Class of 2020 - C Hunter Dickinson (MD) to Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Hunter Dickinson (MD) to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the player can, which is why we keep missing on big men. Lets hope we get Hunter
Don't hate...But I'm pretty sure I saw a blurb on a recruiting site about Hunter and UK. YUK!!!!

Don't hate...But I'm pretty sure I saw a blurb on a recruiting site about Hunter and UK. YUK!!!!
I know. I think he visited them recently or one of the Indiana schools i forget. Seems like he has a thing for Indiana (ND Purdue and Indiana) all high on his list.

Hunter Dickinson is the most polished low-post high school prospect since Jahlil Okafor. He might be a dinosaur in today’s playing style, but what Dickinson can do in the post is utterly absurd. He might not be a high-flying athlete or a sexy big man that handle the ball in the open floor, but he is a meat-and-potatoes type that dominates his area. He kicked off the event with an efficient 24-point and 14-rebound affair in front of a Purdue assistant. The Boilermakers and Notre Dame have already hosted him for an official visit in recent months, and it is looking as if Louisville and Michigan could be the next to do as such this spring.

He's way too skilled for an SU big (ha). I would think he'll be a great fit for a UVA or Michigan...

He's way too skilled for an SU big (ha), he looks like a UVA or Michigan kind of guy.

Some commentary on the skilled big man from the Top 100 Camp in June...

"After spending some time at the under-18 USA Basketball trials last week, Dickinson was back in Virginia, showcasing his entire repertoire on Thursday. While he may lack for athleticism, the overall skillset out of the 7-footer is something else. A big that knows how to post and then repost, score over either should, and pass out of the double team has become a dying breed. Maybe Dickinson is here to infuse some talent into the throwback center position. The lefty is arguably the most skilled low post high school center prospect since
Jahlil Okafor and he made his case that much stronger on Thursday."
He's way too skilled for Syracuse (ha). Sounds more like a kid who would be attracted to Michigan because of the way they use their big men.

Hunter Dickinson is the most polished low-post high school prospect since Jahlil Okafor. He might be a dinosaur in today’s playing style, but what Dickinson can do in the post is utterly absurd. He might not be a high-flying athlete or a s e xy big man that handle the ball in the open floor, but he is a meat-and-potatoes type that dominates his area. He kicked off the event with an efficient 24-point and 14-rebound affair in front of a Purdue assistant. The Boilermakers and Notre Dame have already hosted him for an official visit in recent months, and it is looking as if Louisville and Michigan could be the next to do as such this spring.

I would LOVE for the low post game to come back. I miss balance. Basketball was a much better game 10 years ago.

With Bol Ajak and Edwards, it seems like we’re going after more offensively minded centers. Would love to get this kid.

Good news here. He is such a polished low post scorer and passer.
Has there been any reason to believe we are realistically in on this? Doesn’t seem that way.

He would be great, but looks like the kind of player that ends up at a school like Michigan that actually recruits centers with skills as opposed to be primarily interested in how they fit in a zone.

He would be great, but looks like the kind of player that ends up at a school like Michigan that actually recruits centers with skills as opposed to be primarily interested in how they fit in a zone.

Image result for repeating yourself

This Team Takeover team is really good (and deep) again this year! Hunter's stats are good, but they could be even better if they weren't so good at sharing the rock and letting everyone contribute. They really spread the wealth. We may want to start looking into the sophomore big (Efton Reid) coming off the bench behind Hunter. He looks very promising.

EYBL Atlanta Statistics: 10.5 PPG, 51.5 FG%, 9.0 RPG, 1.8 APG, 2.2 TOPG, 1.5 BPG

Class: Junior (2020)

Height: 7-foot-2

Game 1: 2 PTS, 6 REB, BLK, 3 AST

Game 2: 26 PTS (12-15 FG), 13 REB, 3 BLK

Game 3: 9 PTS (2-4 FG, 5-6 FT), 9 REB, 2 BLK

Game 4: 5 PTS (2-7 FG), 8 REB, 2 AST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member