Class of 2021 - C David Wohlabaugh (OH) Transferring from Kentucky to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C David Wohlabaugh (OH) Transferring from Kentucky to Syracuse (5/15/23)

How many late portal Olineman are there right now? We need D1 kids who can play. He played 8 games and started 1 for Kentucky last year as a redshirt freshman.

How many late portal Olineman are there right now? We need D1 kids who can play. He played 8 games and started 1 for Kentucky last year as a redshirt freshman.
Looks like he was the starter at OT to start the year. Impressive for a redshirt frosh.

He however did not do well and got bumped to second team very quickly.
Also saw him as a second team OG for at least one week later in the season.

Ended the year off the two deep entirely.

I assume he played center in HS and given that is the position his brother and father played, he could move there pretty easily.

We don't have many OL that are going to be sophomores on the roster. Adding him would help address lack of depth by defections and injuries.

I would be okay with this. Like legacies. They tend to work out well. At least they used to, when we used to get them...

Looks like he was the starter at OT to start the year. Impressive for a redshirt frosh.

He however did not do well and got bumped to second team very quickly.
Also saw him as a second team OG for at least one week later in the season.

Ended the year off the two deep entirely.

I assume he played center in HS and given that is the position his brother and father played, he could move there pretty easily.

We don't have many OL that are going to be sophomores on the roster. Adding him would help address lack of depth by defections and injuries.

I would be okay with this. Like legacies. They tend to work out well. At least they used to, when we used to get them...
A versatile OL that could play Guard or Tackle is what the roster needs.

Interesting that a redshirt freshman in the SEC begins the season as a starting LT and then somehow falls off the two deep by the end of the season. I wonder what happened.

Interesting that a redshirt freshman in the SEC begins the season as a starting LT and then somehow falls off the two deep by the end of the season. I wonder what happened.
Not too much different than what happened to Chris Bleich. Except with Chris, he hurt his hip and the Gators wanted him to keep playing with a serious injury.

It is a big jump from HS to the SEC. Not a surprise David was not ready for it.

Yep come here and you have a great chance to start from day 1. And you can shut up everyone on this site for SU not getting a legacy kid :)
Maybe Dave Sr contributed to the Lally Center and wants to get an immediate return on his investment. ;)

Dave Sr is from Hamburg, NY and went to Frontier HS. The family has roots in NY and I bet it will be a thrill for Sr to watch Jr play on the same field he did.

What's the pitch? Start at RG with Bleich health up in the air, potentially start at RT the following 2 years? Lots of PT available at Cuse.
I think the pitch is, our offensive line is unsettled, and there are lots of starting positions that are going to be up for grabs. You'd have a chance to start next year, and following your Father's footsteps as a legacy. Opportunities right there in front of you kid.

OFFERED > DAVID WOHLABAUGH IN PORTAL FROM KENTUCKY/LEGACY, 3YRS ELIGIBILITY
# 74 OL 6' 6" 321 WALSH JESUIT HS, STOW, OH

David Wohlabaugh Jr. - Football - University of Kentucky Athletics

2022 – r-Freshman
• Played in eight games with one start
• Earned his first career start in the season opener vs. Miami (Ohio)

2021 – Freshman
• Played in two games .. Saw his first collegiate action vs. ULM and also played at Mississippi State
• Redshirt season
• Mid-year enrollee In January 2021

High School
• Three-start recruit by all of the major recruiting services
• Rated the nation’s No. 53 offensive guard by ESPN, the No. 67 tackle by 247sports and the No. 69 tackle by
• The No. 25 player in Ohio by 247, No. 30 by ESPN and No. 31 by Rivals
• First-team all-state as a senior by the Ohio Sportswriters Association
• Helped lead Walsh Jesuit High School to a 5-2 record and the second round of the Division II state playoffs
• His size is enhanced by the ability he has shown to make blocks in space
• Coached by Nick Alexander
• Also lettered two seasons in ice hockey
• Chose Kentucky over Arizona State, Penn State and West Virginia

https://twitter.com/WohlabaughDavid
FATHER PLAYED CENTER AND GUARD FOR SU FROM '92 - '94. DRAFTED IN '95 IN FOURTH RD PLAYED FOR PATRIOTS, BROWNS, & RAMS. PLAYED 4 YEARS WITH PATS STARTED SB XXXI FOR PATS.

Would be really great to land him, Kentucky fans having been saying how awful he is, but he won the starting job out of camp for a reason, and while he did get benched, we’re not in a position to turn down any kind of talent on the o line coming from an SEC school. The one thing that does concern me though is after getting benched he couldn’t even get any kind of substantial reps even while Kentucky was having major O line issues, he must’ve been that bad for them.

Would be really great to land him, Kentucky fans having been saying how awful he is, but he won the starting job out of camp for a reason, and while he did get benched, we’re not in a position to turn down any kind of talent on the o line coming from an SEC school. The one thing that does concern me though is after getting benched he couldn’t even get any kind of substantial reps even while Kentucky was having major O line issues, he must’ve been that bad for them.
Could have been a lot of reasons. Maybe he had some personal things he was working through, perhaps scheme/style became a problem. Maybe he did something and the OL coach just didn't like him and gave no more chances. Idk just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom