Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Kiper 1st mock of the year out this morning. Honestly never heard of this guy and won't be very happy using another premium pick on an edge guy...

i

27. Buffalo Bills

Derick Hall, DE/OLB, Auburn

The Bills have one of the league's best rosters, but they could lose a few defenders in free agency, including Jordan Poyer, Tremaine Edmunds and Shaq Lawson. They need to restock in this draft. And even though Buffalo has used first- or second-round picks on Greg Rousseau, Boogie Basham and AJ Epenesa in the past three drafts, its depth on the edge has to get better. That's why I see Hall, who had 15.5 sacks over the past two seasons, as a stellar fit on Day 1. He could turn into a steal here.

On the other side of the ball, I almost went with offensive tackle Cody Mauch (North Dakota State), who could play guard early in his career before becoming the team's long-term left tackle. Guard O'Cyrus Torrence (Florida) could be another option.

I would hate if they passed on Flowers, I think he can help us at WR a ton.

I would hate if they passed on Flowers, I think he can help us at WR a ton.

I think it has to be WR or OL with the 1st pick. I know the DL needs more depth but we can't go back their early again with so many other needs. This would really be the year Beane should consider trading back and getting more picks.

I think it has to be WR or OL with the 1st pick. I know the DL needs more depth but we can't go back their early again with so many other needs. This would really be the year Beane should consider trading back and getting more picks.
At 1st I was opposed to a WR because I think Shakir is going to turn into a solid 2b/3rd option. But then I thought about paying Gabe $12m+ in another year and Diggs likely only having 2 more years as a true #1 and a young WR ready to take over that role in 2025 would come in real handy because buying one in FA or trading for one is extremely costly.

At 1st I was opposed to a WR because I think Shakir is going to turn into a solid 2b/3rd option. But then I thought about paying Gabe $12m+ in another year and Diggs likely only having 2 more years as a true #1 and a young WR ready to take over that role in 2025 would come in real handy because buying one in FA or trading for one is extremely costly.

Ya I like Shakir a lot but if you look at the depth chart we desperately need another young option especially after letting Hodgins go. You essentially have Diggs, Shakir, Davis and Mckenzie. McKenzie is a gadget guy and as you noted Gabe will be in the final year of his rookie deal. We could really use two Wr's but it seems unlikely we would draft two guys at the position especially if Poyer walks and we need to address safety as well. Bringing Crowder back on a cheap deal would make a lot of sense.

Agreed, I think a low cost FA signing to get a speedy, bendy DE would be enough. Like Daquon Jones but for a DE.

I'm all in favor of trading back to get an extra 3rd or something. Seems this draft class doesn't have a lot of high end talent, but it's still deep.

WR is critical. Look at all of the talented wideouts that have gone in the first 2 rounds in the last few drafts.

WR is critical. Look at all of the talented wideouts that have gone in the first 2 rounds in the last few drafts.
100%. OL or WR high is the way- or trade back if you can get more mid-round picks. But we need help on that side of the ball...

Lot of talk on twitter that he's taking the fall for Frazier and being scapegoated. Hard to disagree.

This isn't to defend Frazier but this is also McDermott's defense. He doesn't sign off on anything related to it if he's not ok with it.

KC with 3 sacks already. Not surprising. What a joke of a performance by our team last week.

Can't believe were sticking with Frazier. Just mindboggling after watching these defenses today. Hard to feel like we can get over the hump without major changes.
Totally agree, feels like we are behind from both a roster and scheme perspective. Especially watching KC’s defense contain the run and Cincy’s WRs high pointing catches downfield. I’ve had a lot of faith in our leadership but this is starting to feel like their heads are buried in the sand…

Kiper 1st mock of the year out this morning. Honestly never heard of this guy and won't be very happy using another premium pick on an edge guy...

i

27. Buffalo Bills

Derick Hall, DE/OLB, Auburn

The Bills have one of the league's best rosters, but they could lose a few defenders in free agency, including Jordan Poyer, Tremaine Edmunds and Shaq Lawson. They need to restock in this draft. And even though Buffalo has used first- or second-round picks on Greg Rousseau, Boogie Basham and AJ Epenesa in the past three drafts, its depth on the edge has to get better. That's why I see Hall, who had 15.5 sacks over the past two seasons, as a stellar fit on Day 1. He could turn into a steal here.

On the other side of the ball, I almost went with offensive tackle Cody Mauch (North Dakota State), who could play guard early in his career before becoming the team's long-term left tackle. Guard O'Cyrus Torrence (Florida) could be another option.

I can't say I agree with the Bills having "one of the league's best rosters." I think you've got maybe 5 or 6 exceptional guys. After that, every other guy could be upgraded.

Speaking of Josh Allen, Purdy has a complete tear of the ulnar in his throwing elbow. Surgery.

I can't say I agree with the Bills having "one of the league's best rosters." I think you've got maybe 5 or 6 exceptional guys. After that, every other guy could be upgraded.

Which teams in your opinion have a better roster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom