Buzz Williams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buzz Williams

You $%^^&** idiot. Yuo r the head coach, not a player, you do not dance after a win buzz on the opposing teams court. You lead by example, no wonder why your team plays dirty. That was pathetic. To top it off, you make a joke about it in the interview.

Bingo. I have to suspend my players all the time for being immature idiots - wait, I'm an immature idiot. Wait, do I suspend myself now?

He enjoys messing with the opposing teams fans. Not that they didn't deserve it (I can imagine what they were saying) but a bunch went around twitter that he stopped after the UConn game to yell into the student section.

The difference is they're kids - and fans. We expect them to be idiots.

It's like when Dirty pulled that nonsense on St. Johns where he went for the steal with 2 seconds left. You just don't do those things - especially on another team's court. No reason to be douche.

totally disrespectful; will never dance with the stars...and his monologue about keeping the kids straight so they will be good fathers..ha...surprised he still has balls tomorrow morning...that being said, I hope we do not play Marquette again this year and definitely not in NCAAs

That whole exchange made me want to puke.

WVU is hard to not like. You don't do that on their home court after your thugs stole a game

I think it's being made into far more of a big deal than it needs to be. Yeah, it's a cocky move, but at the end of the day isn't the saying "If you don't want me to celebrate, don't let me win?"

And I wouldn't compare this to James going for the steal at St Johns...James, while the game was still going, decided to attempt something that very easily could look like running up the score, or whatever similar phrase you'd like to use. Buzz, in an arrogant way, celebrated a victory once it had been achieved. Do people complain when a road team douses their coach in Gatorade? Overblown.

I think it's being made into far more of a big deal than it needs to be. Yeah, it's a cocky move, but at the end of the day isn't the saying "If you don't want me to celebrate, don't let me win?"

And I wouldn't compare this to James going for the steal at St Johns...James, while the game was still going, decided to attempt something that very easily could look like running up the score, or whatever similar phrase you'd like to use. Buzz, in an arrogant way, celebrated a victory once it had been achieved. Do people complain when a road team douses their coach in Gatorade? Overblown.
Its still a BS move when you are the coach doing that. Taunting is not allowed in most sports anymore including in BB. Dousing your own coach is not rubbing it in to the home team as this was. It was immature and classless his AD should at the least have him issue an apology for embarrassing his school.

Its still a BS move when you are the coach doing that. Taunting is not allowed in most sports anymore including in BB. Dousing your own coach is not rubbing it in to the home team as this was. It was immature and classless his AD should at the least have him issue an apology for embarrassing his school.
OH come on people we are talking about West Virginia a bunch of people whose idea of fun is burning couches, I have never met a WV fan who was not a douche. The only thing that could have made that funnier was if he put his arms out like a plane and crashed into the basket stanchion and mimed an explosion while the song was playing.

I understand when guys are balding that they shave their head. I will probably do the same when it comes to it.

But when a guy shaves his head when he has a full head of hair, that tells me he is trying to be something that he is not.

"You want to know what else pisses me off. Guys who aren't bald who shave their head. If you want to be bald, do what I did...WAIT AWHILE!". - the late George Carlin

Buzz Williams = Randy Edsall pseudo tough disciplinarians who are all about themselves. Randy is a 1st ballot HOF douche and Buzz is getting there REAL fast. The guy acts like a clown and acts with no class. I am glad to be leaving this conference and not deal with these programs. The guy is taunting the road fans and actually thinks he is funny with his response to Raftery's questions. I like Raftery, but he didn't have the guts to call him on his behavior Raft is a good analyst, but is buddy-buddy and angered me with his softball questions.

Are not people still pissing and moaning about Diggers' dance, same deal.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Have a problem with Buzz celebrating?

Simple solution.

Win.

Have a problem with Buzz celebrating?

Simple solution.

Win.
That was not a typical celebration that falls into the "just win" category. Players mouthing off to the student section / jumping on scorers tables is one thing but a coach being a like that is a bit much. That would be like Jamie Dixon dancing on the "S" during our alma mater.

That was not a typical celebration that falls into the "just win" category. Players mouthing off to the student section / jumping on scorers tables is one thing but a coach being a like that is a bit much. That would be like Jamie Dixon dancing on the "S" during our alma mater.
Winning solves everything. If WVU won he wouldn't have done that, period.

A guy who is that emotionally invested in the game is going to celebrate once it's over. They've won 13 Big East games without a legitimate player who is over 6'6"; I'd celebrate like that too.

Winning solves everything. If WVU won he wouldn't have done that, period.

A guy who is that emotionally invested in the game is going to celebrate once it's over. They've won 13 Big East games without a legitimate player who is over 6'6"; I'd celebrate like that too.
Nothing wrong with being excited after a hard fought win, but there is no reason to be a dick about it. Get excited when it happens. Don't wait until well after the fact, after you have had time to celebrate and shake hands, and do a jig at half court. I'm not going to lose sleep over this but I can see where the uproar is coming from and agree he showed poor sportsmanship.

Nothing wrong with being excited after a hard fought win, but there is no reason to be a dick about it. Get excited when it happens. Don't wait until well after the fact, after you have had time to celebrate and shake hands, and do a jig at half court. I'm not going to lose sleep over this but I can see where the uproar is coming from and agree he showed poor sportsmanship.

You're so dead on here. Digger's infamous Dome dance was seconds afterwards (and hitting an improbable shot to win it from behind) where emotions were still sky high, Curly had minutes go by and still orchestrated very poor judgement and taste. Big difference in my opinion.

You guys are missing the boat. College athletics needs douches. Did your pulse respond to Michael Barrow and Jessie Armstead when they taunted fans in the Carrier Dome? Did your adrenaline get flowing when Michael Graham threw that haymaker? In an age of political correctness taken to the extreme, where Orangemen is a sexist slur and officials go to the booth any time an opposing player tickles with his elbow... you all should be glad there are still some people out there who provide a pulse and a little theatricality for the sport. If there are no players or coaches left to hate, where's the fun?

You guys are missing the boat. College athletics needs douches. Did your pulse respond to Michael Barrow and Jessie Armstead when they taunted fans in the Carrier Dome? Did your adrenaline get flowing when Michael Graham threw that haymaker? In an age of political correctness taken to the extreme, where Orangemen is a sexist slur and officials go to the booth any time an opposing player tickles with his elbow... you all should be glad there are still some people out there who provide a pulse and a little theatricality for the sport. If there are no players or coaches left to hate, where's the fun?

It's different for immature college kids to act like kids/douches, but not grown men, especially men who preach about character and standing and how to be better humans, future fathers and husbands. Very hypocritical.

Al McGuire/Fran Fraschilla/Digger Phelps School of Danceing :eek:

"You want to know what else pisses me off. Guys who aren't bald who shave their head. If you want to be bald, do what I did...WAIT AWHILE!". - the late George Carlin
Thats right, damn it. I waited and it didn't take very long either...

I am in the Buzz has become a camp as well, but - being of an advanced enough age - I also remember that this very type of thing is what made the BE great - i.e. Louie, Rollie, JT2...yeah it's stupid, but it gets your blood flowing and adds fuel to the fires

C'mon guys, this is college sports. It's competitive, it's fun, it brings out emotion. As a 18-22 year old playing D1 basketball you'd love nothing more than to see your coach do something like that. It shows he's confident, cocky and knows how good his team is.

I wasn't a big Devendorf fan (as a player), but I loved when he got cocky on the floor. I have NO problem with letting the other team know you're better than them, coach or player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom