Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond does everything else, and makes the game easier for their shooters - helps get them open looks, and he is at least capable of making 3’s even if his percentage was only really good 1 season.

Simmons also does everything else.

Defensive versatility is huge, as the counterpoint to all the shooters on the court. Simmons can guard almost everybody on the court.
also, the contemporary game is not all about 3 pt shooting, it is about efficiency. free throws are very efficient as well, and and players with the ability to draw fouls, finish, and hit the fts are nearly as valuable as deep shooters. with the added benefit of piling up fouls on the other team

if you can defend multiple positions and contribute in at least one of the two most efficient offensive categories, you are going to be in demand

also, the contemporary game is not all about 3 pt shooting, it is about efficiency. free throws are very efficient as well, and and players with the ability to draw fouls, finish, and hit the fts are nearly as valuable as deep shooters. with the added benefit of piling up fouls on the other team

if you can defend multiple positions and contribute in at least one of the two most efficient offensive categories, you are going to be in demand

Agreed -- this is why I am excited about Andre Jackson, despite some wringing their hands about him not being a shooter.

Personally, I think bad outside shooters are still fun. When they hit, it feels big. When they brick, it's just another layer to the entertainment.

I say, let it fly. Call it The YOLO Approach to jump ahooting.

Draymond does everything else, and makes the game easier for their shooters - helps get them open looks, and he is at least capable of making 3’s even if his percentage was only really good 1 season.

Simmons also does everything else.

Defensive versatility is huge, as the counterpoint to all the shooters on the court. Simmons can guard almost everybody on the court.
I understand that. The OP to which I responded was indicating that he thought we shouldn't recruit Jackson due to his perceived lack of ability to make 3 - point shots. My reply post was facetious.

I understand that. The OP to which I responded was indicating that he thought we shouldn't recruit Jackson due to his perceived lack of ability to make 3 - point shots. My reply post was facetious.
There's a font for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors