Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Not shocked. When a kid doesnt leave home for HS, 9 outta 10 times they are staying with the local school. I’ve personally never been impressed with him and the latest game I watched of him, he got destroyed by another top50 center (DC shot like 3-17 from the field).

It will be interesting how they make Sanago and him work...

No, he's a good player. He's the kind of guy you usually see on a Big 12 team or a Big 10 team.

That jumper will take a while at the next level. It's all upper body and very little lift or power from his legs.

Honest question. Do most 7 footers who shoot threes get a ton of lift on their shots? I don't recall Joel Embiid getting huge air before launching a triple.

Not usually and I don't look at lift in terms of how far off the ground they are as much as the shooting motion all together.

why does everyone disrespect Giannis so much. What more do you want him to do
I don’t pay much attention to NBA, but are there actually real people out there that don’t respect Giannis?

I think his shot looks just fine for a 7 footer.

I didn't say it looked bad. Looks nice in shoot around just may be a longer process until it's game ready at next level. Fab looked great shooting jumpers in shoot around too.

Plus if used properly Clingan will be hard to stop inside on offense.

Saw on Twitter that this Kid just won the MVP of the PKI. Thought I remembered us recruiting him. Would have looked good in orange

We have certainly seen stretches that validate the quality current class minus Carey at this point.

Despite the misses on guys like DC, it's really been in large part on the coaches with Joe, Jesse and Benny failing to be a source of consistency. Already have seen over reliance on Mintz because of Joe's limitations and Symirs to an extent.

Saw on Twitter that this Kid just won the MVP of the PKI. Thought I remembered us recruiting him. Would have looked good in orange
He played well and within hImself. He score 15 and had 10 boards coming off the bench. He’s just a huge kid with soft hands. Jackson also score 10 and had 13 rebounds. Hurley is just killing us on the recruiting trail. Our recruiting has really tanked since moving to the ACC.

He played well and within hImself. He score 15 and had 10 boards coming off the bench. He’s just a huge kid with soft hands. Jackson also score 10 and had 13 rebounds. Hurley is just killing us on the recruiting trail. Our recruiting has really tanked since most bing to the ACC.
All due respect but the move to the ACC is not the reason our recruiting has tanked. It’s been well documented so I won’t repeat the basics, but the loss of Hop and his connections, combined w/ an underachieving staff and a HC who’s lost something on his fastball, and we have what we have. The move to the ACC was the least of the issues.

It’s like I said in a different post it’s not like the staff hasn’t been identifying these talented kids it’s the fact that we aren’t landing them anymore. One thing that still boggles my mind a little is why wouldn’t a player want to play for a coach with a 1,000 wins? If he could be more relatable perhaps but it looks like he has his players attention on the sideline. I still love coach Boeheim but I just hate seeing the program like it is right now

It’s like I said in a different post it’s not like the staff hasn’t been identifying these talented kids it’s the fact that we aren’t landing them anymore. One thing that still boggles my mind a little is why wouldn’t a player want to play for a coach with a 1,000 wins? If he could be more relatable perhaps but it looks like he has his players attention on the sideline. I still love coach Boeheim but I just hate seeing the program like it is right now
Off the top of my head: (1) Style of play, ie; zone defense, (2) Roster management, see; “Daddy Ball/Ironman mins, (3) Ornery HC who throws you under the bus in public, (4) NIL…just to name a few.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head: (1) Style of play, ie; zone defense, (2) Roster management, see; “Daddy Ball/Ironman mins, (3) Ornery HC who throws you under the bus in public, (4) NIL…just to name a few.

Literally NONE of those things pertained to Clingan.

He was always heavily favored to 'stay home', so that meant UConn.
By default.

He is very close to his family, and IIRC there also may have been some sort of family member health issue at play too?
Anyway - he was always UConn's to lose, and they didn't, by virtue of being right in his backyard.

Conversely - some kids just want to get the heck outta Dodge, and do so -
Like JJ Starling, for example.
His family wanted him to play at home, but he had other ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom