Class of 2020 - C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Matt Haarms / Transferring from Purdue

Why can't the guy choose Kentucky without the insinuation of having been paid? Did we get Griffin that way? [Or Dior?]

Last edited:
Why can't the guy choose Kentucky without the insinuation of having been paid? Did we get Griffin that way?

yeah I don’t think anything annoys me more than when people think the coach paid the recruit. Every. Single. Time. It gets so old.
Go check Cals resume with getting people into NBA. Hundreds and hundreds of millions in contracts ...

yeah I don’t think anything annoys me more than when people think the coach paid the recruit. Every. Single. Time. It gets so old.
Go check Cals resume with getting people into NBA. Hundreds and hundreds of millions in contracts ...
Cal and Kentucky/facilities sells itself. No money needed.

We had a thread here a while back about dirty coaches and this came up. A couple well informed posters said when Cal first got to Kentucky, the money was free flowing. But now, he doesn't need it anymore. No coach in college ball has proven to be better at getting these kids to the NBA.

I’d be willing to get that 99% of those players would have gotten the same (or better) contracts had they played at Not-Kentucky.

Cal isn’t preparing these kids to be drafted.

He takes 3-5 Lottery picks each year, and turns them into...
2-4 Lottery picks each year.

They’re getting drafted because they are talented at hoops -
which they were before they ever set foot on campus in Lexington KY.

Yes...poor Cal & Kentucky.
Both are clean as a whistle. No need at all to insinuate shenanigans going on- its jealousy, just jealousy, I tell ya’!

We had a thread here a while back about dirty coaches and this came up. A couple well informed posters said when Cal first got to Kentucky, the money was free flowing. But now, he doesn't need it anymore. No coach in college ball has proven to be better at getting these kids to the NBA.
No coach is better at recruiting NBA ready players. I don't think he really develops guys that well, in part because they leave early, as they were already NBA ready.

Last edited:
That jives with what I have been told.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom