Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually played with Danny in an SU Summer Jazz Ensemble under Steve Marconi. Trumpets generally stand on a riser behind the seated trombone section. I still couldn;t see over him!

I was a trumpet player as well. JD had a great music program from top to bottom when I was there.

Why would I? Up until this point, they really haven't done much, especially at the Center spot, but I am super happy with this pickup. He fell into our laps as a reclassification. Had he stayed in the 2021 class, there is no guarantee we would get him. 5 four stars on the roster and the rest 3 stars is hardly a lot to brag about. That's unacceptable for Syracuse basketball standards. We should have 4 stars from top to bottom with a few 3 stars, but we have more 3 stars.

When we end up with Dior, Benny, and Chance, then you should change your tune. But, hopefully you don’t bug out on the staff when Mac goes elsewhere. I’m not counting on it though.

I was a trumpet player as well. JD had a great music program from top to bottom when I was there.

I was a West Genny guy. One of the most talented trumpet players I ever played with was from JD. Rhys Henson.

I was a West Genny guy. One of the most talented trumpet players I ever played with was from JD. Rhys Henson.
That goes back a ways, doesn't it!

That guy was amazing! First time I heard him play, I thought JD had hired Maynard Ferguson as a ringer in their jazz band!

We had a guy named Tommy Bridges back in the 80's who was a phenomenal trumpet player too. Nuzzo built some of our repertoire around him. No other reason that we'd play Flight of the Bumblebee. It was kind of intimidating as a 14 year old trumpet player to be asked if you'd heard your 16 year section leader's album yet.

If Edwards redshirts then we will have 3 centers in the same class. I don't see that happening. I think we can count on one transfer.
A transfer is likely, but I'm curious to see if guys can develop and expand their games to be really big PFs. I'm biased towards preferring that the guys we 'croot find a path to pt and stick around.

In addition to separating the centers by class, it would seem better for Edwards at least to not redshirt. That will be better for him if he does transfer and has to sit for a season. But I don't want him to transfer. I'd rather see him become a productive player and I don't think he's far off from that at all.

Also, I still want Micawber.

You’re the peach to make a response like that one it’s obviously a joke especially when I’m using the word meth ball!!!

that’s all

it’s not like I’m talking about an actual person that has insider strong information And a great reputation
Modesty is overrated anyway!

He literally said nothing personal.

He criticized the post.
What sounds more civil and respectful?

A: your post is BAD
B: I disagree with your take and here’s why...

btw this wasn’t meant to single out any one person - there is a great deal of intolerance to dissenting opinions on this board. People let the author bias their interpretation of the message and before you know it a thread dissolves into a pissing contest.

now back to Anselem...

IIRC - JD won the NYS championship the year after DS graduated!

And was an excellent trombone player. You know, in case that basketball thing DIDN’T work out!

You’re the peach to make a response like that one it’s obviously a joke especially when I’m using the word meth ball!!!

that’s all

it’s not like I’m talking about an actual person that has insider strong information And a great reputation
Not sure what the hell that all means but regardless, I've actually defended you a couple of times in this very thread when you have been pressed on things. I appreciate you sharing and have told you that before. I just think you go way the hell overboard with the "hey look at me" approach. Whatever. Do your thing although it likely won't last.

Not sure what the hell that all means but regardless, I've actually defended you a couple of times in this very thread when you have been pressed on things. I appreciate you sharing and have told you that before. I just think you go way the hell overboard with the "hey look at me" approach. Whatever. Do your thing although it likely won't last.
Then put him on ignore so he doesn't get pissed off and leave and the rest of us can continue to get inside info haha

FA’s path to playing time is the same as any center other than Sidibe who played this year: play defense, particularly against bigger, stronger centers, grab rebounds, don’t foul out. We were never looking for 15 points/12 rebounds. If we could have that kind combined productivity from our centers this past year, SU would have been ranked.

I actually played with Danny in an SU Summer Jazz Ensemble under Steve Marconi. Trumpets generally stand on a riser behind the seated trombone section. I still couldn;t see over him!
That’s a funny image... from another former trumpet player.

Then put him on ignore so he doesn't get pissed off and leave and the rest of us can continue to get inside info haha
I'm going to put you on ignore if you don't shut it.

<sarcasm>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors