Class of 2021 - C Franck Kepnang (PA) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Franck Kepnang (PA) Offered

Dang. He looks like the kind of player who would thrive in our system.
Being a basketball alum I follow this team with great interest. Admittedly I have a small sample size with which to judge, but it looks to me like he needs another year of HS to polish his skills. What's the rush?

Being a basketball alum I follow this team with great interest. Admittedly I have a small sample size with which to judge, but it looks to me like he needs another year of HS to polish his skills. What's the rush?
He would develop much faster in college than another year in HS. He needs to go against similar sizes players to speed up his development.

Last edited:
Didn't I say Mac wanted to be a 4...it could be Ricky and AO or Rock and Baye. Big boy basketball still works!
So let's sell mac as a 4 and frank anselem as our 5. Except maybe Mac wants to play with his boy Frank Kepnang.

Absolutely...recruiting is like water. You gotta go with the flow! Or is it recruiting is fluid? Same thing ;)
Most people here don't realize how much the roster has already been improved from last year. We need one of these big, but I would love to have 2...

Most people here don't realize how much the roster has already been improved from last year. We need one of these big, but I would love to have 2...
Are you discounting Elijah and counting on Griffin, because for me, that is a wash, at best. (Hope that I am wrong).
I have heard a lot of great prognostications about SU freshman, so to say anyone coming in is an upgrade to anyone departed, is a stretch. IMO, only JG and Buddy have met or exceeded expectations as incoming guards in the last 3-4 years. I might put H. Wash in that category.

Are you discounting Elijah and counting on Griffin, because for me, that is a wash, at best. (Hope that I am wrong).
I have heard a lot of great prognostications about SU freshman, so to say anyone coming in is an upgrade to anyone departed, is a stretch. IMO, only JG and Buddy have met or exceeded expectations as incoming guards in the last 3-4 years. I might put H. Wash in that category.
No. I think every school hypes their incoming freshmen (what else are they suppose to do) so I take that with a grain of salt, but if you look at the roster from last year to next we are longer and more athletic and it is not close.

The roster is now more of what we have been historically (we still need another big) Kadary and Griffin (I don't believe he will play the 3) are 6'-6" and 6'-5" guards. Newton is 6'-8" to go with Marek 6'-10", Guerrier 6'-7" and Braswell 6'-9" at forward. I believe reason we are going like gangbusters to get another center is so we can return to fielding the type of team that can play a dominating zone, which will lead to transition buckets.

We lost one player who played and 3 guards without the size or the game to play the zone at an elite level.

Call me crazy but that video does not make me think this guy is it. Horrible looking shot and kinda clumsy looking. What’s the hype about

Call me crazy but that video does not make me think this guy is it. Horrible looking shot and kinda clumsy looking. What’s the hype about
I was thinking the same thing. I think he is all about potential. He is a big strong looking guy. He could develop, but definitely not a fluid looking athlete. I would park him near the basket and tell him to rebound everything...NO JUMP SHOTS!!!

I was thinking the same thing. I think he is all about potential. He is a big strong looking guy. He could develop, but definitely not a fluid looking athlete. I would park him near the basket and tell him to rebound everything...NO JUMP SHOTS!!!

LOL! There is only one basketball used during the game. He would rebound and play defense day one!

LOL! There is only one basketball used during the game. He would rebound and play defense day one!
I didn’t mean to imply there was more than one ball.

Franck talks all about his game, his recruitment, and his HS & AAU teams...

FYI: Him and Mac are pretty tight for what it's worth.

Spoiler: No Syracuse mentions in this interview.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom