Buffalo Sabres 2021-22 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Sabres 2021-22

I defended Eichel a lot but he crossed a line in his post game interview IMO. I think his ego got hurt cause he got boo'd a lot and realized more people hate him in Buffalo than he realizes. And I hate the Pegulas but Eichel isn't without blame for the Sabres troubless
And so he responded with a fairly funny quip. Folks don't get to boo and then also get butthurt if their volley is returned.

Got booed all night and took a L against a real bad team. Personally I thought it was a pretty funny chirp. People are just soft and trying to make it into something.
You gotta be the only fan of Buffalo sports who thinks Eichel’s postgame shot on the fanbase was just a clever chirp.

You gotta be the only fan of Buffalo sports who thinks Eichel’s postgame shot on the fanbase was just a clever chirp.
Honestly think its more of a non-story then anything. Just think people need something to get worked up over as a collective as we approach a decade of being terrible. If a player you just booed for 2.5 hours straight decides to poke back so be it. Have morons in the arena booing the video of him out in the community and doing visits to the children's hospitals. If you're booing that stuff then you deserve to take a shot because you're pretty pathetic.

Honestly think its more of a non-story then anything. Just think people need something to get worked up over as a collective as we approach a decade of being terrible. If a player you just booed for 2.5 hours straight decides to poke back so be it. Have morons in the arena booing the video of him out in the community and doing visits to the children's hospitals. If you're booing that stuff then you deserve to take a shot because you're pretty pathetic.
I agree the booing was over the top and that it was driven more by a decade of futility than Eichel specifically.

I view pro athletes taking shots at a fanbase like Ben Franklin’s famous quote…

“Never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel.”

Had Eichel cleverly directed his chirp toward the Pegulas he would’ve earned a lot of goodwill for future trips back to Buffalo.

For someone who talked a good game about moving on, he blew a golden opportunity to let it go.

Long time no post in this thread. The boys have been an absolute treat to watch these past 15-20 games. Tage is developing nicely into the #1 center we have needed. Skinner is on pace for 35 goals. Okposo playing like the Okposo of old. So many good things happening in Buffalo. Dahlin playing to his potential with a bit of a nasty streak too.The team just looks like they are having fun. Fully agree that Tuch needs to wear the C starting next season. It's no coincidence that they started playing much better when he came back.

Goaltending next season. Looks like Levi is heading back to Northeastern. Need to sign Portillo to his elc and let him get some quality time in Rochester. I would like to see UPL get 60ish% of the starts as it is time to see what Buffalo has in him. Sign a quality veteran goalie (younger than Anderson) to back up UPL or take over starter duties if UPL falls on his face. Perhaps a Holtby type keeper.

Hats off to Kevyn Adams who it appears has finally began to right the ship.

Al is a great kid.
Really hope they don’t fark it up and throw him an “A”

No offense to Okposo or Giergensons but Tuchy is more than an A.

Was hoping to add 1 more top 5 pick Forward to this current group but hard to be mad with them putting together a great 15 game stretch with all the young guys seeming to be developing and playing well. Floor on Power is so high, can't see any way that he's not all-star caliber barring injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom