Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids do stupid and immature things, mostly they do not do them on television and in front of thousands of people. I am sure he regrets the incident and will probably learn to have better self- control.

100% agree but calling him a pig is not right either. He’s also a kid.
Agreed. What he did was unacceptable and there should be repercussions, but calling him that is dehumanizing. We shouldn’t meet a dehumanizing act (spitting at someone) with another dehumanizing act. I do understand people’s gut reaction to this, but we all need to do better in world filled with so much anger.

Agreed. What he did was unacceptable and there should be repercussions, but calling him that is dehumanizing. We shouldn’t meet a dehumanizing act (spitting at someone) with another dehumanizing act. I do understand people’s gut reaction to this, but we all need to do better in world filled with so much anger.
I agree with your larger point, but I think your description of calling someone a pig as being dehumanizing is overblown. Clearly it is a metaphor. Would you prefer a**hole? Because that seems to fit, but it seems a lot worse of a thing to be called if you are taking it literally.

Good post. And I think the mods should set an example. The mod who called him clueless should reconsider his impunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom