1998 -- Blackwell vs. St. Johns (BET)
1993 -- McRae vs. Nova
1984 -- Pearl vs. BC

Against us:
2008 -- Cleveland State
1990 -- Notre dame
1988 -- Georgetown
1987 -- Georgetown

There has to be more. What am I missing? (if there was 0.1 seconds on the clock after the shot, it's not a buzzer beater.)

Last edited:
Pearl's half court shot is the only one I missed in my OP so far. The rest, while all legendary moments, had time left.

Walk-off buzzer beaters to win games...

By us:

2017 -- Battle vs. Clemson
2014 -- Ennis vs. Pitt
2004 -- "Gerry Mac drops one on Gtown"
1998 -- Blackwell vs. St. Johns (BET)
1993 -- McRae vs. Nova
Edit: 1984 -- Pearl vs. BC

Against us:
2008 Cleveland State
1988 Georgetown

There has to be more. What am I missing? (if there was 0.1 seconds on the clock after the shot, it's not a buzzer beater.)

The most UNlikely of which was Conrad's impersonation of Christian Laettner. He wasn't a very good shooter but was good enough when we needed it. RIP Conrad.

Pearl's half court shot is the only one I missed in my OP so far. The rest, while all legendary moments, had time left.

No, you left out the Wallace buzzer beater over Georgia in the 1996 NCAA tournament. The Cipolla shot sent it to OT, but Wallace won it at the buzzer taking the ball coast to coast for a running three.

I recall a buzzer beater to beat us back in the 80's at the Capital Centre vs Georgetown.

No, you left out the Wallace buzzer beater over Georgia in the 1996 NCAA tournament. The Cipolla shot sent it to OT, but Wallace won it at the buzzer taking the ball coast to coast for a running three.

Come on, buddy. tbonezone posted the video just above. There were 2.8 seconds left after Wallace's shot. Georgia got a shot off on the other end.

That wasn't a buzzer beater. Georgia actually took the ball down court and got a shot off of their own (not sure their shot was before or after the buzzer). Nonetheless, Wallace's wasn't a buzzer beater as time was still on the clock. But definitely my favorite SU play of all time!