Class of 2017 - C Mohammed Bamba (PA) to Texas | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Mohammed Bamba (PA) to Texas

Had good ball teams when I played there in the late 60s, but not the level of todays squads. Headmaster has told me that recent recruits actually contact Westtown, as opposed to the school going out to actively recruit players.

I posted elsewhere that in the late 80's, when I was an end of the bench white guy, our best player,
Curtis Birthwright, ended up being a walkon at SUNY Brockport.

great name, great guy and he's still in SU-Brock's record books, though not so gloriously as I just googled: Brockport Golden Eagles - Brockport Men's Basketball Record Book

times have certainly changed

Westtown School is a Quaker, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school for students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, located in eastern Pennsylvania. Wikipedia

Quakers are members of a historically Christian group of religious movements generally known as the Religious Society of Friends.Wikipedia

per the 2nd link...

In the past, Quakers were known for their use of thee as an ordinary pronoun, refusal to participate in war, plain dress, refusal to swear oaths, opposition to slavery, and teetotalism. Described as "natural capitalists" by the BBC, some Quakers founded banks and financial institutions, including Barclays, Lloyds, and Friends Provident; manufacturing companies, including shoe retailer C. & J. Clark and the big three British confectionery makers Cadbury, Rowntree and Fry's; and philanthropic efforts, includingabolition of slavery, prison reform, and social justice projects.[18]

giphy.gif

Ha! Thank you for patronizing me with that classic Saturday morning cartoon message. I understand Quakers in the historical context. Had never heard of Westtown before, and therefore didn't connect it to the 17th century. You will have to excuse my public education.

Condescension flows deep around here.

Ha! Thank you for patronizing me with that classic Saturday morning cartoon message. I understand Quakers in the historical context. Had never heard of Westtown before, and therefore didn't connect it to the 17th century. You will have to excuse my public education.

Condescension flows deep around here.

s'all good brotherman

no one had heard of Westtown before, including top flight recruits

I really wonder what changed and we went big time but the last couple of years, but not enough to even ask about it on FB.

now, back to our regularly scheduled condescension/dance party

s'all good brotherman

I really wonder what changed and we went big time but the last couple of years, but not enough to even ask about it on FB.

You know I had to go at you for that. Although I do deserve any talking down to for being a member of the Pack. ;)

I'm sure I heard of Westtown before yet never internalized it.

Re: Bamba, odd that it has been silent since his visit. But contrary to reports that he feels he doesn't seem to fit, there has to be something to be said for his visit with Quade at Elite Camp. There has to be some interest on his part, one would have to assume.

Westtown School is a Quaker, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school for students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, located in eastern Pennsylvania. Wikipedia

Quakers are members of a historically Christian group of religious movements generally known as the Religious Society of Friends.Wikipedia

per the 2nd link...

In the past, Quakers were known for their use of thee as an ordinary pronoun, refusal to participate in war, plain dress, refusal to swear oaths, opposition to slavery, and teetotalism. Described as "natural capitalists" by the BBC, some Quakers founded banks and financial institutions, including Barclays, Lloyds, and Friends Provident; manufacturing companies, including shoe retailer C. & J. Clark and the big three British confectionery makers Cadbury, Rowntree and Fry's; and philanthropic efforts, includingabolition of slavery, prison reform, and social justice projects.[18]

giphy.gif

Can we steal the word Teetotalism and change its meaning to refer to a thread that tee1222 has liked everything?

Or we can change it slightly to Teetotalize to mean someone goes on a liking binge in a thread.

Example:
"Did you read the Boys are Bigger thread yet?"
"Yeah, it got me so pumped for the season that I teetotalized the entire thread"

s'all good brotherman

FYI, in regards to Westtown. The Headmaster is a big basketball enthusiast, who is actually a good player himself. When he arrived at Westtown, he had an interest in promoting the sport. He hired an AAU coach from Maryland, the rest is history. The first big time player that I met at Westtown was Daniel Ochefu (from Maryland), who went to Villanova. He was a 6'9" sophomore when I first met him. Now, Westtown does not really go out and "recruit" kids, but through "word of mouth" has been able to keep an amazing pipeline of basketball talent. As many of you know, Westtown has several high D1 players that SU is involved in recruiting. Westtown is a Quaker boarding school that has a very diverse student body that would be attractive to many of these recruits. The school is set on an amazing campus with terrific athletic as well as academic facilities. Not sure of exact numbers but the actual percentage of Quakers that attend Westtown is below 50%.

If Bamba is as much of a smarty pants at Francis has said I can't imagine him not picking the Harvard of central New York over Kentucky. I know that no one knows but I wonder how much that will play into his decision.

Carter pretty much wrapped his recruiting up with his announcing of his final 4...pretty much a duke lock. This is good news for us. I see UK pushing hard for Bamba and would richards go to UK knowing they have Bamba and possibly other returnees

Carter pretty much wrapped his recruiting up with his announcing of his final 4...pretty much a duke lock. This is good news for us. I see UK pushing hard for Bamba and would richards go to UK knowing they have Bamba and possibly other returnees
I don't think Duke gets both Bamba and Richards. Apparently UK and UConn both visited Bamba last night. UK seems content with waiting it out for Bamba, hopefully he values education enough to walk away from UK and go to a school that will at least expect him to go to class for that year that he is in school. Landing Green would likely help here, but Bamba will make the best choice for him. It seems like we are staying on both Bamba and Richards so that we can hopefully land at least one. This should be a fun one down the stretch. Cal is desperate, he is missing on most of his top targets.

I don't think Duke gets both Bamba and Richards. Apparently UK and UConn both visited Bamba last night. UK seems content with waiting it out for Bamba, hopefully he values education enough to walk away from UK and go to a school that will at least expect him to go to class for that year that he is in school. Landing Green would likely help here, but Bamba will make the best choice for him. It seems like we are staying on both Bamba and Richards so that we can hopefully land at least one. This should be a fun one down the stretch. Cal is desperate, he is missing on most of his top targets.
do u mean UK instead of duke?

Worst reporter ever: Can you be effortless and electric all at the same time?
Bamba: Yes.
Hey, at least he has an answer to our historical foul shooting woes, towards the end of this clip. ;) If he tried that in a real game, the NCAA would strip JB of at least 50 wins, fair is fair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom