Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

Omer is probably better but he may fall into the "more trouble than he's worth" department.

Especially for a program that already is under a magnifying glass.

How? We have an open scholarship no matter what, we can't get penalized for taking him.

How? We have an open scholarship no matter what, we can't get penalized for taking him.

Maybe they decide he's not worth the risk of not getting cleared.

How many scholarships are still available, two? If OY and TT both grab them, they've reached the max and SU has a deep front court. If only one grabs a schollie, we're still looking good for next year. If OY takes one but doesn't play, unless it interferes with getting TT, I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't follow hoops recruiting that closely, but I don't hear any other names being tossed about in the '16 class. At this juncture, based on nothing but my gut, I really don't expect TT or OY to suit up for the Orange next year. I will happily accept being proven wrong. I put my trust in the coaches regardless.

How many scholarships are still available, two? If OY and TT both grab them, they've reached the max and SU has a deep front court. If only one grabs a schollie, we're still looking good for next year. If OY takes one but doesn't play, unless it interferes with getting TT, I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't follow hoops recruiting that closely, but I don't hear any other names being tossed about in the '16 class. At this juncture, based on nothing but my gut, I really don't expect TT or OY to suit up for the Orange next year. I will happily accept being proven wrong. I put my trust in the coaches regardless.

Under that scenario, we'd reach the max because we only had 3 open this off-season, but if Malichi doesn't return than another one would open up.

Under that scenario, we'd reach the max because we only had 3 open this off-season, but if Malichi doesn't return than another one would open up.
That's exactly what I thought.

11 ships. 6 returning and 3 coming in (red) ... Howard; Battle; Rattle; MR (?); Roberson; Lydon; DC2; the Python; Gillon. That leaves 2 openings; 3 if Malachi jumps.

Freshmen: Battle, Moyer
Sophomores: Chukwu, Howard, Lydon, (Richardson)
Juniors:
Seniors: Coleman, Gillon, Roberson

Seeing this list like this reinforces to me that this is the most important recruiting stretch in the 30 years that I have been a Syracuse fan. Before we had so many transfers and early NBA entries, getting a recruit felt like a nice bonus to a healthy stable of solid players. Now I feel like we're on the brink of greatness or having a team with major holes in it.

Seeing this list like this reinforces to me that this is the most important recruiting stretch in the 30 years that I have been a Syracuse fan. Before we had so many transfers and early NBA entries, getting a recruit felt like a nice bonus to a healthy stable of solid players. Now I feel like we're on the brink of greatness or having a team with major holes in it.
Going into next offseason, we will most likely be down 6 players from that list; leaving us with only Moyer, Chukwu and Howard on scholarship

jdubs30 said:
Going into next offseason, we will most likely be down 6 players from that list; leaving us with only Moyer, Chukwu and Howard on scholarship

Heading into what is believed to be JB's final year.

They're all nice. Yurt 6 looks good, but how much would it be for Yurt Seven for one year?

depends on how much red tape

Amazing, truly amazing we have zero Juniors on the roster. What a void that class has become.
Strikes me that SU may be heavy into the 5th year graduate market next year, even if they bring in a very big freshman class.

Strikes me that SU may be heavy into the 5th year graduate market next year, even if they bring in a very big freshman class.
Need to be --- 3 players graduating, with one player leaving early (Lydon) and a very good chance of another leaving early (Battle). Leaves us with Howard and Chukwu as JR's, and Moyer has a soph -- no one else. Even if we brought in 4 freshman, we'd only have 7 scholarship players. With Mali leaving, we have 3 open schollys, and we will use at least 1, so that number next year will go up to 4 guys staying.

If you're Diallo, Tucker and Quade, why not commit together? You'd be coming to a team with a pass first PG, a solid role player who can do it all in Moyer, and the fly swatter in the middle of the zone in PC. Those 3 kid would have a chance to be the main cogs together, as freshman.

If Battle really balls out this year, I think it helps us tremendously in landing Diallo - you can point to Hami and say "see what Tyus did, that's you next year - except you won't have a lottery pick playing with you, so it's really all you"

I thought I had heard the NCAA is looking to make Grad Xfers sit a year starting next year...at the very least there is a movement to eliminate the "free agency" aspect of it.

wallacecuse said:
I thought I had heard the NCAA is looking to make Grad Xfers sit a year starting next year...at the very least there is a movement to eliminate the "free agency" aspect of it.

I think someone might be sharing bad info. Most grad transfers redshirted and are looking to play their last year at a better location. Current rules are you have five years to play four seasons. Unless they decide to make it six years, a grad transfer can't sit a year. Unless they're Rak and graduate in three.

Amazing, truly amazing we have zero Juniors on the roster. What a void that class has become.
That's what happens when you bring in 2 recruits and one is a 1-and-done and the other transfers after 2 years. Kind of sucks we got basically zero production from the class of 2014. Oh well, on to 2017!

If you're Diallo, Tucker and Quade, why not commit together? You'd be coming to a team with a pass first PG, a solid role player who can do it all in Moyer, and the fly swatter in the middle of the zone in PC. Those 3 kid would have a chance to be the main cogs together, as freshman.

This is true. It is a strange confluence of events that will leave us with so many minutes and so many starter spots open. If we don't land an absolutely monster class in '17 there is something very wrong. We are currently going after the best of the best players, we have huge roles for them to fill without any doubt or question, and we have everything else that goes with being a top program in the best conference and coming off two final fours in 4 years. The only possible lien is JB retiring, everything else is all systems go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom