Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very high likelihood that Edwards redshirts or transfers. He was brought in for depth just like Howard Washington. I wish him the best of luck in whatever happens.

I will never assume a kid is going to transfer. Kids have their own reasons for what they expect and what they do. If this board were discussing the 1995 team, people might have speculated that Lazarus Sims might be gone. But he was a huge part of SU’s success in 1996. Other kids, it makes no sense for them to leave. I understand that fans are going to speculate. That’s what fans do.

Very high likelihood that Edwards redshirts or transfers. He was brought in for depth just like Howard Washington. I wish him the best of luck in whatever happens.
I hope he redshirts he needs to gain 30-40lbs, but he won't be able to do that during the season because there is too much running.

Take a look at Post #100 by Gabjon. I just watched the second half of that game. I think he had 10 points and 7 rebounds in the half, but all of his offense came from transition/fastbreaks/alleyoops. He didn't try any post moves on the few occasions when he was fed inside—just looked to kick back out. He dunks everything when he's not body-contested, but also didn't convert on 2-3 layups and a couple of dunk attempts. I didn't see great timing, but he had decent hands.

I don't see a reason to think he would push Edwards to a redshirt. If anything, it's good that Frank has an attitude where he recognizes he needs to work and prove he deserves a roster spot. Personally, if anyone has to RS, i think it'll end up being Frank, as i'm not even sure why he reclassified. If he had stayed another year at Prolific, he'd have been more of a focus, and could have developed more with greater responsibilities there.

He does remind me of Terrence Roberts, not Etan. Etan was kind of a shotblocking savant who initially had 'paddles' for hands and developed offensively over time. I didn't see any of that defense in Frank in this one game, just some scattered blocks in highlights, but he has better hands than Etan had coming in.
and Played like he had literal Ice Skates on in his early years

I hope he redshirts he needs to gain 30-40lbs, but he won't be able to do that during the season because there is too much running.

I agree.

We can lend him out to the Wolverine, and Coach E & crew can work their magic on him for a full year.
Some of their player transformations have been startling - Cisco’s guns, anyone?

I’m a bit underwhelmed with Ryan Cabiles.

He’s not Will Hicks level meh, but when you see how other programs beef kids up (Marquette was always a prime example), and our guys not named Cooney can’t seem to put on any beef...

I agree.

We can lend him out to the Wolverine, and Coach E & crew can work their magic on him for a full year.
Some of their player transformations have been startling - Cisco’s guns, anyone?

I’m a bit underwhelmed with Ryan Cabiles.

He’s not Will Hicks level meh, but when you see how other programs beef kids up (Marquette was always a prime example), and our guys not named Cooney can’t seem to put on any beef...
apparently JG3 can be added to that list, why does he need to add weight? added muscle doesn't equal added quickness or agility if it did basketball players would look like football players.

People seem to underestimate how skilled Edwards is. He may be the best big man on this roster including Frank. He may not be flashy, but he understands the game and may become the best pro on this current team. He’s fundamentally sound. He does all the little things you want in a big man. Down the road he’s going to have a very good face up game. He has great hands and appears very coachable. He’s the last guy I want to think about transferring.

The nagging concern I have about Edwards was that he played for the B team at IMG Academy. That tells me he has a lot of ground to make up before he'll be a significant contributor.

The nagging concern I have about Edwards was that he played for the B team at IMG Academy. That tells me he has a lot of ground to make up before he'll be a significant contributor.

JB took a flyer on the kid. Same with Howard Washington. We Already have depth with Ajak and now Anselem. Adding Mac in 2021 furthers the depth chart. I think Edwards transfers or takes the redshirt

I wouldn’t worry about it. This is a case where you are just mistaken.

Edwards did not play on the B team at IMG. IMG has a ‘normal’ HS team and another post grad team filled with players going to their prep school. Edwards played on the IMG post grad team. He graduated from HS In The Netherlands. Decided to come to the US for a post grad year. His original plan was to play at Brewster but he had visa problems, ended up missing the fall semester and changed plans to play at IMG instead.

I wouldn’t worry about it. This is a case where you are just mistaken.

Edwards did not play on the B team at IMG. IMG has a ‘normal’ HS team and another post grad team filled with players going to their prep school. Edwards played on the IMG post grad team. He graduated from HS In The Netherlands. Decided to come to the US for a post grad year. His original plan was to play at Brewster but he had visa problems, ended up missing the fall semester and changed plans to play at IMG instead.

My bad, thanks for the clarification. I knew they had two teams but wasn't sure of the differences between them. So then Edwards played on the team with older grads, thus I'm assuming he had good preparation, at least for that season, in getting acclimated to college ball.

JB rarely goes deeper than 8 unless it’s a team like we had in the early 2010s.

JG3 + Buddy easily get 30+ mpg - Kadary gets the rest

Griffin + Marek easily get 30+ mpg - QG gets the rest. I think foul trouble could make this iffy so maybe you see Newton if Marek/QG get in trouble the same game. I don’t think Kadary plays the 3 (this year) and I don’t know if they think maybe Anselem/JBA can get a few minutes here, but seems unlikely. Newton will have a lot of DNP in my mind. We will rarely see Newton and Braswell

BS gets the lions share at C. 2 of Anselem/JBA/Edwards split the 12 minutes or so. I personally think Edwards redshirts, and one of JBA/Anselem emerges as the trusted back up.

To be honest the rotation seems fairly straight forward this year. I think QG/Kadary both get 15-20mpg and they play Sidibe as much as possible. We could see a 7 man bench in bigger games.

JB took a flyer on the kid. Same with Howard Washington. We Already have depth with Ajak and now Anselem. Adding Mac in 2021 furthers the depth chart. I think Edwards transfers or takes the redshirt

Edwards isn’t coming back to redshirt as a sophomore. There’s not a single kid in college who would agree to this unless they were injured or they have a Jalen Carey type situation. I appreciate what you’re bringing to the table but this is just an uneducated take and I can almost guarantee the coaches would never do this to him. They’re all class and aren’t going to hold this kid hostage for the year when they have 3 centers.

apparently JG3 can be added to that list, why does he need to add weight? added muscle doesn't equal added quickness or agility if it did basketball players would look like football players.
Hakim Warrick says "hi".

Hakim Warrick says "hi".
LOL! Power Forward from the early 2000s verse Point Guard in today's game...How about Marek and Edwards put on the pounds and JG3 cut weight to add quickness, Gerry didn't know where the weight room was until he joined the coaching staff and he was pretty good...

Edwards isn’t coming back to redshirt as a sophomore. There’s not a single kid in college who would agree to this unless they were injured or they have a Jalen Carey type situation. I appreciate what you’re bringing to the table but this is just an uneducated take and I can almost guarantee the coaches would never do this to him. They’re all class and aren’t going to hold this kid hostage for the year when they have 3 centers.
Didn't Scoop RS as a soph, or am misremembering

Didn't Scoop RS as a soph, or am misremembering

It was a medical redshirt. He had a stress fracture in his shin or foot if I remember correctly. Like I said unless we’re talking injury there’s zero chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom