Class of 2020 - C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville

Why? What is this for?
What do you mean, what is this for? I would take this kid and play him more minutes than bell. Bell is 1 dimensional. He can’t dribble, can’t drive, can’t play defense, can’t rebound. I would plug this guy at the 3 in place of bell. I would go with Carlos, JJ, Waterman, Freeman, Lampkin. Westry and Bell would be first guys off the bench.

Still doesn’t solve our PG issue. But I think this would be a much better front line.

What do you mean, what is this for? I would take this kid and play him more minutes than bell. Bell is 1 dimensional. He can’t dribble, can’t drive, can’t play defense, can’t rebound. I would plug this guy at the 3 in place of bell. I would go with Carlos, JJ, Waterman, Freeman, Lampkin. Westry and Bell would be first guys off the bench.

Still doesn’t solve our PG issue. But I think this would be a much better front line.
It's just ironic that in this transfer portal world on the one hand there's all this hand wringing about how there's no point developing players anymore because chances are they're just one year players and it's not the college basketball landscape we used to know, and then on the other hand we have a player in Bell who we're actually watching develop over multiple years in the program and all off-season we've had posters engineering fanciful ways out of nowhere to dump him or replace him because they don't actually appreciate his game.

It's just ironic that in this transfer portal world on the one hand there's all this hand wringing about how there's no point developing players anymore because chances are they're just one year players and it's not the college basketball landscape we used to know, and then on the other hand we have a player in Bell who we're actually watching develop over multiple years in the program and all off-season we've had posters engineering fanciful ways out of nowhere to dump him or replace him because they don't actually appreciate his game.
ahh, iv stopped looking too far in the future with the current climate. each year is a completely new year in my opinion and at this time I expect everyone to potentially test the transfer portal when it comes time.

At the end of the day, Syracuse needs to put the best roster out there. It may hurt feelings, but the game has changed. Can’t assume anyone will stay anymore.

If it was Brown we wouldn't be having this conversation. We can judge players individually and honestly it's not an awful take.

ahh, iv stopped looking too far in the future with the current climate. each year is a completely new year in my opinion and at this time I expect everyone to potentially test the transfer portal when it comes time.

At the end of the day, Syracuse needs to put the best roster out there. It may hurt feelings, but the game has changed. Can’t assume anyone will stay anymore.
It's just a weird take.

You say you expect everyone to be a year at a time - but we have guys now on the roster that aren't that. That's real.

And what's also weird about this is this scenario where feelings are hurt occurs in a fabricated, imaginary circumstance that you proposed. So not only did you make something up that's not grounded in anything, you're also projecting feelings and basically saying, well, thems the breaks.

The breaks of what? Your opinion?

I just don't understand the purpose.

Totally agree. Bell is gonna be a star next season. So many posters want to throw in the towel and lack any patience to allow a kid to develop.

It's just a weird take.

You say you expect everyone to be a year at a time - but we have guys now on the roster that aren't that. That's real.

And what's also weird about this is this scenario where feelings are hurt occurs in a fabricated, imaginary circumstance that you proposed. So not only did you make something up that's not grounded in anything, you're also projecting feelings and basically saying, well, thems the breaks.

The breaks of what? Your opinion?

I just don't understand the purpose.
I’m not seeing how it’s a weird take.

My opinion I think Waterman is a better player than bell. I think Syracuse is way overvaluing bell, who is 1 dimensional and very limited. Bell is an excellent shooter, but he didn’t do anything else this year or last year that would lead me to believe he will become this integral part of the team. He is a below average dribbler, below average passer, below average mover without the ball, below average rebounder, below average defender, below average attitude on the court (more worried celebrating than getting back on defense and pouts when things don’t go his way or he is pulled). He has made minimal improvements in attitude and rebounding towards the end of this past year.

I don’t believe Syracuse should stick with a player solely because they stuck with them. Kids get recruited over all the time in college. It’s the way the system works. No idea why it should be expected that Syracuse doesn’t bring in better players because a current player decided to stay. It’s the coaches and Syracuse job to put the best team out there. IMO that is by adding Waterman. A 6’11 forward that shoots 37% from 3.

To be clear, I never said to get rid of Bell. But I believe you need to make room for Waterman. It will make the team better, which is the goal. He wants to start and based on what Bell offers on the floor, I think this kid could play SF the same way, if not better than the way Bell plays it.

I think we should start every game with 6 players on the court… take the immediate technical while simultaneously checking all of our starter commitment boxes, and keep it moving from there;)
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office
Now that's thinking outside the box!

So there was no way in hell Freeman could play the 3 spot for us but this 6'11 guy listed as a center can totally do it? Brown could have stayed at the 4 full time if we were willing to give Freeman time at the 3 spot. Now that level of height in the front court is totally fine?

So there was no way in hell Freeman could play the 3 spot for us but this 6'11 guy listed as a center can totally do it? Brown could have stayed at the 4 full time if we were willing to give Freeman time at the 3 spot. Now that level of height in the front court is totally fine?
Not an NBA scout or anything but this dude and Freeman aren't small forwards. I wouldn't play them there.

A subset of posters always float guys playing out of position, because they have an attribute that if you squint hard enough is similar to what others who play that projected position can do.

Waterman can shoot, ergo "...let's play him at small forward."

But it typically disregards everything else that goes into playing the position.

A subset of posters always float guys playing out of position, because they have an attribute that if you squint hard enough is similar to what others who play that projected position can do.

But it typically disregards everything else that goes into playing the position.
What's funny is, if you guess a player will play up in position, you have a pretty good chance of being right.

But if you guess a guy will play down a position, well...

Perfect way to explain it.

Bell and JJ are going to start. I'd rather have Bell at the 2 with Waterman at the 3 than Bell at the 3 and no Waterman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom