bull | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

bull

owe as in free drinks...i like JackDs double...straight, neet, no ice, and waiting to lift a shot or two to '12-'13 season...it will be a dandy!

2 things. you're crap about calipari is nausiating. our coach has been sanctioned for muliple violations. was in charge when sat cheating was in vogue. was commander in chief when alleged molestations were commited. looked the other way with drug testing. has accademic issues and youre citing calipari. secondly many here have cited our great zone. we finished 341 out of 345 division one teams in rebounduing. considering we are a talented offensive rebounding team, that leaves defensive rebounding. that's the last line of defense

You are very good at naming your posts. :mad:

The nurse forgot to give someone his meds today.

This forum smells better without goose droppings.

I am still new to Syracuse message boards. Igor sounds like a real champ.

He's the house troll, along with Blue Curtain, (but Iggie is more fun). Neither posted muchthis season because we kept winning.

igor, several posters whom I respect have told me that you are actually pretty knowledgeable about basketball, but it is clear that you are so blinded by your hatred for JB and your fixation on the zone defense that you can't begin to judge SU teams fairly. You find the one negative stat, but fail to see that even with the weakness in defensive rebounding, Syracuse was nonetheless top 20 in defensive efficiency for the third consecutive season

the real problem with this team, all year long, was the offense and, specifically, the very ordinary half court offense. Once the Orange got into the back half of the season and faced more talented, better coached teams that had a chance to scout their tendencies, the easy transition buckets dried up. Even with the lack of turnovers, the defense was still good, but the offense struggled to score. I think it is a credit both to the players and to the coaches that they were able to fight through so many tough games and pull out so many wins.

Igor, Baby!
Missed ya pal. I was sick of this constant Boeheim lovefest. Somehow Blue Curtain just wasn't whiny enough to carry the negative argument. How 'bout that "vaunted" SU zone?

2 things. you're crap about calipari is nausiating. our coach has been sanctioned for muliple violations. was in charge when sat cheating was in vogue. was commander in chief when alleged molestations were commited. looked the other way with drug testing. has accademic issues and youre citing calipari. secondly many here have cited our great zone. we finished 341 out of 345 division one teams in rebounduing. considering we are a talented offensive rebounding team, that leaves defensive rebounding. that's the last line of defense

What exactly is sat cheating? Is that when a player is standing up when he is supposed to be sitting down? BTW you are the biggest piece of crap in the world, not one post during a regular season that had one loss. Why not admit you are not a fan and you have an agenda.

He's the house troll, along with Blue Curtain, (but Iggie is more fun). Neither posted muchthis season because we kept winning.
It's the Inverse Igor Theorem - the quality of a Syracuse team is best judged not by win/loss record or by any advanced metrics, but as a measure of the inverse of the number of Igor posts over the course of the season. This was the Infinity Season.

igor, several posters whom I respect have told me that you are actually pretty knowledgeable about basketball, but it is clear that you are so blinded by your hatred for JB and your fixation on the zone defense that you can't begin to judge SU teams fairly. You find the one negative stat, but fail to see that even with the weakness in defensive rebounding, Syracuse was nonetheless top 20 in defensive efficiency for the third consecutive season

the real problem with this team, all year long, was the offense and, specifically, the very ordinary half court offense. Once the Orange got into the back half of the season and faced more talented, better coached teams that had a chance to scout their tendencies, the easy transition buckets dried up. Even with the lack of turnovers, the defense was still good, but the offense struggled to score. I think it is a credit both to the players and to the coaches that they were able to fight through so many tough games and pull out so many wins.

Spot on. In fact, it is pretty miraculous that we were able to compile the record we did having no discernible inside game to balance the offense, average outside shooting, and poor rebounding. Credit to our kids for playing hard and overcoming those limitations in a big way.

Absolutely. We really peaked offensively at Providence and aside from a half here or a half there the offense was pretty stagnant the last half to third of the season. The fact that we made one perimeter shot at Louisville and still won the game is truly amazing.

Gosh, what took you so long to get back? You'll find a lot of kindred souls here, so you should be comfortable. Frankly though, I was expecting a better effort from you off the layoff. Your time may have passed. Oh Lord
I, too, expected more. Igor came in a little weak, and frankly, stale.

Is it possible the pupil may have passed the master?

Bluecurtain has shown some creativity. Remember when BC credited SU's good showing in MSG to the court dimensions - that was an angle you don't see expressed that often. And what about the last BC classic where JB senses the crowd feel and then takes out the player based on the anticipated reaction (accentuated at home for dramatic affect). That's fresh. He took his masters classic Boeheimian rant and made it his own.

Igor, if you haven't had a chance, I would suggest you pull up those old threads. Not only would swell up with pride but it could help rejuvenate your own spiel to your Ethan Cole-like glory days. There is a whole new generation who hasn't been exposed, you and BRNIEFINEFRVR should really get to know each other.

Spot on. In fact, it is pretty miraculous that we were able to compile the record we did having no discernible inside game to balance the offense, average outside shooting, and poor rebounding. Credit to our kids for playing hard and overcoming those limitations in a big way.
Not only that but with all the close games this team won you would think they had extremely high BBall IQ and a deadly, cluth free throw shooter. I'm not sure I saw that.

Igor, didn't you brag about being good friends with bernie? Seriously.

the real problem with this team, all year long, was the offense and, specifically, the very ordinary half court offense.

That's a problem 8 out of every 10 years (02-03, 09-10 being the exceptions)... which is more akin to a chronic ulcer that occasionally goes into remission.

Your reply template is provided free of charge:

BC, you're the chronic ulcer that won't go into remission.

Feel free to edit.

I, too, expected more. Igor came in a little weak, and frankly, stale.

Is it possible the pupil may have passed the master?

Bluecurtain has shown some creativity. Remember when BC credited SU's good showing in MSG to the court dimensions - that was an angle you don't see expressed that often. And what about the last BC classic where JB senses the crowd feel and then takes out the player based on the anticipated reaction (accentuated at home for dramatic affect). That's fresh. He took his masters classic Boeheimian rant and made it his own.

Igor, if you haven't had a chance, I would suggest you pull up those old threads. Not only would swell up with pride but it could help rejuvenate your own spiel to your Ethan Cole-like glory days. There is a whole new generation who hasn't been exposed, you and BRNIEFINEFRVR should really get to know each other.

Great post. BlueCurtain is all too often dismissed as an Igor clone, and that's really unfair. BC brings that element of insane brilliance that Igor has never approached. To be honest, when Igor is posting regularly and at the top of his game, BlueCurtain sort of gets Boeheimed.

Sarge, I like your suggestion that Igor revisit his old posts in an attempt to find his mojo, but it may not be enough. The sustained excellence of the program on the court and in recruiting may be too much for him to overcome. But as you suggest, he could still play a valuable role as a mentor to some of the newer posters.

The sustained excellence of the program on the court

I'm not trying to quibble with you here, I'm seriously not. In fact, I am trying to find an answer because I am not sure I know exactly what I believe "success" is anymore. To me, it used to be winning the Big East and winning the BET. But over the years, I'm starting to (read: starting to) be worn down by the "regular season and conf t's don't matter anymore" crowd. I don't really believe that, but I have sensed in myself an increased emphasis on tournament performance (in comparison to the reg season and BET).

What or how do you define "sustained excellence?"

44cuse

The fact that we made one perimeter shot at Louisville and still won the game is truly amazing.

Amazing is an understatement. Miraculous is the right word.

Oh yeah. And a pretty damn good defense.

44cuse

I won't quibble with your opinions (although I would call into question some of your assertions)... but please don't use "our", "we" or any similar qualifiers. No matter what you claim, you are not a fan of the Syracuse basketball program - this much is clear based on your history, going all the way back to when you were "Goose" on the AOL board. You are not one of the program insiders who would have knowledge (although we do have a few on this board) of what really transpired in relation to any of the issues you've highlighted in your latest ani-JB missive.

One of the more enjoyable aspects of this season was your absence from these boards - funny how such a great season shut you up. No compliments for the team or the staff. You just bided your time until it was over and had the chance to attack JB. Inane. Monotonous. Ultimately irrelevant.

Please stay off the internets.
Great post but you forgot to add predictable on your wonderfully accurate list at the end of the post.
I too agree that part of the beauty of this season was not having any igor or Bluecurtain inspired threads. Winning truly does cure all ills.

I'm not trying to quibble with you here, I'm seriously not. In fact, I am trying to find an answer because I am not sure I know exactly what I believe "success" is anymore. To me, it used to be winning the Big East and winning the BET. But over the years, I'm starting to (read: starting to) be worn down by the "regular season and conf t's don't matter anymore" crowd. I don't really believe that, but I have sensed in myself an increased emphasis on tournament performance (in comparison to the reg season and BET).

What or how do you define "sustained excellence?"

44cuse

I would define "sustained excellence" as consistently high regular season finishes (top 4 or 5) in an excellent (yet bloated) conference, and regular appearances in the NCAAT, with consistent runs to the Sweet 16 and occasional runs beyond that. More than almost any other program I can think of, what Boeheim has done at SU during his tenure would seem to define "sustained excellence" on the court. While there have been a few "down" years, we have not seen any truly horrible seasons under Boeheim. Even the iconic college basketball programs of the last 40 years cannot say that.

This is pretty obvious, but why don't we all not respond to the post(er)s we don't like? It's a common behavioral technique and it works with rats. It's called "extinguishing the behavior."

That is funny to me.

This is pretty obvious, but why don't we all not respond to the post(er)s we don't like? It's a common behavioral technique and it works with rats. It's called "extinguishing the behavior."
That's a valid point. However, had you been here for years you would understand the reaction.

I would define "sustained excellence" as consistently high regular season finishes (top 4 or 5) in an excellent (yet bloated) conference, and regular appearances in the NCAAT, with consistent runs to the Sweet 16 and occasional runs beyond that. More than almost any other program I can think of, what Boeheim has done at SU during his tenure would seem to define "sustained excellence" on the court. While there have been a few "down" years, we have not seen any truly horrible seasons under Boeheim. Even the iconic college basketball programs of the last 40 years cannot say that.

Yep. Thanks for the response. I definitely agree with that in the macro view. Taken as a whole, it's unquestionably a success. That still leaves one open in the bar discussion of recent results in the tournament.

Can't get my head around how to think about it. Is the Sweet 16 a success when you are arguably at the top of your recruiting? Is there legitimate criticism of our postseason performance? Should we weight BE Conf finishes more important NCAA Tourney finishes? I'm still inclined to say yes, but is that the norm or the minority?

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom