C Chinonso Obokoh | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

C Chinonso Obokoh

Boxscore scouting is never a good thing to do but I won't argue with you since you know all. Anyway having seen 2 of his eybl games. The guards on his team were pretty much out of control and he was never a focal point of the offense. His job was mainly to play D and hold down the middle of their zone, which they played mostly in. He did a terrific job doing so and his impact was much better than what the boxscores showed. C'mon are we really going to judge players based off of aau box scores now. BeeJay Anya only avg 7ppg in his last 2 eybl events and he's considered a 5 star but I guess he sucks in your opinion as well.

Everybody is free to have their opinion about recruits but since coming on here, you've hijacked threads making it seem like the SU coaching staff doesn't know how to recruit. Plus it seems like you're not trying to hear anybody else's opinion but yourself.

Boxscore scouting is never a good thing to do but I won't argue with you since you know all. Anyway having seen 2 of his eybl games. The guards on his team were pretty much out of control and he was never a focal point of the offense. His job was mainly to play D and hold down the middle of their zone, which they played mostly in. He did a terrific job doing so and his impact was much better than what the boxscores showed. C'mon are really going to judge players based off of aau box scores now. BeeJay Anya only avg 7ppg in his last 2 eybl events and he's considered a 5 star but I guess he sucks in your opinion as well.

Everybody is free to have their opinion about recruits but since coming on here, you've hijacked threads making it seem like the SU coaching staff doesn't know how to recruit. Plus it seems like you're not trying to hear anybody else's opinion but yourself.

but beejay's production was much higher, even though his stats weren't so good.

i just don't think chino would play at SU. that's all. no biggie. no need to try to analyze my interior.

ps - i understand the game of basketball. i enjoy discussing and debating. i honor everyone's opinion, but this board likes to attack rather than respond.

Boxscore scouting is never a good thing to do but I won't argue with you since you know all. Anyway having seen 2 of his eybl games. The guards on his team were pretty much out of control and he was never a focal point of the offense. His job was mainly to play D and hold down the middle of their zone, which they played mostly in. He did a terrific job doing so and his impact was much better than what the boxscores showed. C'mon are really going to judge players based off of aau box scores now. BeeJay Anya only avg 7ppg in his last 2 eybl events and he's considered a 5 star but I guess he sucks in your opinion as well.

SU fans attacking their own...sad.

Uh no. The board's resident recruiting expert thrashing your awful post is actually what happened.

i'm strictly talking hoops. not once did i mention any of you. nor will i ever spit any attacks.

get it simple. talk hoops.

In Senegal people speak french. In Nigeria many different languages are spoken, though English is the "official" language. Senegal and Nigeria are far away from each other. I don't think Baye will be a huge trump card in recruiting Obokoh.

In Senegal people speak french. In Nigeria many different languages are spoken, though English is the "official" language. Senegal and Nigeria are far away from each other. I don't think Baye will be a huge trump card in recruiting Obokoh.

nike elite skills at SEEDS academy? I'm not sure if chino is involved in that, but i think baye was.

there's the possible connection.

It was only a brief "sound bite" but Chino passes the looks test. His skills are limited but SU typically takes big guys with skill issues. If they have skills and are athletic, they are 5 stars and recruited by the likes of Carolina and Kentucky (i.e. Dajuan Coleman). Fab obviously had a bigger ceiling, but his skills were quite limited as well. With Chino it will come down to how hard he works on the things he needs to improve. BTW, I have seen Valenti play. He is highly skilled as far as passing and shooting but more of a mid major with respect to athleticism. I will put my $$ on a player like Chino who 2-3 years down the road could look like a steal.

but beejay's production was much higher, even though his stats weren't so good.

i just don't think chino would play at SU. that's all. no biggie. no need to try to analyze my interior.

ps - i understand the game of basketball. i enjoy discussing and debating. i honor everyone's opinion, but this board likes to attack rather than respond.
I think you are missing the boat with Chino. He would be extremely valuable. People have mentioned that he has a higher ceiling than BMK. BMK has been very valuable. If Chino has the mind set of BMK and can take on BMKs role, SU will have found a very valuable addition. It is not easy to find good players who will take on that role. He could go elsewhere and be a starter.

Chino has advantages over BMK. First, timing. Chino wouldn't have to be put into action in his frosh year. He would be 3rd then behind DC2 and BMK (maybe 4th if you include Rak). He might redshirt, who knows (he may secretly want to RS because he values the education).
Chino could start the pipeline to BK, and help with Bryant.
Chino seems like an APR plus, a non-trouble maker, and wants an education.

How can you not like the possibility of finding a replacement/possible improvement over a player in the rotation of a 34-3 squad?

I think you are missing the boat with Chino. He would be extremely valuable. People have mentioned that he has a higher ceiling than BMK. BMK has been very valuable. If Chino has the mind set of BMK and can take on BMKs role, SU will have found a very valuable addition. It is not easy to find good players who will take on that role. He could go elsewhere and be a starter.

Chino has advantages over BMK. First, timing. Chino wouldn't have to be put into action in his frosh year. He would be 3rd then behind DC2 and BMK (maybe 4th if you include Rak). He might redshirt, who knows (he may secretly want to RS because he values the education).

How can you not like the possibility of finding a replacement/possible improvement over a player in the rotation of a 34-3 squad?
Great post Sarge. Don't really see any downside taking a chance on him.

I agree. He seems like a high character program kind of kid. You know, Rick Jackson was one of those, too, at first, and he wound up being the Big East Defensive Player of the Year by the time he was done. Seems athletic enough, like our kind of body type and bounciness.

I agree. He seems like a high character program kind of kid. You know, Rick Jackson was one of those, too, at first, and he wound up being the Big East Defensive Player of the Year by the time he was done. Seems athletic enough, like our kind of body type and bounciness.
Should have been POY. He and DNic both got screwed.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Top 5 according to a very good source is SU, Texas, Temple, Nova, and James Madison. Texas seems to be the current leader but SU should expect to get another visit from him soon. IMHO he's more of an luxury than need. If we get him good, if not then no big deal.

Top 5 according to a very good source is SU, Texas, Temple, Nova, and James Madison. Texas seems to be the current leader but SU should expect to get another visit from him soon. IMHO he's more of an luxury than need. If we get him good, if not then no big deal.
I agree, he is a program kid that would be around for 4 years and be a model student and team player.

James Madison? That's just...weird. Nothing against the school itself, as that's the only school other than SU I applied to, but it's the old Sesame Street thing: one of these things is not like the others.

Haha I applied to JMU to and was my second choice. Beautiful campus and women. Its no Syracuse though, especially in terms of bball.

James Madison? That's just...weird. Nothing against the school itself, as that's the only school other than SU I applied to, but it's the old Sesame Street thing: one of these things is not like the others.
Remember he's from Nigeria and has only been here for a few years. It's more than b-ball when it comes to him but I do agree that it looks strange to see JMU in the mix with others.

ESPN has on their recruiting site that he visited Villy on 9/29/12.
Earlier articles talked about his decision date, do you know when he is scheduled to make his choice?

I can understand the luxury idea. But I think he would be great program glue. He is the type of behind the scenes guy that could help SU keep up this new level of winning. It would be like getting a BMK but not having to use him in that role until his junior year (or maybe RS him a year).

Then when you add in the other factors - good student and pipeline possibilities - this kid would be a great addition.

ESPN has on their recruiting site that he visited Villy on 9/29/12.
Earlier articles talked about his decision date, do you know when he is scheduled to make his choice?

I can understand the luxury idea. But I think he would be great program glue. He is the type of behind the scenes guy that could help SU keep up this new level of winning. It would be like getting a BMK but not having to use him in that role until his junior year (or maybe RS him a year).

Then when you add in the other factors - good student and pipeline possibilities - this kid would be a great addition.
Not sure of a decision date yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom