Buh Bye Fab | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buh Bye Fab

well where exactly (give or take 5 spots) would you project this project in the 2012 draft?
i'll simply maintain he's not ready to jump.
To be completely honest, when all is said and done, and the season is over, I see him late lottery

well where exactly (give or take 5 spots) would you project this project in the 2012 draft?
i'll simply maintain he's not ready to jump.
Give or take 5? I say 16.

He did. He caught it in post-position about 20 feet from the rim; but he made the first step and was by his defender and had a clean look at the rim.
Yeah at first I wasn't sure that was him. He showed some things tonite that looked almost James Worthy like.

Give or take 5? I say 16.

This.

I mean, people, Daniel Orton averaged 13 minutes a game for Kentucky and got drafted in the 1st round (29th Overall).

7 foot centers are never ready for the NBA. Because they get paid. Who was the last 7 footer that got drafted that had an instant impact?

If your a 1st round pick, it is NEVER a bad decision to leave early. Everyone likes to cite guys improving their draft statuses, but everyone likes to forget about names like Chris Marcus, Chris Thomas, etc. who didn't declare when the iron was hot and then got derailed by injuries or poor play. The move to come back to college ends up costing those guys millions.

hey i don't begrudge any 1st rounder leaving early. all i'm saying is he's not ready.and he'll sit.a lot.

This.

I mean, people, Daniel Orton averaged 13 minutes a game for Kentucky and got drafted in the 1st round (29th Overall).

7 foot centers are never ready for the NBA. Because they get paid. Who was the last 7 footer that got drafted that had an instant impact?

If your a 1st round pick, it is NEVER a bad decision to leave early. Everyone likes to cite guys improving their draft statuses, but everyone likes to forget about names like Chris Marcus, Chris Thomas, etc. who didn't declare when the iron was hot and then got derailed by injuries or poor play. The move to come back to college ends up costing those guys millions.
Yup, and I always hate when people point to a guy like Paul Harris and say the rule about not jumping from highschool benefits these guys. That rule screwed him. He would have been looked at as all upside coming out of highschool. I'm not saying that he would have been a 1st rounder, but my guess is a team would have taken a flyer on him and given him a chance to at least grow up on their roster for a season.

Now Harris is going to tryouts to an NFL tightend. Yeah, that's looking bright.

Wonder how much staying in school will cost Ashton Gibbs? Overall though, it depends on the player and how he fits on the team that drafts him. Fab will probably go this year since he doesn't seen to like school work very much as has been said.

The other thing is that once these kids go to the NBA they can practice 24/7, unlike in college. I think that will benefit Fab a great deal.

I suspect he's gone after this year. Hopefully he leaves us with a nice memory.

If Anthony Davis dunked that ball that he dunked on the break from the Big East logo it would be the no1 play and ESPN would be showing it/ talking about it all week
I can't get over how much the announcing crew undersold that dunk. My first reaction was "HOLY ", but it barely registered with them. Did they not realize how far out he was when he took off, and that he jumped off of two feet?

The other thing is that once these kids go to the NBA they can practice 24/7, unlike in college. I think that will benefit Fab a great deal.
Exactly.

If Anthony Davis dunked that ball that he dunked on the break from the Big East logo it would be the no1 play and ESPN would be showing it/ talking about it all week

At that exact moment I thought to myself that he may have jumped 10 spots in the draft, that was unreal for college center.

“We got a lot of young players,” Boeheim said. “If we kept ‘em all, we’d probably be pretty good next year. But it’s not going to happen. That’s college basketball. It’s what it is.”

Fab has improved his game exponentially this year. I have noticed improvement, especially in his offensive game, even since he came back from suspension. I expect by the end of the NCAA's he will be a household name. I definitely think it would be a smart move for him to stay in college for another year, but he's gone...top 10 pick. Easily.

Is Fab hands down the most improved player in college basketball?

Is it possible that Fab gets picked before Sullinger does? Who would have thought that at this time last season?

Is it possible that Fab gets picked before Sullinger does? Who would have thought that at this time last season?
Very unlikely he gets picked before Sullinger.

At least we wont hear how cuse cant develop bigs, guy couldnt walk straight last year now look at em

At least we wont hear how cuse cant develop bigs, guy couldnt walk straight last year now look at em
I think his rapid development certainly hasn't been lost on a certain high school player with a high top fade.

I can't get over how much the announcing crew undersold that dunk. My first reaction was "HOLY ", but it barely registered with them. Did they not realize how far out he was when he took off, and that he jumped off of two feet?
Same here. It's almost like they missed it or something - especially Raff, because he would typically go crazy on that play.

Same here. It's almost like they missed it or something - especially Raff, because he would typically go crazy on that play.
I thought the same thing. McDonough, I think, tries to come off impartial about 'Cuse...so he undersold i,t but why didn't Raf go postal? Was shocked we didn't get a "send it in, big fella!"

Can't wait to see it again on ESPNU, I knew when he started sprinting up the court that he really wanted to throw it down.

It is more complex than simply will he be a first round pick. He likely will. He will likely make a decent chunk of change doing it. BUT...he will likely ride the pine for a few years and there is a chance that he fizzles. Look at how much the kid improved from his first to his second year. Imagine how much better he could be in his third year? He could end up being a top five pick. Now we are talking not only bigger money, but more pressure on the drafting team to give him a legit shot...and the more likey he gets drafted by a team that is bad and will actually play him.

which ties into my real point...THE SECOND CONTRACT.

that is where the real money is made in terms of generational money. I just dont see much risk in melo coming back. He isnt going to get worse and this isnt football where there is a high risk of injury.

It is more complex than simply will he be a first round pick. He likely will. He will likely make a decent chunk of change doing it. BUT...he will likely ride the pine for a few years and there is a chance that he fizzles. Look at how much the kid improved from his first to his second year. Imagine how much better he could be in his third year? He could end up being a top five pick. Now we are talking not only bigger money, but more pressure on the drafting team to give him a legit shot...and the more likey he gets drafted by a team that is bad and will actually play him.

which ties into my real point...THE SECOND CONTRACT.

that is where the real money is made in terms of generational money. I just dont see much risk in melo coming back. He isnt going to get worse and this isnt football where there is a high risk of injury.
He would be an absolute MONSTER if he comes back next year.

Fab has been great in almost every aspect.
And I've never seen a center draw charges the way he does.
But there is NO WAY he is even CLOSE to being strong enough to battle top NBA big men.
He could hit the weight room and make it up in the off season.
But if he does come back for one more and shows even more improvement...he could be the #1 pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom