Class of 2020 - C Olivier Sarr - Transferring from Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Olivier Sarr - Transferring from Wake Forest

Yes please

Kid wanted to go to the NBA. Manning talked him out of it. Manning gets fired after the deadline for Sarr to enter the draft. Saar doesn't like the new Wake coach.

“I want to be able to pick my own coach, not have one chosen for me,” Sarr said.

Don't know if that's waiver worthy.

Last edited:

Yes please

Can you even apply for a
Waiver before you commit to a school?

I thought the idea of a "student-athlete" was that you selected a SCHOOL to attend for 4 years, not a coach.

This

So - ANY team that has a coach depart for whatever reason, should be allowed to disband completely?

And the new coach starts over with zero returning players?

Yeah, that’s gonna work out really well
:rolleyes:

That’s not how ANY sport at ANY LEVEL works.

Those NLI’s the kids sign are to the SCHOOL.
NOT THE COACH.

Dickie V is a senile dumbass.

This

So - ANY team that has a coach depart for whatever reason, should be allowed to disband completely?

And the new coach starts over with zero returning players?

Yeah, that’s gonna work out really well
:rolleyes:

That’s not how ANY sport at ANY LEVEL works.

Those NLI’s the kids sign are to the SCHOOL.
NOT THE COACH.

Dickie V is a senile dumbass.

Vitale is a shill for ESPN.

And ESPN probably wants Sarr to transfer to either Duke or Kentucky.

Slim to no chance Syracuse can get him if they express interest, but this kid is a very good college center. Size and skill. I was at the Wake Forest game at the Dome this year and he was dominating the game until he fouled out. That's when SU won via a game winning layup by Goodine:

Unrelated to Sarr, but our
superior defensive guard
Goodine gave up the 3 that tied this game.

A somewhat naïve idea for players with NBA potential.

I thought the idea of a "student-athlete" was that you selected a SCHOOL to attend for 4 years, not a coach.

Watch out for the Buddy haters
Nobody hates Buddy, I guess I see him as a nice young man that has some deficiencies in his game. If I'd point anything out about Buddy it would be his performance in the last 5 or 6 games in the season didn't show the growth I'd had hoped for in this young man. All said, that does not mean myself or anyone hates him. It just is an honest review of his strengths or deficiencies, or at least as I see and understand them.
I hope Buddy comes out gang busters next season and reaches his maximum potential, whatever that point is.

Nobody hates Buddy, I guess I see him as a nice young man that has some deficiencies in his game. If I'd point anything out about Buddy it would be his performance in the last 5 or 6 games in the season didn't show the growth I'd had hoped for in this young man. All said, that does not mean myself or anyone hates him. It just is an honest review of his strengths or deficiencies, or at least as I see and understand them.
I hope Buddy comes out gang busters next season and reaches his maximum potential, whatever that point is.
wow that's great. how kind of you to post it in a recruiting thread about Olivier Sarr

Last edited:
This kid is a game changer. I’m gonna be upset if he goes to a blue blood.

Boeheim needs to sell his soul for this one. Could get us very far in the tourney.

Oh heck who am I kidding. Probably has a suitcase full of cash on his doorstep right now courtesy of PayPal Cal.

This kid is a game changer. I’m gonna be upset if he goes to a blue blood.

Boeheim needs to sell his soul for this one. Could get us very far in the tourney.

Oh heck who am I kidding. Probably has a suitcase full of cash on his doorstep right now courtesy of PayPal Cal.

Typed his name into Google. 4 articles on the first page are him being a “perfect fit for Kentucky” oh boy.

I‘m not sure what is the big deal about this kid. He goes missing in action for long stretches of games. He’s soft as butter. I say no thank you. Our bigs are better than him. There’s a reason why WF lost a lot of games in the final five minutes of game.

I‘m not sure what is the big deal about this kid. He goes missing in action for long stretches of games. He’s soft as butter. I say no thank you. Our bigs are better than him. There’s a reason why WF lost a lot of games in the final five minutes of game.

You are way off on him. He was 3rd team all ACC. Top of the ACC in several statistical categories. 2nd in ACC in PER.
7ft stud Center who is miles ahead of any of our big guys. It was pretty obvious watching him play us.
He will be a top Center in the draft when he decides to go.

He's very skilled for sure, and has become a top scorer - but as hoopsup says he is very soft and at least up until now done alot of disappearing in the WF games I've watched
"miles ahead of our big guys" - yeah maybe offensively... trust me, if he was the "stud" you're trying to make him out to be WF would have won alot more games (like they did a couple years back when they had Collins, an actual "stud", playing for them)

Last edited:
How many 7 footers are we going to swing and miss on this cycle? Like 15? I hope we figure this out soon

Kid wanted to go to the NBA. Manning talked him out of it. Manning gets fired after the deadline for Sarr to enter the draft. Saar doesn't like the new Wake coach.

“I want to be able to pick my own coach, not have one chosen for me,” Sarr said.

Don't know if that's waiver worthy.

Absolutely should be though. Kid is playing one more year of college ball to try to improve for the draft and now that final year of development will be guided by um, “we’ll get back to you on that.”

And will it be someone that runs an offense that features the big man “well we’ll have to let you know on that too.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom