Class of 2020 - C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville

The concern is if the transfers coming in aren't happy with the situation they technically could bail.
honestly if they are that capricios, I wouldnt want them

the guys who flip flop and play games and decommit etc...

honestly dont care if they come back or not...want players who want to be here and play...

not mercenaries

gotta have abundance mindset imo

Hypothetically, a lineup of Lampkin, Freeman, Bell, Waterman and Starling is possible... Nobody else has been promised a starting spot.

If he starts at guard, I would be curious how opponents defend us. Technically, Starling would be our point guard, and Waterman would be taller than both our forwards from the guard position.

Somebody from our opponents would be trying to guard somebody way taller than them.

Would they be able to punish us enough on the other end to make us come out of it? It might be interesting for 4 minutes at the start of the game, and then we can move into a more traditional rotation after that. It would be similar to when JB clearly had token starters in order to honor recruiting commitments back in the day.

But Waterman wouldn't get Boeheimed after getting pulled.
If you put a 6'11" guy at guard for more than 5 seconds you may get fired on the spot.

Very little ball handling plus a lot of guard playing matador defense. Think you believe that Bell can play guard. Bell can stand on one side of the floor and shoot.-
Hypothetically, a lineup of Lampkin, Freeman, Bell, Waterman and Starling is possible... Nobody else has been promised a starting spot.

If he starts at guard, I would be curious how opponents defend us. Technically, Starling would be our point guard, and Waterman would be taller than both our forwards from the guard position.

Somebody from our opponents would be trying to guard somebody way taller than them.

Would they be able to punish us enough on the other end to make us come out of it? It might be interesting for 4 minutes at the start of the game, and then we can move into a more traditional rotation after that. It would be similar to when JB clearly had token starters in order to honor recruiting commitments back in the day.

Unfortunately, our recent history with bigs reinforce that bad feeling. I don't know if we've just rolled snake eyes a few times in a row, but Coleman, Sidibe, Hima, McLeod, Chukwu, Edwards and Onuaku are big men who all had severe, season ending or career affecting injuries in the last 14 seasons.

I'd go so far as to say we've had more big men suffer injuries than stayed healthy over that time period. Christmas, Jackson, Keita and Lydon (playing out of position) are the only guys who stayed healthy and productive their whole career. Big men just seem to be fragile, or we've been really unlucky.

And Coleman, Hima and Sidibe never actually recovered.

So, yeah, you might be irrational thinking that McLeod might be toast, but a lot of us share that fear. With good reason.
Not to dwell (but I guess I am), but one of the most frustrating things about JB's unwillingness to move on from the zone was his love for those types even though the same things that made them weapons in the back made them injury-prone and limited on the offensive end.

I know Chukwu had a digestive condition that made it hard for him to put on weight (and Dajuan had the opposite problem), but other than that I don't think it was bad luck because many of those guys were never going to have much upside as long as they stayed 6'10" and 215.

Yep. And they just got a commit from a 4-star freshman (Booths - decommitted from Michigan) that is listed as a SF/PF (depending on site). They also have two other SFs and 2 Centers that transferred in this offseason. That is a pretty crowded front court.
yeah no way louisville should now be able to beat SU for a PF recruit given this

Attachments

• mccloud.jpg
    mccloud.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 11
Very little ball handling plus a lot of guard playing matador defense. Think you believe that Bell can play guard. Bell can stand on one side of the floor and shoot.-
No, I was thinking Waterman could handle the ball well enough where we could survive with a 3 forward lineup for short periods. Waterman had some pretty impressive dribbling highlights. Freeman can handle it as well. Nobody would be putting Bell at guard.

The kid would play at the 4 or maybe the 3 if we go big and zone from time to time. Every starter up front has a size appropriate Back up.

Waterman’s not gonna play the 2.

I think we should start every game with 6 players on the court… take the immediate technical while simultaneously checking all of our starter commitment boxes, and keep it moving from there;)
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

UNLV did that once on Senior Night back in the 80's or 90's.

They had all six seniors on the court and took the technical.

They still won by 30.

I think we should start every game with 6 players on the court… take the immediate technical while simultaneously checking all of our starter commitment boxes, and keep it moving from there;)
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office
You know if a team has 6 players on the court and the refs don’t catch it and that team scores a basket, it would actually count.

Bell belongs at SG. Forwards muscle him. At shooting guard he would have a height advantage and be on the perimeter. With 3 bigs up-front we can protect the paint.

Bell belongs at SG. Forwards muscle him. At shooting guard he would have a height advantage and be on the perimeter. With 3 bigs up-front we can protect the paint.
If Bell had his current elite shooting, and a well rounded game, we could get away with that.

He would need to improve his defense in every area, his ball handling off the dribble, and probably three other skills I'm forgetting right now before he would be remotely playable at guard.

Some people here aren't sure he's playable at forward!

There is basically no one Bell could cover as a teo. Not to mention he lacks the ball handling and passing skills necessary. Especially if you’re thinking of Starling, a pure 2, as the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom