Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Don’t think you would’ve said that until very recently.

I really hope they do begin to do that when he returns...but am I comfortable with it happening regularly?...not even close.
Until very recently, he was having problems with his knee.

not entirely about big don but u get the picture. This kid will be trying to recruit Donovan to go to the huskies...and as much as I hate to say it, they are gaining momentum and have been playing pretty well lately.

not entirely about big don but u get the picture. This kid will be trying to recruit Donovan to go to the huskies...and as much as I hate to say it, they are gaining momentum and have been playing pretty well lately.

They are going nuts for a kid that isn’t even in the top 100. He can work on Clingan, and he may very well go to UConn, but I doubt he has much of an effect on Clingan.

Not doubting they're trending better w/ recruiting, etc. but I say this w/ all sincerity - I won't be heartbroken if we lose Clingan. And it's not sourgrapes should that happen, I just prefer the Mulvey kid. JMHO

We aren’t getting Clingan.. whether he goes to UConn or not I’m not sure — but it’s not Cuse

Not doubting they're trending better w/ recruiting, etc. but I say this w/ all sincerity - I won't be heartbroken if we lose Clingan. And it's not sourgrapes should that happen, I just prefer the Mulvey kid. JMHO
No doubt Hurley is doing a great job recruiting

He never had someone transfer while at URI, but Brown-Ferguson, a big he said would play in the NBA, just went into the portal after not even finishing his freshman year at UConn. He overrecruited this Year with the bigs and he lost one because of it. Looks like it may happen with the guards soon, unless he can convince these kids to be happy playing 20mpg

I agree with this. I like Mulvey and I think he has a higher ceiling. Not a knock on Donovan because at this point I'd take either kid.

I agree with this. I like Mulvey and I think he has a higher ceiling. Not a knock on Donovan because at this point I'd take either kid.
Why? What have you seen that would say either has a higher ceiling than the other? Offer wise, it appears as though many D1 coaches think Clingan has a higher ceiling. Doesn't mean he does. Just thinking out loud.

Why? What have you seen that would say either has a higher ceiling than the other? Offer wise, it appears as though many D1 coaches think Clingan has a higher ceiling. Doesn't mean he does. Just thinking out loud.
Outside game and looks more mobile. Just my opinion.

They are going nuts for a kid that isn’t even in the top 100. He can work on Clingan, and he may very well go to UConn, but I doubt he has much of an effect on Clingan.
The article says top 75, which based upon simple math indicates within the top 100. As far as not having much effect on Clingan, good players want to play with other good players. UConn is obviously doing something right, unlike us.

The article says top 75, which based upon simple math indicates within the top 100. As far as not having much effect on Clingan, good players want to play with other good players. UConn is obviously doing something right, unlike us.
From what I’ve seen, the major recruiting sites have him outside the top 100. I haven’t seen one inside the top 100. And the composite has him 125. I don’t post without some research.

So, having not seen them both play live...Mulvey has a higher upside...in your opinion. O...k
If he's that mobile,and Donovan runs the floor as well as all of the coaches have raved about in articles...the 2 of them could be insane together. Mulvey the 4...Donovan the 5

JB loves Clingan and thinks he’s the best center recruit in the country. But I’d also be happy with Mulvey if he has the build/frame to gain some real weight in college. We need length and some muscle at the center position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom