Class of 2021 - C Franck Kepnang (PA) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Franck Kepnang (PA) Offered

Kepnang was also recruited out of high school by some big name programs like Kentucky. That says it all. I've seen several of his games in HS. Athletic bigs are hard to get.

Wow, if he were fine with a backup role… insane talent. Honestly, no reason why he couldn’t be Edwards
-esque with a bit more of an opportunity and a new beginning.

have we offered Frank? I'm thinking it might be an advantage having his former HS teammate, JBA, on the team. It appears that JBA has evolved into more of a stretch 4 so they wouldn't compete for playing time.

Much like our Frank I bet he’s transferring to be a starter somewhere. They are similar players blocked by other kids.
I agree with this. Would be shocked if he goes somewhere that has a solid starting center returning.

If we have learned anything about the portal transfer, it is that kids want to play and will move to get the playing time they think they deserve.

No issues going after him. It can't hurt. But this isn't going to happen.

father-of-the-bride-martin-short-GC.jpg

I guess Kepnang is heading elsewhere. Ballard is a safe choice and about as good a get as we could expect. Keeping my fingers crossed his visit goes well. I'm with those who are wishing for an impact forward recruit but it appears that JB wants to roll with the guys he's got. It's his team and a reflection on him as to how they perform next year. Here's hoping it works out but on paper I expect that we'll be rated by the coaches in the lower tier of the conference.

yeah clearly what we need to do is go all in on Franck, bring him in, go with starting frontcourt of Ballard/Jesse/Franck (backcourt of Benny/Brown)

huge.
The problem for Hop now is that he just lost Emmitt Matthews, who’s somehow going back to West Virginia. Can someone tell me how it’s possible for Matthews to transfer again without sitting out? Doesn’t he have to sit out since he already transferred once?

Last edited:
The problem now for Hop now is that he just lost Emmitt Matthews, who’s somehow going back to West Virginia. Can someone tell me how it’s possible for Matthews to transfer again without sitting out? Doesn’t he have to sit out since he already transferred once?
If he's got his degree and eligibility left, there's no sit out penalty even if hes already transferred once.

If he's got his degree and eligibility left, there's no sit out penalty even if hes already transferred once.
Aha. So it’s considered a grad transfer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom