Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Just once I want Cuse to big boy everyone they play. I opine for the days of 260# 5s and barrel chested 240# 4s, bodies all over the lane in a pile and 6 personals just because.

Big Don please grant my wish.

Just once I want Cuse to big boy everyone they play. I opine for the days of 260# 5s and barrel chested 240# 4s, bodies all over the lane in a pile and 6 personals just because.

Big Don please grant my wish.
Players with these measurements can't cover the ground JB expects his bigs to cover.

Really good read published on 1/30/21. 7’2” & he has a part-time evening job shoveling snow lol. Also,

“He’s been recruited by his peers, too. Dior Johnson, a five-star point guard in the class of 2022, once sent Clingan “16 straight texts,” recruiting him to Syracuse, where Johnson was once committed.”

Sidibe has a lot more muscle on him than clingan, muscle makes you look leaner at ur weight. Clingan looks like he hasn’t touched a weight so he could be 240-250
I don't know. I see some muscle on that 16 year old. Definitely 280.
20210211_161658.jpg
20210211_161638.jpg

Lol, remember, I see him in person often...you don't. I'm 6ft4 260 and he makes me look small. Am I on drugs, lol.

OK, I get that he’s tall.

He just doesn’t look “that” big.

Kid’s not a string bean (which makes me wonder if he’s even a SU “take” at the 5 - we like ‘em emaciated! :p ),
but he just doesn’t seem that girthy.

Fab Melo was 270 in college.
Donovan doesn’t look like he’s heavier.

Do you have any eligibility left?
With the proper dedication to S&C...
;)

Those pics were from last night's game
OK, I get that he’s tall.

He just doesn’t look “that” big.

Kid’s not a string bean (which makes me wonder if he’s even a SU “take” at the 5 - we like ‘em emaciated! :p ),
but he just doesn’t seem that girthy.

Do you have any eligibility left?
With the proper dedication to S&C...
;)
Lol, those pics are from last night's game. He is huge. And only 16. Wait until he gets a proper D1 trainer. He had a decent game last night. 35pts 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. First game of the season and I can't imagine playing with a mask on.

Those pics were from last night's game

Lol, those pics are from last night's game. He is huge. And only 16. Wait until he gets a proper D1 trainer. He had a decent game last night. 35pts 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. First game of the season and I can't imagine playing with a mask on.

He’s a talent. And a BIG kid.
And we’d LOVE to have him in Orange!

You’re on drugs.

AO was 280.
RickJack was nearly that heavy.
Those guys were horses compared to this kid.

NO WAY he is 280

I don't have a horse in the race, but he is maybe 5 inches taller than those two. A lot of stringy meat can add up to a lot of weight. It wouldn't shock me if he played at 300 weighing 7'2". He isn't a total bean pole.

What I like is seeing just how tiny the ball looks in his hands. It's like I would look with a softball.

Edit: same comment made upthread.

Kid needs to go to a prep school or something cause he’ll just plateau if he keeps playing against these public school kids
People have been saying that since he was offered yet he still continues to improve. Maybe we should stop beating that dead horse with that stick. He stated he isn't leaving many times. And 16 other high major offers continue to rebuke that thinking.

Take this for whats it’s worth, just my opinion, this feels like JG3 scenario. Playing against far lesser talent, gets the ball a lot and I wonder what happens on AAU circuit. I’m very very skeptical of this kid but doesn’t mean I don’t think he can end up being a great player

People have been saying that since he was offered yet he still continues to improve. Maybe we should stop beating that dead horse with that stick. He stated he isn't leaving many times. And 16 other high major offers continue to rebuke that thinking.

He doesn’t have to go - he has the offers - but he should. There must be what, a half dozen prep schools nearby where he can play a higher caliber ball, and still lay his head down at home every night? Win-win.

Take this for whats it’s worth, just my opinion, this feels like JG3 scenario. Playing against far lesser talent, gets the ball a lot and I wonder what happens on AAU circuit. I’m very very skeptical of this kid but doesn’t mean I don’t think he can end up being a great player
AAU is much different than high school. Can't recruit in high school. Of course he gets the ball. He would in prep school too. 7 ft 2 he better get the ball alot. If you have a 7ft 2 player, he better be involved in your offense. If he isn't, that coach is doing something wrong.

He doesn’t have to go - he has the offers - but he should. There must be what, a half dozen prep schools nearby where he can play a higher caliber ball, and still lay his head down at home every night? Win-win.
Gotta read those articles and watch those interviews. He's staying because of his mom, because of the family atmosphere and because he knows eventually he will have to leave for college. While I do agree that prep would be better for him, he is still improving...alot. Kid has heart...loyalty...and faith in himself to succeed. What I like the most about him is he isn't caving in to the pressure to do what all these people are saying he MUST do to succeed. He's taking the hard way, and succeeding. If he wasn't succeeding, would he have 17 high major offers? I don't know, maybe colleges just offer 7ft2 guys just because they are 7ft2. Maybe that's it.

Yeah this kids a monster, 7'2 280lbs with a work ethic and some athleticism will translate to the next level. He'll be an impact player where ever he goes, would love for that to be here, and if not here, anywhere but ConnU would be my next preference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom