Buzz Shaw was right: "Get a life" | Syracusefan.com

Buzz Shaw was right: "Get a life"

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Below is the Buzz Shaw "Get a Life" article. I think this really hits home now more than ever. I've said this forever that Syracuse basketball fans are very spoiled and the first bad season, either with JAB or with his successor, people seriously won't know how to react.

I laugh when people talk about Boeheim being a "lousy" coach. Do you really think he has been successful all these years by just rolling the ball out in practice. Do you really think he has "forgotten" how to coach.

I laugh when people talk negatively about certain players. We are talking about 18-22 year old college kids. Do you really think they like to lose. Don't you think they are super competitive and it tears them apart when they shoot 2-10. Don't you think they are in the gym working harder to get better. If you don't then you are not listening to what the coaches are saying.

People need to relax. So a team with some pretty good shooters shot 56% from the outside against us. They made more FT's then we did. Were they really a better team. Maybe, maybe not. However, they scored when they needed to and we didn't.

Life goes on for these kids. They have another game coming up against another decent team that they need to prepare for. They also need to prepare for their finals as well. Some probably spent some time today working on their studies and I am sure some spent time working on their shooting to hopefully get better. Some might have even watched a little football or basketball to relax. So people let's listen to what Buzz had to say 15 years ago and move on. I know it's going to be rough having a full week until the next game but hopefully people can show some optimism in the meantime and pull out some positives from this season so far.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...1_syracuse-players-crouthamel-paul-pasqualoni

Shaw said fans who think Pasqualoni should be fired need to "get a life."

"Look at your own personal life," Shaw said. "You go to work. Some days, you really achieve at a level you're capable. Some days, it's like having a career day and some days you might as well have stayed at home. All of a sudden, you look at the football team and they're never supposed to have one of those days? Let's join the human race and get a life."

Regarding the JB can't/doesn't coach...

Coach K, we can probably all agree, is a fantastic coach, whether you like him or not. Do people think he'd make JB his right hand man on the Olympic squads if he couldn't actually coach? Do people think Gregg Popavich would bring JB down to San Antonio to teach the Spurs how to play the zone if he couldn't coach?

It seems that the best coaches in the world have a lot more respect for Jimmy B than a lot of the people who try to coach from the stands.

jekelish said:
Regarding the JB can't/doesn't coach... Coach K, we can probably all agree, is a fantastic coach, whether you like him or not. Do people think he'd make JB his right hand man on the Olympic squads if he couldn't actually coach? Do people think Gregg Popavich would bring JB down to San Antonio to teach the Spurs how to play the zone if he couldn't coach? It seems that the best coaches in the world have a lot more respect for Jimmy B than a lot of the people who try to coach from the stands.

Yea, when these things happen and get mentioned, people talk about our HOF coach. When we win a lot of games, he's our HOF coach. When we beat a Duke, he's our HOF coach. When we win the BE tournament, he's our HOF coach. When we lose more than people like or play like crap, he's all of a sudden a bad coach that doesn't know who to play, who to play how much, who to recruit or what defense to play.

Yea, when these things happen and get mentioned, people talk about our HOF coach. When we win a lot of games, he's our HOF coach. When we beat a Duke, he's our HOF coach. When we win the BE tournament, he's our HOF coach. When we lose more than people like or play like crap, he's all of a sudden a bad coach that doesn't know who to play, who to play how much, who to recruit or what defense to play.
jb does his best coaching with lesser talent---always has. i expect a 10 loss season, but i also expect that jb will coach very well this year--despite the outcome. remember janilus,cippolla et al? jb's best coached team ever

He also can't get off the bench and make shots for the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom