Class of 2018 - C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St

Okay here it is... Syracuse got word that he got the flu following a game last season and our medical staff permanently disqualified him as a result.

Hey, we can never be too careful with this stuff!!

His Twitter post from 6 days ago had 2 picks of him from his OV wearing a Cuse uniform. He might've been teh most important recruit in the class.

Ugh. Everyone's an insider.

This is definitely one of those times where everyone being cryptic af is annoying.

Right smh. At least on the basketball front, I have an ear on the ground in NYC. I'm lost with football.

I understand reasons to be cryptic, but damn it, I just want to know so badly at this point.
If you guys are willing to say, was the staff aware this was coming or is there currently shock echoing through the football dept?

Nooooooooo!

He seemed so solid. Was Lewis the lead recruiter or something?

Any chance we are still involved for him or is this unknown issue going to prevent us from chasing him?

A lot can happen between April when he tweeted that and December but the crazy thing is he was 100% as recently as his OV.

The line in Mink's article about de-committing after talking to his HS coach Ron Oden yesterday makes me think that a late offer came that his HS coach thinks is a better opportunity or he got some other news that threw things into chaos.

If we get Amie and the DE I will have forgotten this whole thing. Probably won't happen because we can't have nice things.

Ugh. Everyone's an insider.

This is definitely one of those times where everyone being cryptic af is annoying.

That's a BS response -- I am keeping information off of the board in the best interest of the kid.

If you don't like that -- too bad. This is the reason why many actual board insiders -- and I'm not including myself amongst that group, for the record -- don't post insider info here anymore. If you shoot the messenger, then they stop providing info. And I apologize to everyone that it isn't "satisfying" to hear the partial story. But he didn't "marrone" us, he didn't decommit, he didn't do this over a better offer. It was something else. That's all there is to be said.

If we get Amie and the DE I will have forgotten this whole thing. Probably won't happen because we can't have nice things.

DE went to FIU...

That's a BS response -- I am keeping information off of the board in the best interest of the kid.

If you don't like that -- too bad. This is the reason why many actual board insiders -- and I'm not including myself amongst that group, for the record -- don't post insider info here anymore. If you shoot the messenger, then they stop providing info. And I apologize to everyone that it isn't "satisfying" to hear the partial story. But he didn't "marrone" us, he didn't decommit, he didn't do this over a better offer. It was something else. That's all there is to be said.

Whatever man. Doesn't appear to an unpopular take.

If you;re referring to Charlton, he isn't coming here