Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do all these b-ball highlight videos have to feature some corny millennial tight jeans wearing rapper?

Rant aside, I love his offensive potential. And I don’t care in this case that it’s a highlight video which showcases the good plays...you wouldn’t see big men that are offensive stiffs with any of those highlights.
Agreed, been excited to see him stay (hopefully) healthy. He's got a great skillset coming in IMO.

Agreed, been excited to see him stay (hopefully) healthy. He's got a great skillset coming in IMO.

Agreed. And from what I’ve seen and read, I’m excited about the offensive skill sets of all 5 recruits. We should be a lot more enjoyable to watch in the coming years.

Beyond have a nice shooting stroke, I’m excited to see this kid display some athletic ability and coordination.

Why do all these b-ball highlight videos have to feature some corny millennial tight jeans wearing rapper?

Rant aside, I love his offensive potential. And I don’t care in this case that it’s a highlight video which showcases the good plays...you wouldn’t see big men that are offensive stiffs with any of those highlights.
yep. at a minimum, he has a great base for the coaches to work with

Meek Mill definitely isn't a corny, tight jeans wearing rapper...

Go to JBA's Instagram story and you'll see videos of him in the Westtown gym getting shots up (and it looks even better) and working out for over the last hour... on a Saturday night mind you. Good for him. Excellent shirt choice too...
Screenshot_20190518-225029_Instagram.jpg

I met and had a brief conversation with JBA at Westtown last week. Very polite nice kid. Told him that Orange fans are super excited to see him arriving next year and encouraged him to keep hitting the weight room and working on his skills. Spoke to some other guys on the team at various times over the weekend. I inquired about the 6'5"white guard that SU has offered. If we're talking about the same kid they said he was transferring out because of a lack of playing time this last season. I did not see their 6'7" junior that is a highly rated 4 star, name escapes me.

I met and had a brief conversation with JBA at Westtown last week. Very polite nice kid. Told him that Orange fans are super excited to see him arriving next year and encouraged him to keep hitting the weight room and working on his skills. Spoke to some other guys on the team at various times over the weekend. I inquired about the 6'5"white guard that SU has offered. If we're talking about the same kid they said he was transferring out because of a lack of playing time this last season. I did not see their 6'7" junior that is a highly rated 4 star, name escapes me.
1. John Camden
2. Noah Collier ;)

Short clip of JBA putting up shots during the first part of the video. This kid will be able to stretch the floor for us and suck opposing teams bigs out of the paint. They will have to guard him because hes a very capable shooter for a big guy. I think hes going to be a pleasant surprise to a lot of people.

Short clip of JBA putting up shots during the first part of the video. This kid will be able to stretch the floor for us and suck opposing teams bigs out of the paint. They will have to guard him because hes a very capable shooter for a big guy. I think hes going to be a pleasant surprise to a lot of people.

He reminds me of a Yukon guy but I can’t quite remember who?

His J is definitely pretty smooth. Excited to have him.

What's up with JBA? I haven't been following — is he with the team now/on campus and cleared for all activity?

Cool. Thank you.

Just to add to the above, the issue wasn't on JBA's part, or Syracuse's, it was Italian immigration since he comes from a country that is on a high alert [Sudan] for terrorism. Italy wouldn't let him in, in other words.

JBA has had a pretty good summer, by all accounts. I wouldn't expect a ton this year, but he has the look of a potential multi-year starter. He's better than a portion of our fanbase expected him to be.

Just to add to the above, the issue wasn't on JBA's part, or Syracuse's, it was Italian immigration since he comes from a country that is on a high alert [Sudan] for terrorism. Italy wouldn't let him in, in other words.

JBA has had a pretty good summer, by all accounts. I wouldn't expect a ton this year, but he has the look of a potential multi-year starter. He's better than a portion of our fanbase expected him to be.
It wasn't just that they couldn't get him in. They were also worried that if he got in, they couldn't get him out. No kidding.

It wasn't just that they couldn't get him in. They were also worried that if he got in, they couldn't get him out. No kidding.
Wasn't it more that if he went abroad, his return to the US might be in question?

Man! Like many of you have already said...That is a sweet looking jump shot for a big man

watched multiple games. He was in a center rotation with another african big man underclassman who is much higher rated on recruiting services (Franck Kepnang). He was not a focal part of the offense, Westtown had a guard who is going to Uconn that really ran the show for them, as well as a couple other shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom