Buzz Williams | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buzz Williams

C'mon guys, this is college sports. It's competitive, it's fun, it brings out emotion. As a 18-22 year old playing D1 basketball you'd love nothing more than to see your coach do something like that. It shows he's confident, cocky and knows how good his team is.

I wasn't a big Devendorf fan (as a player), but I loved when he got cocky on the floor. I have NO problem with letting the other team know you're better than them, coach or player.

I presume you're in the aforementioned demographic, therefore, share such perspective. With all due respect, with age, generally comes wisdom. :)

It was extremely poor judgement on Buzz's behalf, he knew better, especially as HEAD coach, but did it anyway for his short term gratification...then immediately & conveniently switched to full damage control mode afterwards.

Would've been ideal if the refs T'd him up and brought a WVU player back out to shoot 2.

I know, I know... it's not possible BUT could you imagine the look on Buzz's face if they did that?

I hope those teams meet in the BET... the refs can start the game by immediately T'ing up Williams

I wasn't a big Devendorf fan (as a player), but I loved when he got cocky on the floor. I have NO problem with letting the other team know you're better than them, coach or player.

As a head coach he has to hold himself to higher standard than that. Could you picture Calhoun, JB, or Coach K doing such a thing? No, because they get it...hell Coach K apologized to Roy because he merely jumped out his seat immediately after Rivers' shot.

I would have liked to see him try that stunt with Huggins still out there...Huggy Bear would have popped him in the nose.

Its still a BS move when you are the coach doing that. Taunting is not allowed in most sports anymore including in BB. Dousing your own coach is not rubbing it in to the home team as this was. It was immature and classless his AD should at the least have him issue an apology for embarrassing his school.

It wasn't a taunt. If he had danced to Single Ladies by Beyonce would we be having this conversation? It's not about how arrogant Buzz is, it's not about any of that. It's about the fact that WV fans are treating a John Denver song as if it's their Alma Mater.

As a head coach he has to hold himself to higher standard than that. Could you picture Calhoun, JB, or Coach K doing such a thing? No, because they get it...hell Coach K apologized to Roy because he merely jumped out his seat immediately after Rivers' shot.

I would have liked to see him try that stunt with Huggins still out there...Huggy Bear would have popped him in the nose.
Times have changed dude. Coach K, JB, Calhoun, Roy Williams are all old school.

Remember how Shaka acted last year during VCU's run?
Remember seeing the video of Stevens chest bumping his players in the locker room after beating Pitt?

I know it wasn't to the extent of what Buzz did; but the younger coaches are more emotional and don't act like "traditional" ones. I think it's a refreshing change.

Personally, I think Buzz Williams could give a what any fans except Marquette thinks, as long as he keeps recruiting and winning it doesn't matter.

The guy is an up and coming coach. Will be in demand for a job at a big name school so he is padding his resume. Hard to believe there are schools out there that would love to have a coach that rubs salt in the wounds given the opportunity.

Remember seeing the video of Stevens chest bumping his players in the locker room after beating Pitt?

Big difference between celebrating with your players in your locker room, and dancing alone on the logo of your opponents court.

It's not an old-school vs. new-school thing either; it's about not being an a-hole. I can't imagine Billy Donovan, Jay Wright, or JT3 doing that either...I can guarantee you if Mizzou wins, you won't see Frank Haith break-dancing on the Jayhawk at the Phog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom