minute warning would be to run allen since you want the clock to run but the cook runs had been shut down.

Klein couldn't cover an 80's song if puff daddy produced it.

White, Knox and Miller eating up 60 million in cap space is not ideal. Cutting them is a wash. They have to eat that next year if they were to get dumped.
Cutting White would free up $6-10 million in space depending on how it's structured. The other two are here for another year for sure. And White might be out of loyalty too.

I wonder if I’ll ever get used to these losses, even though I’ve come to expect it.

I think I would have dealt with it better if it was to literally any other team.
I ask myself this question. I knew Bass would miss that kick (he’s been awful all year) and yet even with that expectation it’s still a terrible feeling. I think what I personally struggle with is the Bills have the best quarterback they’ve had in my lifetime and we just can’t seem to find a way to get over the hump. It’s dejecting.

off-season is going to be very interesting, as it always is, as I suspect we are going to see a lot of new faces next year on the roster.…Beane has his work cut out for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom