Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO landing JBA as our ONLY big in this class would be a huge disappointment. He's the guy I have pegged lowest in terms of talent that we're recruiting at his position. If we added Stewart, Akok, Dimon, or Wahab, then JBA can become a valuable piece in the depth/backup department. But just him is not good enough.

We know. You posted the exact same thing this morning, two posts earlier.

It's literally the same post with your opinions rearranged.

Have you watched full games played by JBS or just highlight videos?
Your reading comprehension could use a bit of work too. I have seen JBA play in person (albeit once) and came away feeling rather indifferent about his game. It's certainly possible to misjudge a player. Heck even the staff has whiffed on some players... I will hope for the best either way. I think he's got some talent. Didn't state otherwise. Not that rankings are everything but his ranking has plummeted from top 100 to 368.

Truth is, if I had written that I loved JBA and wanted us to land him I could probably write it many times, and no one would say a thing. It's (again) an issue because my view is more critical in this instance. I've probably posted at least 10 times in the Quincy thread but because he's my favorite target, it's not an issue.

Last edited:
I'm ok with JBA but I really hope we land somebody a whole lot better. JBA has potential, but IMO he's slow footed. He has a soft touch on his jump shot, but that's also his problem... he's IMO soft. No killer instinct, no swagger, just missing something that I can't put my finger on. Maybe by his junior or senior year he could contribute, but even then there's something intangible missing in his game. We need the depth so I hope we get him, but I hope we land someone more college ready along with him.
IMO landing JBA as our ONLY big in this class would be a huge disappointment. He's the guy I have pegged lowest in terms of talent that we're recruiting at his position. If we added Stewart, Akok, Dimon, or Wahab, then JBA can become a valuable piece in the depth/backup department. But just him is not good enough.
I think you will get your wish. The competition for him isn't too tough:
Pitt wants QW over JBA (I think we did too but no one will admit it)
Nova has cooled on him a long time ago, as did Wake Forest.
So if we're going up against Rutgers, VCU, George Washington, UConn and Georgetown, it's highly likely. JBA's stock has fallen drastically.

Ho hum...:confused:
Agree on your assessment of JBA. Do you view Kai as a guy who can contribute right away at center? I love the guy. I'll be pumped if we get him. I view him a bit more as a 4, at least until he gets stronger and puts on some weight. Thoughts?
I love you too! Your reading comprehension needs some work though. ;)

Your reading comprehension could use a bit of work too. I have seen JBA play in person (albeit once) and came away feeling rather indifferent about his game. It's certainly possible to misjudge a player. Heck even the staff has whiffed on some players... I will hope for the best either way. I think he's got some talent. Didn't state otherwise. Not that rankings are everything but his ranking has plummeted from top 100 to 368.
Truth is, if I had written that I loved JBA and wanted us to land him I could probably write it many times, and no one would say a thing. It's (again) an issue because my view is more critical in this instance. I've probably posted at least 10 times in the Quincy thread but because he's my favorite target, it's not an issue.

Dude - you've been passive aggressively negative about Ajak for weeks. We get you would like someone better. We all want the best recruits possible. You're an enthusiastic SU fan which is great. But humans in general get tired of repetitive negativity. And you've demonstrated similar tendencies in other recruiting threads, so stay positive and lets hope for Guerrier, Ajak, Akok, Girard, Wahab, and anyone else the staff wants to commit in the early signing period.

Dude - you've been passive aggressively negative about Ajak for weeks. We get you would like someone better. We all want the best recruits possible. You're an enthusiastic SU fan which is great. But humans in general get tired of repetitive negativity. And you've demonstrated similar tendencies in other recruiting threads, so stay positive and lets hope for Guerrier, Ajak, Akok, Girard, Wahab, and anyone else the staff wants to commit in the early signing period.
My point is this... if I posted tons of positives about him, you and others would have no problem with it. I have the right to post my thoughts on JBA, just like others do. My opinion (positive or negative) of him shouldn't matter. Nobody complains when I write about Quincy or loving Akok's game. You have a problem with my opinion, not the quantity.

I have been very positive and optimistic about QG, AA, and realistic about JG3. Maybe you see the negative, not me. ;)

My point is this... if I posted tons of positives about him, you and others would have no problem with it. I have the right to post my thoughts on JBA, just like others do. My opinion (positive or negative) of him shouldn't matter. Nobody complains when I write about Quincy or loving Akok's game. You have a problem with my opinion, not the quantity.

I have been very positive and optimistic about QG, AA, and realistic about JG3. Maybe you see the negative, not me. ;)

No actually I have a problem with the quantity. I agree with your opinion.

No actually I have a problem with the quantity. I agree with your opinion.
Funny no one complains when I write positives about other players. I can't see this scenario happening... hey Jazz stop telling us how much you like Quincy. Please...

Truth is we absolutely should be able to land better than the #368 ranked player with a center vacancy in the immediate future. I hope we can. Fingers crossed.

Funny no one complains when I write positives about other players. I can't see this scenario happening... hey Jazz stop telling us how much you like Quincy. Please...

Truth is we absolutely should be able to land better than the #368 ranked player with a center vacancy in the immediate future. I hope we can. Fingers crossed.

Another example of multiple posts saying the same thing. You are relentless with your postings of exactly the same point. Say it once.

I think the plan is to bring in at least Dimon or Akok to the fold. JBA is definitely a developmental guy. Dimon would be ready to go from the day he steps on campus.

Last edited:
Another example of multiple posts saying the same thing. You are relentless with your postings of exactly the same point. Say it once.
Haven't you learned that these taunting tactics don't work yet? Did you really think I'd not respond?

I think the plan is to bring in at least Dimon or Akok to the fold. JBA is definitely a developmental guy. Dimon would be ready to go from the day he steps on campus.
I agree. Get Dimon with JBA, and that'd work.

it's just that you clog up these threads with bloated post after bloated post, much of the time a whole bunch of words just repeating previous bloated posts or about not really much of anything

I have the right to post my thoughts on JBA, just like others do. My opinion (positive or negative) of him shouldn't matter.

Nobody's disputing that. But once its out there you don't have to repeat it in response to every single other poster that mentioned JBA in a positive light. It's ok not to answer every single other poster's post. They aren't speaking to you personally.

This is crazy...

I make contributions to this board and sometimes they get liked and sometimes they are disliked. My opinion is what it is... just that, an opinion. You can scroll by it. In fact you can ignore me. There are options available to you besides using your power in numbers to tell me you don't like what I've written or how many times you "think" I've posted the same thing.

I think others "clog the board" with meaningless garbage too. If I had a dollar for every time someone said they "felt confident " we were getting a recruit, and then we didn't... I'd be quite wealthy. And you know what, it happens regularly.

When you get right down to it we all want to put the best players on the court to win. That typically means recruiting well. When I see us settling for a guy like JBA, when I think we could do better, I say it. And yes, often many times. Just like I've said how excited I'll be if we land Quincy multiple times.

Borrowing pfisters line, if you don't like something I've posted,"it's ok to not respond to it. I'm not speaking to anyone personally." That's a far more effective way of taming me... I'd think folks would know that by now.

Now back to JBA!

This is crazy...

I make contributions to this board and sometimes they get liked and sometimes they are disliked. My opinion is what it is... just that, an opinion. You can scroll by it. In fact you can ignore me. There are options available to you besides using your power in numbers to tell me you don't like what I've written or how many times you "think" I've posted the same thing.

I think others "clog the board" with meaningless garbage too. If I had a dollar for every time someone said they "felt confident " we were getting a recruit, and then we didn't... I'd be quite wealthy. And you know what, it happens regularly.

When you get right down to it we all want to put the best players on the court to win. That typically means recruiting well. When I see us settling for a guy like JBA, when I think we could do better, I say it. And yes, often many times. Just like I've said how excited I'll be if we land Quincy multiple times.

Borrowing pfisters line, if you don't like something I've posted,"it's ok to not respond to it. I'm not speaking to anyone personally." That's a far more effective way of taming me... I'd think folks would know that by now.

Now back to JBA!

I'd be happy with JBA. But he's not enough. We need another, more college-ready center like Stewart, or Wahab or Carrigan to go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.