Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

So just want to get this down in words. You’re saying recruits commit to UConn because Hurley lies to media and says they really like the school and will commit soon. In turn, that brainwashes the recruit into thinking they actually like the school (and forget about the fact that the coach is lying) and then they commit.

Or maybe they just don’t want to play in a college zone defense and an offense that doesn’t let the center touch the ball.

But you’re right, the first one has gotta be the reason they’re beating us for recruits…
Beating us for recruits. They got two guys. One went to high school right down the street and the other saw a lot more competition for pt at Syracuse than he would have at UConn. One thing is for sure, they don't go play for Hurley because of his sterling Tournament success. Or his ability to get guys in the NBA.

So essentially everything I just said, just worded differently to try to make it not seem completely illogical (but really it’s just a smokescreen :)

Whatever, you guys can believe whatever nutty theories you guys want. Just keep in mind how ridiculous it sounds to people not usually surrounded by this nonsense everyday
Yes, you are a UConn fan. The words you guys is a tell. It's okay to post here. I wouldn't want to post on the Boneyard either if I was you. Say hello to mau for us.

So just want to get this down in words. You’re saying recruits commit to UConn because Hurley lies to media and says they really like the school and will commit soon. In turn, that brainwashes the recruit into thinking they actually like the school (and forget about the fact that the coach is lying) and then they commit.

Or maybe they just don’t want to play in a college zone defense and an offense that doesn’t let the center touch the ball.

But you’re right, the first one has gotta be the reason they’re beating us for recruits…
Regardless of which recruit goes where, Syracuse will be the ones consistently playing on the second weekend of the tourney like always, and UConn will be frustrated and mad and pining for Calhoun. That’s just our lots in life these days.

Cry!

No. I don't believe we do. Mostly because our fan base wasn't left at the alter when the conference shake up happened.
I go to the Boneyard and check out reactions and what is going on with recruiting, since we recruit many of the same players. Just like any fanbase, they have rational posters and they have jackasses. It seems as thought the proportion has been tilting to the latter more and more over the past few years.

Beating us for recruits. They got two guys. One went to high school right down the street and the other saw a lot more competition for pt at Syracuse than he would have at UConn. One thing is for sure, they don't go play for Hurley because of his sterling Tournament success. Or his ability to get guys in the NBA.
AAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDD, for one they had to hire the kid's coach and the other they promised his brother a scholarship. Hurley is working hard, you have to give him that.

No. I don't believe we do. Mostly because our fan base wasn't left at the alter when the conference shake up happened.
Not trying to get into it with you but they were out in force after UConn’s abysmal showing in the NCAA tourney. There was even a particular instance where one such user started “insulting” Syracuse in order to get older UConn fans (who were clueless to trolling) to start defending Boeheim and his record. That was pretty impressive to be honest haha. But there are definitely tools on both sites. I can provide you with at least one of their handles if you want. It is so stupid though.

Not trying to get into it with you but they were out in force after UConn’s abysmal showing in the NCAA tourney. There was even a particular instance where one such user started “insulting” Syracuse in order to get older UConn fans (who were clueless to trolling) to start defending Boeheim and his record. That was pretty impressive to be honest haha. But there are definitely tools on both sites. I can provide you with at least one of their handles if you want. It is so stupid though.
You may consider this a distinction without a difference but it isn't. If any Syracjuse fans go over there pretending to be UConn fans, they didn't come from here. There are a lot of other Cuse boards. Having said that, UConn fans that come here, do come from the Boneyard. I have seen them go to the Boneyard and laugh about it.

Last edited:
No, you don't cut ties. What, are you related to CuseRunner?

It certainly is possible SU could get the rebound. Didn't you just see the quick early rebound commits of Cole and Symir? If Clingon does something stupid like go to UConn, once he realizes what a mistake that was, the honesty and fit of SU will be real appealing.

Actually getting the older, more experienced, stronger Clingon in two years would be better than getting this baby-faced version. Plus, there will be more opportunity after Jesse leaves.

And move on to what other centers? The others for '22 would be slotted in to the 3rd center slot behind Jesse and Frank. Generally you don't see players lining up for that role.
I don’t see it as cutting ties

I don’t see it as cutting ties
Well you did say "can we please move on", which to me is pretty much the same thing as cutting ties. This is the time for Clingon to get to know the staff and campus.

You also said "The likelihood of him transferring out...is not worth the time and effort". I strongly disagree with that. New NCAA rules, new recruiting strategy tweak out of JB. The no sit year means you're not just recruiting for the frosh, but you get the leg up on the rebound. I think this just hit home for JB with Cole. Putting in the time now could pay huge dividends later.

I hope we see JB and staff in on Clingon and Flip right to the end, even if the odds make it look like a losing cause. Because even if we don't get them, come 2024 and they are disgruntled it could be quite a payday. They could exercise their one time portal jump and play out the remaining years at the Cuse. Well worth it.

Donovan Clingan.

Only.

As this is my 7th warning, there will be no mercy from here on out.
1625082264967.png

Yes, you are a UConn fan. The words you guys is a tell. It's okay to post here. I wouldn't want to post on the Boneyard either if I was you. Say hello to mau for us.
Lol not a Uconn fan, but I guess the reason this board has no rational posters is cause the second someone says anything to suggest that were not the powerhouse team we once were, they get accused of being a spy from some other fan base and get run off. Honestly have seen it countless times on here for a lot less.

Also, yeah I’m a “walk on” but I’ve been registered here like 1-2 years at least, and feel free to check out my post history for anyone still thinking I’m some kind of secret agent. Honestly come here just to check for news, particularly on Clingan cuz I live in the same area as him, but I do feel inclined to call out the nonsense some people post from time to time. Anyways, I’m out, I’ll try my best to scroll past your guys crazy theories. Back to clingan

Lol not a Uconn fan, but I guess the reason this board has no rational posters is cause the second someone says anything to suggest that were not the powerhouse team we once were, they get accused of being a spy from some other fan base and get run off. Honestly have seen it countless times on here for a lot less.

Also, yeah I’m a “walk on” but I’ve been registered here like 1-2 years at least, and feel free to check out my post history for anyone still thinking I’m some kind of secret agent. Honestly come here just to check for news, particularly on Clingan cuz I live in the same area as him, but I do feel inclined to call out the nonsense some people post from time to time. Anyways, I’m out, I’ll try my best to scroll past your guys crazy theories. Back to clingan
Don't forget to say hi to mau. And don't forget to tell him that over the last 10 years, UConn has at best a .500 in league record. That is a program that isn't what it used to be. And quite frankly, it isn't s surprise that no one, I am mean no one, wanted them in their league when expansion came. But please, post often.

Don't forget to say hi to mau. And don't forget to tell him that over the last 10 years, UConn has at best a .500 in league record. That is a program that isn't what it used to be. And quite frankly, it isn't s surprise that no one, I am mean no one, wanted them in their league when expansion came. But please, post often.
Mau is busy, listening to glory days, over and over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom