Class of 2023 - C Gus Yalden (NC) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C Gus Yalden (NC)

This is a year ago. I have to think our history and how we leverage point forwards and point Centers like Marek is a major positive here.
That's an impressive tape...all around package reel him in !

This guy is fat... skilled yes, but fat. Somebody better start bugging him to pay attention to what he's eating, and how he takes care of his body.

SU must be planning to play a different defense, this guy is not at all your typical center or forward type of athlete that SU recruits.

Are we still on this kid and vice-versa? Seems like we're no longer in his top schools. Also, the rankings I have seen show him dropping quite a lot. Strange development.

Are we still on this kid and vice-versa? Seems like we're no longer in his top schools. Also, the rankings I have seen show him dropping quite a lot. Strange development.
In the games I watched, he is a nice player, but he doesn’t function well against athletic guys his size. And, in the ACC, that’s all he’ll see.

This will be a kid who just wins. He knows how to play and will fit in great with athletic teammates. He’s Marek with fifty extra pounds and a much better shooter.

This is a year ago. I have to think our history and how we leverage point forwards and point Centers like Marek is a major positive here.
Other than height it’s uncanny the Jokic comparison

Other than height it’s uncanny the Jokic comparison

Yeah. If we played the 1-1-3 like we did at times last year a player like Gus would be fine. Obviously not quick enough or long enough to be flying to the corner.

Wisco
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 2.30.44 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun video but I’m not sure a 6’8” dude that almost literally can’t jump is a good fit for the middle of our zone.

Feels like the kinda player that ends up on a Cinderella team that everyone falls in love with during the tournament.
this is the kinda player the team needs, imo

a basketball player who happens to be a center...not a tall guy trying to play basketball.

to me, he'd be perfect. but there would be possible defensive questions there for sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom