Buss with an epic brick | Syracusefan.com

Buss with an epic brick

Really one of the worst shots of 2014.

It looks pretty good - till it cracked the backboard. :noidea:

He does play some good defense though.

I'm just surprised by how much he and BJ miss by...they throw up some serious bricks for "shooters."

That being said, they're both being more patient and composed on offense - that's progress.

Buss vs BJ in a game of brick...who ya got. Good grief.

Joseph passed up his jumper, passed it up to run the offense today, buss can do the same.

I would like to see Buss come in and out for 2 minutes stretches full on sprint 2-3 times in the first half and atleast once in the second, if he makes a difference maybe twice. I know that sounds odd and unlike our style but JB finally has a player who he can really use like that in acc play. Hands up aggressive and put alittle shark in our defense. Hes best with his hands up, and aggressive feet for 2 minute stretches anything more then three he loses a slight step on his aggressive D his hands get tired of being up, and isn't is helpful.
It would give opponents something to worry about.

Last edited:
Madbiker said:
Buss vs BJ in a game of brick...who ya got. Good grief.

I would honestly take Elvir Ovcina from three than these two. I'm not kidding. :(

I would honestly take Elvir Ovcina from three than these two. I'm not kidding. :(
BJ's shot doesn't look half bad...Buss just throws lasers though, he never looks close.

jdubs30 said:
BJ's shot doesn't look half bad...Buss just throws lasers though, he never looks close.

BJs do look good but he's way way way way off too.

You let offensive players settle in by keeping them in the game for 5 minutes. defensive players more often can be used better then offensive ones for short 2-3 minute stretches, presses, and quick mismatch set pieces to get a easy bucket.

maybe, Buss should work on his shooting more then his d in practice.

Last edited:
eh I think the team would benefit from a couple mins of Buss energy (while providing rest for Cooney/Joseph) per half

I agree. I'd like to see Buss to provide rest and I think he does play solid D but my confidence in his outside shooting is pretty much gone. Being streaky is one thing but I'd like to see a streak in the other direction by this point.

He needs to learn that offense does not consist of only shooting a 3, or bounce passes at the feet of big men.