Buffalo Bills training camp: Doug Marrone grows irritated | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills training camp: Doug Marrone grows irritated

Again, I love Coach Marrone.

He saved SU Football.

But if it is true that he found the scrutiny in Central NY over SU Football unpleasant, wait till he gets a load of the scrutiny that an NFL HC faces every week.

He is frustrated now and summer camp began what two or three days ago?

Marrone vs Media the sequel. Difference is this isn't Syracuse where the media bows down to anything SU. What's he going to do ban the media from his press conferences and interviews in Buffalo? These guys will tear him apart. Syracuse media is soft, Buffalo is going to chew him up.

Marrone vs Media the sequel. Difference is this isn't Syracuse where the media bows down to anything SU. What's he going to do ban the media from his press conferences and interviews in Buffalo? These guys will tear him apart. Syracuse media is soft, Buffalo is going to chew him up.

He could loosen them up by doing all of his interviews in Bills licensed Zubaz.

DM never liked the press that was obvious but taking an NFL job he went from frying pan to fire IMHO

Art Jones' excitement over ice cream is more significant, IMO.

You'll all become well versed in the dipshittery that is the Buffalo sports media.

He thinks he hated it here wait until God forbid he strats losing with Bills. They will eat him alive!

Local media making a huge deal of this. IMO much to do about anything.

I love Doug and his no BS approach but The fact remains, FHCDM can bully the media, he got his way in Syracuse. He will not in Buffalo. Sullivan and others will tear him up. He will have to become a little more friendly or they will really kill him.

I love Doug and his no BS approach but The fact remains, FHCDM can bully the media, he got his way in Syracuse. He will not in Buffalo. Sullivan and others will tear him up. He will have to become a little more friendly or they will really kill him.
It cracks me up that we're talking about how hard core the Buffalo media is.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It is comparative to Syracuse. Nothing like NYC or Boston though.

Doug is in over his head. Just answer the damn question. If you have to answer the same question 5 times so be it. Giving a lecture to the media (who has been there before you and will be there after you) is just flat out dumb! Those are the people you need on your side especially since your team isn't very good at all

I find it interesting that JB can fly off the handle at the press for questions almost exactly like the ones Marrone did and no one says he is over his head or he better look out because the press will eat him up. Yet when Marrone does the same thing it's a huge deal. For instructional purposes everyone should watch videos of Belicheck and Popovich with the press... those guys are in over their head too right?

Double standard much? I think all of the ladies here need to move on and cut their losses with Marrone. Maybe we should have a Syracusefan group cleansing ritual where we all burn our autographed photo's of Marrone in a flame of purification.

I find it interesting that JB can fly off the handle at the press for questions almost exactly like the ones Marrone did and no one says he is over his head or he better look out because the press will eat him up. Yet when Marrone does the same thing it's a huge deal. For instructional purposes everyone should watch videos of Belicheck and Popovich with the press... those guys are in over their head too right?

Double standard much? I think all of the ladies here need to move on and cut their losses with Marrone. Maybe we should have a Syracusefan group cleansing ritual where we all burn our autographed photo's of Marrone in a flame of purification.
Does Doug have the same track record as those you mentioned?

marrone clearly cant handle the media in syracuse, rochester and buffalo, and yet people here thought hed be a good fit for the Giants.

okie doke...

Yup. A lot of people's feelings are STILL hurt Doug left. And they'll always be there to jump on him any chance they have. Get over it!

The Sabres had an end of the year press conference that just... devolved into spectacle. It was hilarious.

When Doug makes the hall of fame, wins a national title (or now a Super Bowl), and is near the top of the all time "wins" list for football coaches...then he can talk to the media anyway he wants. As a rookie NFL coach of a terrible team, he should keep his fat yap shut!

He doesn't "bully the media." Marrone's problem is that he cares too much about what he tells the media, and gets frustrated when he can't answer a question to the extent that the media wants him to answer it. He obviously needs to do a better job with this.

Does Doug have the same track record as those you mentioned?
That's irrelevant to OrangeFoo's point. People are saying Marrone is "in over his head" as an NFL football coach simply because he got frustrated with incessant media questions about the same topic he had already answered numerous times. The fact that those legends with great track records have a history of also getting frustrated with the media and lecture them on occasion is proof that the "in over his head" argument is BS.