Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Makes me think we spend too much time going after the wrong recruits.

I think the point is that we used to get those kinds of recruits a decade ago.

It's not any one thing. It's a combination of factors; probably starting with our head coach being as old as the Hills (not Otis). Being in the ACC and playing games in remote locations and having local (home for the kid) media attention diminished because we aren't playing their "local" schools and the unknown of whether JB will still be there for the length of time that they will be there or even by the time that they arrive on campus.
One of the reasons Hop was so important was he was very well known in the basketball world and he appeared to be the certain continuation plan when JB kicked it in, so kids had some idea that if JB wasn't going to be their the entire time they were things would look similar under the next coach.

We used to own Philly and New Jersey. Those kids now want to play closer to home, ie Big East. This has all happened since joining the ACC. If this was all on Hop, then why aren’t they all going to Washington?
Looking through those states in recent years, only jersey is sending top level talent to the big east, Penn, CT, NY, most of the 4 star+ talent is going outside the big east. The 3 stars are staying home but like, who cares

A bunch of them did, in case you've forgotten.
Didn’t he really capture the Rochester,NY recruiting scene initially at Washington, not New Jersey nor Philly? He did get Quade Green out from Philly but that’s the only player I recall and none I can think of from NJ.

Didn’t he really capture the Rochester,NY recruiting scene initially at Washington, not New Jersey nor Philly? He did get Quade Green out from Philly but that’s the only player I recall and none I can think of from NJ.

The guys he was recruiting for us who he brought to Washington included Quade Green, Isaiah Stewart, Nahz Carter, Hameir Wright, and maybe another guy or two.

Prior Philly recruits included Dion Waiters, Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson while Hop was on staff. Probably a couple more, too.

The guys he was recruiting for us who he brought to Washington included Quade Green, Isaiah Stewart, Nahz Carter, Hameir Wright, and maybe another guy or two.

Prior Philly recruits included Dion Waiters, Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson while Hop was on staff. Probably a couple more, too.
quade went to UK out of high school, both hop and GMac lost him

Only caught a few minutes of UConn this weekend before my remote had a gag reflex and changed channels. My only impression of Clingan was he seemed much too slow to play effective post in a D1 2-3 zone. He would have got the old 17-minute mark hook and plenty of JB stink eye to go along with our 0-8 deficit.

I had to come find this post and see it in context, because someone screenshot it and it's got a pretty healthy twitter thread going about it. Ha Ha. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom