BUMMER>>>>> | Syracusefan.com

BUMMER>>>>>

Goin' Deep

Starter
We hoped/thought things would change. Yet they seemingly remain the same.
Cuse got its last verbal commitment on 4/9. Since then in the ACC, 13 schools
have received 62 commitments...almost 5 per school on average.
Cuse has seen its class ranking go from the mid 40s to the mid 60s.
Can Cuse make up for lost time?

No. It's over.

I agree with you here for it seems to me recruits are concerned with Dino’s employment status if team doesn’t go to a bowl game this season.

Please Lord, keep me from saying something ugly.

Many of the commits that you are seeing are happening now, in June. Why? Because July is a Dead Period so kids are takings OVs and committing in June. Probably why SU has at least 11 prospects, two that have already committed, coming for Official Visits over the next two weekends. And maybe y'all should pay more attention to when SU normally gets a number of commitments, June, July and August.

We have had the best off-season I can remember in a long time, between coaches, transfers, and kids coming back.

Yet you want to beat the drum of how bad it is?

I think you belong on the basketball board - and I will join you there.

Oh FFS

Concerns are fair. It can go both ways, things this off-season have been better than we possibly expected. We can also be a little nervous about the slow start to recruiting as recruiting is the life blood of the program.

office-space-the-case-of-the-mondays.gif

I’d rather that the staff take their time and get quality players versus just taking commitments. Staff could have extended a number of offers at their camp and received commitments. Instead they were very selective. It’s early June. I’ll start getting concerned around December.

Keep in mind that with the extra year granted to every player who was here in 2020 recruiting classes will be very small through 2024. I believe there are only eight players currently on the roster who will exhaust their eligibility in the fall plus one open spot that just opened up with Matthew's transfer. With three commitments we currently have only 6 open scho;arships for 2023.
Granted there will be some attrition, but how much and at what positions is unknown and the transfer portal is another channel to fill open slots. Not going to worry too much about our numbers vs. the rest of the conference right now.

CL...you can say something ugly...no problem.
CUSE is 73-110 the last 15 years. Orange fans can take ugly.

So far as paying attention as to when CUSE normally gets commitments...
Why? cuz it has worked so well in the past? How many recruiting classes have
we had in the past 20 years in the top 50? I think Scott Shafer had one. But many
in that class couldn't show up for various reasons. In reality, it wasn't a top 50 class.

It's like we have to hit an inside straight to be low middle of the pack with other ACC schools.

I'm not sure how many ships we can give out this year, but the off season was a home run. Only miss was on the DL. I think that things are looking up. The staff on paper is the best we have had since P was coaching and we seem to be getting a ton of quality kids interested in the program. The effort in NJ is impressive and we are focused on our core area for the first time since Dino got here. I think we end up with a solid class.

Why do we have to have this convoy every month? We have like 10 guys visiting the next 2 weeks, I get the ancy ness because other schools are getting commitments but we've always had mass commitments during the 2nd-3rd week of June. Mike McAllister has said that we are only gonna have 15ish recruits this year because of the covid Soph and Juniors we have on roster.

we had in the past 20 years in the top 50? I think Scott Shafer had one. But many
in that class couldn't show up for various reasons. In reality, it wasn't a top 50 class.

It's like we have to hit an inside straight to be low middle of the pack with other ACC schools.
If you're that down on the team, why bother following?

We are all frustrated of the losing seasons and being in the bottom of recruiting rankings but taking it out on the lack of commitments in June makes no sense. We are all aware of the position SU is in. Babers could be fired soon. Why is your expectation so high for a struggling P5 program? There are OV's the next couple weekends. Taking a bunch of commitments from guys with akron and Umass offers would have made you feel better?

It's really not a slow start. It's about normal.
Last year we had 9 commits at this time. Year before we had 10. It is about where we were in 2019 though. Not the end of the world on June 13th but it's more than fair as a talking point on a Syracuse football message board. Seems the people offended by such a question prefer crickets on the recruiting boards like it is the majority of the time.

I was expecting this post. Just wasn't sure who would post it, but I knew it would be soon.

I'd be concerned if the signing period had been moved up to July, but last time I checked, the early signing day is still almost half a year away.

The OP isnt necessarily wrong
I am however aware of the uphill climb that the staff and program face

One point of concern in recruiting is what Louisville is doing, top 10 according to 247 with Steve Clarksons son at QB and getting an OV for Ruben Owens

Dont need them rising with Clemson and FSU trying to get back to their old levels all within the division

I’d rather that the staff take their time and get quality players versus just taking commitments. Staff could have extended a number of offers at their camp and received commitments. Instead they were very selective. It’s early June. I’ll start getting concerned around December.
December is the early signing period. If you are going to get concerned, I'd probably start prior to the point where the high majority of kids go off the table.

If you're that down on the team, why bother following?

Have you ever followed a game thread? You could apply that question to 90% of this board during a thread when we're losing.

I think we're doing relatively well this offseason. Relative to how we've done in the past, but against the ACC, it's still mid-to-bottom tier unfortunately. I expect the momentum to continue and I honestly believe we go bowling this year, but I don't begrudge folks that want to see better results on and off the field.

Last year we had 9 commits at this time. Year before we had 10. It is about where we were in 2019 though. Not the end of the world on June 13th but it's more than fair as a talking point on a Syracuse football message board. Seems the people offended by such a question prefer crickets on the recruiting boards like it is the majority of the time.
I try to educate people with the process and learn a thing or two myself. No offense taken. We all know where SU is at. It means nothing to not have 10 commitments in early June. Each cycle is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom