Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

the fans giving up on him will have no impact on him choosing SU lol. The staff calls a lot of kids on regular basis because that’s called recruiting. You’re close to people that know Donovan so I guess that makes me misinformed ? Bc kids and families don’t exaggerate during a recruiting process ever. I’ll trust my sources on this.
Ok then. I guess you are the king. How dare I know more than you in this case...lol. Your sources need vetting. But hey, if we don't want him, he has plenty of other options so I guess he really doesn't have much to worry about.

Ok then. I guess you are the king. How dare I know more than you in this case...lol. Your sources need vetting. But hey, if we don't want him, he has plenty of other options so I guess he really doesn't have much to worry about.
Do you think we have a legitimate shot with Clingan? I agree that the idea that the kid isn’t improving seems absurd.

Yeah I would think a source on the recruits side would tend to mean more than the coaches side. It’s not us making the decision, it’s him after all.

I happen to know people close to Donovan. You guys saying the staff is going after Mulvey instead of Clingan are misinformed. The staff calls Donovan and his father every other day and they have a great relationship. As far as Donovan not improving, Does continuing to get high major D1 offers mean he isnt getting better? I mean really,, he has 17 high major offers. Don't get me wrong, Mulvey is good and going to get better.Either one would be good. But if our fans wanna give up on Donovan, we may not get him. But if we have to play against him? That will suck.
bulldog has very solid sources and has a tradition of giving good info to the forum

but nobody is 100% in recruiting, so thank you shifty for adding your insight

U guys need to stop talking so much to each other. You got guys that look at these boards and if you see you talk about them, why the hell would they want to come here. Also how does Donovan not "fit in the zone". Hes 7'2 and very mobile. Literally everything we want in the zone. Some of you guys need to do your research before going after these players.

My thoughts:

I like Clingan a lot more than Mulvey at this point. Bigger, stronger, more aggressive. Chance to be a more substantial contributor.

Clingan is making a mistake not going the prep school route. Love his toughness, and getting beat on by smurfs isnt the worst thing. But he would benefit from playing consistently against larger players. In the end though, he seems a lot like Joe Girard - homebody with good offers already, so why leave? The difference here is Clingan could play for a top prep program and still lay down in his own bed every evening.

Dont like how Clingan's body is developing. He's knock-kneed and getting dough-y around the middle. I dont like the trend of all these kids specializing with personal trainers, but it looks like he could use this. At the same time, I always like my recruits dough-y as opposed to chiseled. Built-in room for improvement.

Like Mulvey's touch outside and could see him actually being useful on those high ball screens.

Mulvey's about 2/3rds the player Craig Forth was at the same age.

My guess is we land Mulvey. If you're looking for a two-year contributor and roll player, that's fine.

Imagine being dough-y and still be able to move like that. Once a D1 trainer gets a hold of him and gets rid of the dough...ooph look out. As far as the prep school thing, yes, he would benefit from playing in one. But to be honest, even in prep school leagues there are not really any players his size. Maybe one or two that he would play around here but that's it. And he would play them what once or twice? I saw that he attended a camp earlier this summer that was primarily for power forwards on up and he did well. Let me see if I can find it.

Imagine being dough-y and still be able to move like that. Once a D1 trainer gets a hold of him and gets rid of the dough...ooph look out. As far as the prep school thing, yes, he would benefit from playing in one. But to be honest, even in prep school leagues there are not really any players his size. Maybe one or two that he would play around here but that's it. And he would play them what once or twice? I saw that he attended a camp earlier this summer that was primarily for power forwards on up and he did well. Let me see if I can find it.

I'm indifferent in the Clingan vs. Mulvey conversation; however, Clingan most certainly should have gone the prep route. It's not just about playing against like-sized players, it's about an overall step up in competition - it's a change in mentality and physicality across the board.

My thoughts:

I like Clingan a lot more than Mulvey at this point. Bigger, stronger, more aggressive. Chance to be a more substantial contributor.

Clingan is making a mistake not going the prep school route. Love his toughness, and getting beat on by smurfs isnt the worst thing. But he would benefit from playing consistently against larger players. In the end though, he seems a lot like Joe Girard - homebody with good offers already, so why leave? The difference here is Clingan could play for a top prep program and still lay down in his own bed every evening.

Dont like how Clingan's body is developing. He's knock-kneed and getting dough-y around the middle. I dont like the trend of all these kids specializing with personal trainers, but it looks like he could use this. At the same time, I always like my recruits dough-y as opposed to chiseled. Built-in room for improvement.

Like Mulvey's touch outside and could see him actually being useful on those high ball screens.

Mulvey's about 2/3rds the player Craig Forth was at the same age.

My guess is we land Mulvey. If you're looking for a two-year contributor and roll player, that's fine.

I think it's very fair to feel this way. I disagree of where Mulvey is and where he will get to but I do agree in Clingan is a bigtime player.

Clingan is hard to project still yet because of competition. He could come into college and immediately be considered a one or two year guy/lottery pick or a kid whose competition resulted in him having to spend a couple years adjusting and turns out to be a solid contributor at the 5 and nothing more. There are some things that need work like any kid. When he is not dunking it he looks prone to being blocked due to his release point in the post. Also he isn't quick to make a move and go up by comparison of big-time C prospects and thus vs ACC defenders he may struggle for a while. Again I would love to have him but there is a lot to work on.

Yeah I would think a source on the recruits side would tend to mean more than the coaches side. It’s not us making the decision, it’s him after all.

One of 17 possibilities doesn't mean much other than we haven't been formally ruled out.

Not improving? Hmmm
Screenshot_20201210-193411_Twitter.jpg

Nice article and it’s great we have someone in his corner that’s a big supporter of SU. I think we have a chance with him.
Yea, it’s weird that some of the posters on here aren’t giving us any chance. First of all, Red is his primary recruiter, which gives us a big leg up. According to McCallister’s reporting, Red talks to Donovan 2-3 times a week, and Donovan’s AAU coach talks to Red all the time, too. JB talks to Donovan on the regular, too, and has raved about his abilities and said he’s the best big in his class. We wouldn’t be wasting our time with him if we didn’t think we could land him. The kid seems to be seriously considering SU, so not sure why some on here have poured cold water on our chances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom