Class of 2018 - C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St

I just went to the Michigan forum and boy are they a bunch of pompous a$$es. They so belittled this kid saying he probably signed with SU because UM didn't want him and didn't fit their needs and if they took him he would only be a backup and can only play just center so with them signing Caesar Ruiz last year he probably wouldn't play til 2021. And with no real top teams offering him he must not be to good. They are cruel over there.
the sort of thing that gets said here about basketball recruits that we don't offer that go to schools we view as lesser. Who cares what they think and say? We got our guy.

Josh Allen, Long Beach City College, Strong-Side Defensive End
composite on 24-7 has him as a high 3 star just below a 4 star.
No matter what he is exactly what we need and had over 20 FBS offers.

Babers does nothing but give confidence he knows what he is doing.
I wasn't knocking Babers. I love what it appears we are doing. I just didn't see Allen as a 4 star anywhere. Just below a 4 star I believe means 3 star.

I just went to the Michigan forum and boy are they a bunch of pompous a$$es. They so belittled this kid saying he probably signed with SU because UM didn't want him and didn't fit their needs and if they took him he would only be a backup and can only play just center so with them signing Caesar Ruiz last year he probably wouldn't play til 2021. And with no real top teams offering him he must not be to good. They are cruel over there.
Michigan is a selector school. I am thankful they didn't want Sampson s they likely get the kid if their coaches wanted him.

We infused our program with talent if this kid comes to SU. Talent isn't a problem for Michigan.

What are the Vegas odds he drops out of the top 300 and slides down to 3 stars after the "re-evaluation" aka commit to cuse?
I don't think there is any question that is going to happen with at last two of the services.

I wasn't knocking Babers. I love what it appears we are doing. I just didn't see Allen as a 4 star anywhere. Just below a 4 star I believe means 3 star.
Allen was a 4 star at one point. There is a post in his thread that shows him as a 4 star from 2 4 7.

I believe that Allen was rated by one recruiting service as a 4-star coming out of high school. Most of the services seem to list him as a 3-star now.

But I think that's where the 4 star attribution came from.

I don't think there is any question that is going to happen with at last two of the services.
I hope not, I think he is going to the OPENING Finals

Absolutely LOVE everything about Sampson committing but especially love getting a 4 star this early in cycle. The kid seems like a leader / unofficial captain of the class.

Plus 2 years in a row The Cuse will have someone at The Opening Finals. I expect the trend to continue forever after.

In Dino we trust !

Tyrone Sampson commits to Syracuse Orange

The nation's No. 2 center per 247Sports in Tyrone Sampson Jr. tells 2/47Sports he has committed to Syracuse.

The Detroit (Mich.) East English Village four-star also had offers from Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota and Virginia among others.

A road-grader at the point of attack with tremendous feet, strength and toughness, the 6-foot-3, 295-pound Sampson has been one of the more dominant players at the point of attack among his peers on game day and during camp season.

Syracuse has led for much of the process for Sampson and Dino Babers and his staff were one of the first to seriously recruit him.

"Those are my guys, they just make me feel like I'm at home and I will have a great chance to play as a true freshman," Sampson said of what sealed the deal. "I just have a great relationship with every coach on the coaching staff.

"Those guys were my first Power Five offer and they always had faith in me."

Sampson is commit No. 3 for the Orange in the 2018 cycle.

"I'm just excited to get there and get in that fast offense," he said. "I'm ready to adjust to it and we will win a ACC championship in the next four years."

IMG_0865.GIF