Class of 2022 - C Edward Nnamoko (FL / Nigeria) Portal from Georgia St | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Edward Nnamoko (FL / Nigeria) Portal from Georgia St

Im talking about the portal. Lampkin was our best pull, is that acceptable? He was ranked like 130th in the portal.

Freeman and Westry need to be ready and able.

I think the buzz word for this season is "competence" and "competitiveness".
We need be more solid, and that's what these new guys offer, potentially.

Yes, unless we add a couple more guys, the season will hinge on Freeman and Westry, and if both are not good for at least 10-12 points a game, this team will be likely out of the tournament again. We are still short a couple guys.

Now, if we can add another big, and some seem to think we want a 6th guard when we only have 3 forwards, well, I've already argued that point to death.

But last year, our interior defense got worn down and fell apart. We're still pretty thin up front. If we can further repair that, this could be a pretty good team.

Then, if Red goes out and wins 24 games, we get to an ACC Semifinal, and at least the 2nd round of the NCAA, he will have something more substantial to sell. He will also be able to point to the hopeful progress of Donnie Freeman, to convince others stud players like that Top 10 guard we're courting, that it's a good choice to come here.

Much hinges on us having a solid, winning season. Then he's got something to sell.

I think the buzz word for this season is "competence" and "competitiveness".
We need be more solid, and that's what these new guys offer, potentially.

Yes, unless we add a couple more guys, the season will hinge on Freeman and Westry, and if both are not good for at least 10-12 points a game, this team will be likely out of the tournament again. We are still short a couple guys.

Now, if we can add another big, and some seem to think we want a 6th guard when we only have 3 forwards, well, I've already argued that point to death.

But last year, our interior defense got worn down and fell apart. We're still pretty thin up front. If we can further repair that, this could be a pretty good team.

Then, if Red goes out and wins 24 games, we get to an ACC Semifinal, and at least the 2nd round of the NCAA, he will have something more substantial to sell. He will also be able to point to the hopeful progress of Donnie Freeman, to convince others stud players like that Top 10 guard we're courting, that it's a good choice to come here.

Much hinges on us having a solid, winning season. Then he's got something to sell.
Problem is there is no way to figure who will leave in next years portal. Rosters aren't stable, coaches need to fund raise more than they need to develop talent. Read our NIL for hoopsis 2.5 to 3 million. That is not small change, then I read that1 kid rejected a 2 million dollar offer from Carolina to play for Baylor. I wonder what Baylor offered. It does not appear that SU is giving Red the NI L to recruit. In addition to the money Red needs to overcome the famed climate at Syracuse.

There are/were enough guys out there that the staff could have got involved with
It’s not a one way street. Also, consider the fact that the coaches have done more due diligence on prospects than any of us have. There may be reasons to not pursue someone.

Im talking about the portal. Lampkin was our best pull, is that acceptable? He was ranked like 130th in the portal.

Freeman and Westry need to be ready and able.

While I get the knock defensively I think that will come out to be massively underrating him.

high school recruiting is not a winning strategy anymore until players can be signed to multi-year contracts.

Highly unlikely that happens IMO. That’s part of the foundational argument for how we’re at, where we’re at.

Highly unlikely that happens IMO. That’s part of the foundational argument for how we’re at, where we’re at.
No. I don’t see how they can go on with unlimited free agency every year forever. Not even pro sports leagues have that. But they won’t be able to institute some restrictions on transfers until the players can unionize and the programs can negotiate a collective bargaining agreement with the union.

To me Westry has to be our best pickup one year removed. That’s the X factor.
Yeah I absolutely think Westry being healthy is the key the program exceeding expectations next season. The other if questions I feel pretty confident about:
—Starling and Bell taking big steps forward to become legit scoring stars and improving significantly on the defensive end. They’ll be juniors and ready to take on key roles as upperclassmen.
—Carlos making the transition from a mid major PG to the high major level and becoming the team facilitator.
—Donnie making the adjustment from a high school superstar into being a high impact college player. Choppa doing the same and being able to at least give key minutes off the bench.
—Lampkin making a transition from Colorado to Syracuse and Red’s system and improving on the defensive end.
—having a more team oriented offense and defense and improved spacing and offensive flow. I want to see Red and the coaches install some more innovative, European-style offensive concepts, ala UConn.

Yeah I absolutely think Westry being healthy is the key the program exceeding expectations next season. The other if questions I feel pretty confident about:
—Starling and Bell taking big steps forward to become legit scoring stars and improving significantly on the defensive end. They’ll be juniors and ready to take on key roles as upperclassmen.
—Carlos making the transition from a mid major PG to the high major level and becoming the team facilitator.
—Donnie making the adjustment from a high school superstar into being a high impact college player. Choppa doing the same and being able to at least give key minutes off the bench.
—Lampkin making a transition from Colorado to Syracuse and Red’s system and improving on the defensive end.
—having a more team oriented offense and defense and improved spacing and offensive flow. I want to see Red and the coaches install some more innovative, European-style offensive concepts, ala UConn.

Lampkin progressed his game offensively this past year but regressed some on D. Hopefully both take another positive step.

Bell and JJ will be strong offensive weapons and likely improve. How much is yet to be seen. Donnie will be good but not sure how good but with Davis too the sum of the parts in the frontcourt is an upgrade I expect.

Carlos should be solid if he can make the kick out 3 and we have enough shooting on the court around him. Both will be key to watch. He will defend and distribute for certain.

Westry, McLeod, Cuffe, Moore and whoever else we add are the bigger what ifs for me.

To me Westry has to be our best pickup one year removed. That’s the X factor.
It doesn’t work that way. Doesn’t matter if he was hurt, he was still here.

This is the kind of rationalization John Mozeliak tried to get away with year after year when the Cardinals didn’t do enough during the offseason or at the trade deadline. “We’re adding an ace to the pitching staff because Wainwright is coming off the DL.”

We haven’t done enough and we have open scholarships available. The pickings are slim at this point, I know. I actually don’t mind adding Mnamako as a third-string center. Overall, though, this offseason is likely going to fall short.

No. I don’t see how they can go on with unlimited free agency every year forever. Not even pro sports leagues have that. But they won’t be able to institute some restrictions on transfers until the players can unionize and the programs can negotiate a collective bargaining agreement with the union.
I think eventually we get to multi-year contracts and collective bargaining. This might help bring school pride back into the equation believe it or not. If I'm player X and I have my choice of 10 schools who offer similar financial terms for 2-3 years... I'm going to pick the school where I feel the most comfortable - that includes the campus, the women (or men), and the coaches. It'll all come full circle and we'll be back to shifting money towards the arms race again instead of NIL.

I don't know how fast this happens but we'll get there. In the meantime we have to deal with the current cluster-F.

It doesn’t work that way. Doesn’t matter if he was hurt, he was still here.

This is the kind of rationalization John Mozeliak tried to get away with year after year when the Cardinals didn’t do enough during the offseason or at the trade deadline. “We’re adding an ace to the pitching staff because Wainwright is coming off the DL.”

We haven’t done enough and we have open scholarships available. The pickings are slim at this point, I know. I actually don’t mind adding Mnamako as a third-string center. Overall, though, this offseason is likely going to fall short.
Freeman has to be real good, real fast.

It's literally insane they don't try to mimic a pro sports model. This is unsustainable, and it would be unsustainable in the pro ranks too. They have the blueprint, just need to do it.

Problem is there is no way to figure who will leave in next years portal. Rosters aren't stable, coaches need to fund raise more than they need to develop talent. Read our NIL for hoopsis 2.5 to 3 million. That is not small change, then I read that1 kid rejected a 2 million dollar offer from Carolina to play for Baylor. I wonder what Baylor offered. It does not appear that SU is giving Red the NI L to recruit. In addition to the money Red needs to overcome the famed climate at Syracuse.
What, you like the climate???

It's literally insane they don't try to mimic a pro sports model. This is unsustainable, and it would be unsustainable in the pro ranks too. They have the blueprint, just need to do it.
Can’t wait for lock outs and strikes from the players union and having no college basketball for a season. But anything is better than what we have now.

Unfortunately, that is a lot of ifs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom