Buss with an epic brick | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buss with an epic brick

I think we all see that he does things that can help this team. But if he's going to shoot as much as he does, the got to find the basket more than he does. Maybe he should take a cue for Cooney and put the ball on the floor more.
He took 3 shots in 15 minutes and only shot once in the first half. He was patient on offense and looked to pass. Seemed pretty settled down to me. He did put the ball on the floor but looked to pass when he did. If you are expecting him to come in and be an offensive minded person then yea I can see why people think he's not good. He seems willing to do the small things and hustle. He looks like he's content with playing smart and pass to those who are expected to score the last two games.

I also like the 7 man rotation that has emerged going into conference play. Buss coming in and hustling and playing d for like 8-15 minutes a game and roberson getting between 15-20 minutes. This team is definitely going in the right direction.

I will say this I think Joseph especially on offense is improving a lot. He's being more patient and can score in transition and hit the mid range. I hope his positioning in the zone starts to get better cause he's a good enough athlete to be a good defender. What I really don't like is that he can't bring the ball up against token man to man full court defense. Having our two guard or small forward do it every time isn't that great. He should be confident enough to do that against Cornell and the other mid majors without a problem and the coach shouldnt have to take him off of that.

Good compared to Buss and BJ, but 24% for his career I wouldn't call it good.
Elvir was the classic case of a 2-guard trapped in a big man's body.
Or at least he seemed to think he was.
He also set the NCAA record for traveling...when he hitchiked to West Virginia (or someplace) to visit a friend while the Orange had a game with G-town.
One of my favorite players ever.

He spent an extra year prepping in New England and was originally recruited by IU. Even though he didn't play much last year, it is disappointing that he can't contribute much in the shooting department. BJ looks like he is close to getting it but will it be this year? I hope so….

I thought I heard that Buss was making threes in practice, which would mean he just has "Cooney's Disease," and that means it's curable. I hope Buss continues to get PT and keeps making passes to open players. In turn, when he's set up with an open three, I hope he keeps shooting until he can get over the confidence hump. Not saying he should be a gunslinger, just take good shots he can step into. If this transpires, it'll play dividends on many levels come tournament time.-VBOF

VaBeachOrFan said:
I thought I heard that Buss was making threes in practice, which would mean he just has "Cooney's Disease," and that means it's curable. I hope Buss continues to get PT and keeps making passes to open players. In turn, when he's set up with an open three, I hope he keeps shooting until he can get over the confidence hump. Not saying he should be a gunslinger, just take good shots he can step into. If this transpires, it'll play dividends on many levels come tournament time.-VBOF

Only thing I've heard is JB say he'll be on two days making them like crazy then not be able to hit the ocean the rest of the week.

when it comes to offense, Buss is a poor man's Mookie

AlaskaSU said:
when it comes to offense, Buss is a poor man's Mookie

No, Mookie was a 40% career 3pt shooter. That's not poor man, that's broke man or not comparable man.