Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly Coleman was injured a quarter of the way into that season and Rak started every game going forward at the 5 but subbing with Keita based off performance. In his junior year it was the same thing. I don’t remember him playing the 4 at all sophomore/junior year. He def did his freshman year though
Coleman started 20 games at C Rak's sophmore year during which Rak started every game. So Rak must have played some 4, in fact he started at the 4 for at least 20 games. Coleman also started 13 games at C Rak's junior year so Rak had to be the starting 4 at least 13 times (actually 14 as Keita started 1). Keita also played in 32 games that year and when he was in Rak was sometimes at the 4. It was not until his senior year that Rak was solely a C.
...and didn't need to worry about a quick hook

Yeah, there is no question this kid is a 4. No chance he's a 5 in our system -- only way he plays there is out of absolute necessity. Not a primary option there.

That being said, he does look like he is skilled and can play a little bit. Only thing is, where are his minutes coming from and where is the scholarship coming from -- especially if we are still in the market for another center.

Current breakdown for next year, assuming everyone that is expected back will be back

Guard - Boeheim, Hughes, Goodine, Girard, Carey, Washington
Forward - Brissett, Dolezaj, Braswell, Guerrier
Center - Sidibe, JBA

Leaves one more slot for either this kid or a center, which is what we need the most.

Or we just role with Sidibe & Dolezaj and pray. Seems to be a lot of praying lately.
LOL nice gem

Wish I could watch today, but hopefully there will be videos going around from these games. I'm really interested to see how much progress he's made since his scrimmages with IMG.

Very interested to see Jesse in action, on our Italian tour. Being familiar with European hoops would seem to help with his adjustment to the team, on this tour. He should get meaningful minutes; excited to see how he looks.

With no Marek and no JBA you would think Jesse would be in line for some good minutes.

We got killed on the boards and need to rectify that, moving forward. Way too much reliance on 3 pt shots; though there have been limited practices for the new players. Carey still looking hesitant and not in charge when he is at PG. Goodine looked more confident. Guerrier is a stud and showed great energy.
Buddy tried to force some things; he needs to learn when to take it to the rack and when to pass it.
JG3 is a tough competitor and potentially a great passer.
Looking forward to Wednesdays action to see what improves.

We got killed on the boards and need to rectify that, moving forward. Way too much reliance on 3 pt shots; though there have been limited practices for the new players. Carey still looking hesitant and not in charge when he is at PG. Goodine looked more confident. Guerrier is a stud and showed great energy.
Buddy tried to force some things; he needs to learn when to take it to the rack and when to pass it.
JG3 is a tough competitor and potentially a great passer.
Looking forward to Wednesdays action to see what improves.
I thought we won rebounds. 49-38.

That may be the count for that game; however, what I did not see is us be aggressive going after rebounds.
When we hit the ACC the rebounding competition will be on a different level. We also had numerous occasions when one of our guys got his hands on a rebound only to have it taken away from an aggressive player from the other team.

That may be the count for that game; however, what I did not see is us be aggressive going after rebounds.
When we hit the ACC the rebounding competition will be on a different level. We also had numerous occasions when one of our guys got his hands on a rebound only to have it taken away from an aggressive player from the other team.
I didn’t see the game but the box score seems to poke a number of holes in your analysis. I do realize numbers lie sometimes but to say we got killed on the boards when we outrebounded them by double digits?

I didn’t see the game but the box score seems to poke a number of holes in your analysis. I do realize numbers lie sometimes but to say we got killed on the boards when we outrebounded them by double digits?
Who ya gonna trust? Him, or your own lyin' eyes?

Watch the game to see what I am referring to. Granted, the opponent is young professionals.
Numbers tell some of the story; what you see, during a game, adds depth to that understanding.

Who ya gonna trust? Him, or your own lyin' eyes?

Watch the game to see what I am referring to. Granted, the opponent is young professionals.
Numbers tell some of the story; what you see, during a game, adds depth to that understanding.

I’m on board. Gonna use that anytime the other team scores more points than us. Can’t lose.

Plus we made shots, and it was a blow out. Hard to judge based off of that.

I mean that’s basketball today in case you missed it... I know it’s hard for people to understand but the game is COMPLETELY different than even 10 years ago. It is all about shooting and shooting a lot of 3s.
Makes sense. If you can't shoot, you shouldn't be recruited. That said, it makes it hard to see why guys like Draymond Green, Andre Drummond, Lonzo Ball, Ben Simmons, etc., are getting paid so much money.

Makes sense. If you can't shoot, you shouldn't be recruited. That said, it makes it hard to see why guys like Draymond Green, Andre Drummond, Lonzo Ball, Ben Simmons, etc., are getting paid so much money.
Everyone in the nba makes a lot of money. But those dudes get paid fractions of someone like Steph...

Draymond does everything else, and makes the game easier for their shooters - helps get them open looks, and he is at least capable of making 3’s even if his percentage was only really good 1 season.

Simmons also does everything else.

Defensive versatility is huge, as the counterpoint to all the shooters on the court. Simmons can guard almost everybody on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.