Class of 2014 - C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse

Here's one:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/OrangeRecruiting?src=hash

Cusesigel (from Nunes) is the author ... apparently quoting sources on the SU staff indicating that they expect a reduction of at least one in the scholarship limits on appeal.
I read that tweet as @cusesigel ASSUMING that based on Chukwu signing that the staff feels there will be a reduction, not that he has talked to the staff. Anyone else read it that way? Will that happen and does this signing imply that? I hope he's right, but that's not how I read it.

OttoinGrotto said:
There might be a possibility where they've been told they are getting scholarships back on the appeal, but it hasn't been made public yet.

Well, that would make sense.

JB and Hop must know something.

Either the NCAA will allow us to have 11 scholarships moving forward (which means we could even start the sanctions this season),

or someone from the 2015-16 team won't be returning (due to graduation, transfer, or early NBA entry).

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The numbers always work out. :eat popcorn:

Forget about the number of Skips. JB and Hop wanted this kid bad and lost out on him. The fact that they went after him and brought him in is all we need to know. This kid is a monster and combined with what we have coming in will provide us with an interior that we have not seen since Fab. These guys know exactly what they are doing. This is our best recruit in a very long time as the center position is a bigger need than PG going into next year not even close

I read that tweet as @cusesigel ASSUMING that based on Chukwu signing that the staff feels there will be a reduction, not that he has talked to the staff. Anyone else read it that way? Will that happen and does this signing imply that? I hope he's right, but that's not how I read it.

I think the staff feels there will be a reduction in the NCAA limits, per below.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@cusesigel 2h2 hours ago
First takeaway: Staff believes they'll be regaining at least one scholarship per year. There will be room for Tyus Battle. #OrangeRecruiting

https://twitter.com/hashtag/OrangeRecruiting?src=hash

So let me get this straight.

In 2016/2017 we could be looking at a lineup of...

Battle/Joseph/Howard
Richardson/Joseph/Howard
Roberson/Moyer/Richardson
Lydon/Roberson/Moyer
Chukwu/(Obokoh/Coleman)

My god.

That is a squad and a half.

Battle/Joseph/Howard
Richardson/Joseph/Howard
Lydon/Roberson/Moyer
Chukwu/(Obokoh/Coleman)

My god.

What do you have against Diagne?!? :rolling:

Cheers,
Neil

the NCAA will allow us to have 11 scholarships moving forward (which means we could even start the sanctions this season),
That would really be the best outcome - we get a scholarship back, thus allowing the penalties to begin immediately. I just don't think they'd lop a year off too, but getting that scholarship back would be a big deal.

I would expect a successful appeal...to reduce the scholarship punishment by one. No one has to leave.
If that's the case then I assume any Battle commitment would closely on the heels of a public announcement of the appeal result.

What do you have against Diagne?!? :rolling:

Cheers,
Neil
Jesus and we have the moose looking fella, my b for forgetting

Battle
Richardson
Roberson
Lydon
Diagne/Chukwu

Would that be accurate?

Moyer being a Kris Joseph like 6th man I suppose?

Paschal, welcome to the Syracuse Basketball family!
Paschal Chukwu1192163.jpg

Battle/Joseph/Howard
Richardson/Joseph/Howard
Lydon/Roberson/Moyer
Chukwu/(Obokoh/Coleman)

My god.

The best part is, look how young that team is! We are set for a few years and if/when we land Battle, that is just icing on the proverbial cake.

POSSIBLE 16-17 line up, if everything works out.

Battle 6'7
Richardson 6'6
Lyden 6'9
Roberson 6'8
Chukwu 7'2

With a bench of
Howard 6'5 (capable of subbing in for either Battle or Richardson)
Diagne 6'8 (capable of subbing in for either Lyden or Roberson, with Roberson moving to small forward when Lyden goes out)
Coleman 6'9 (capable of subbing in for Chukwu)

A lof of "ifs"there. We don't yet have Battle, and this scenario requires all 4 incoming freshmen to be contributors by their sophomore year (which is probably statistically unlikely), but still, its great to have something like this to hope for. That is a HUGE team which on paper will have size, ball handling, shooting, low post scoring, size, defense, rebounding, depth, size, one-and-done star power, veterans, and size. Everything you'd want in a college basketball team.

Trueblue25 said:
Jesus and we have the moose looking fella, my b for forgetting Battle Richardson Roberson Lydon Diagne/Chukwu Would that be accurate? Moyer being a Kris Joseph like 6th man I suppose?

I think if Roberson has a 15/8 type season he will be NBA bound. I also think Moyer is a starter.

POSSIBLE 16-17 line up, if everything works out.

Battle 6'7
Richardson 6'6
Lyden 6'9
Roberson 6'8
Chukwu 7'2

With a bench of
Howard 6'5 (capable of subbing in for either Battle or Richardson)
Diagne 6'8 (capable of subbing in for either Lyden or Roberson, with Roberson moving to small forward when Lyden goes out)
Coleman 6'9 (capable of subbing in for Chukwu)

A lof of "ifs"there. We don't yet have Battle, and this scenario requires all 4 incoming freshmen to be contributors by their sophomore year (which is probably statistically unlikely), but still, its great to have something like this to hope for. That is a HUGE team which on paper will have size, ball handling, shooting, low post scoring, size, defense, rebounding, depth, size, one-and-done star power, veterans, and size. Everything you'd want in a college basketball team.

Moyer...?

I think if Roberson has a 15/8 type season he will be NBA bound. I also think Moyer is a starter.
Wouldn't complain if he did have that kind of season. Thinking he'll be a 12-13 and 9 guy which would probably still get him in the draft potentially.

I find it hard to believe the staff would delay the penalty by a year to take Chukwu on a redshirt year. Not only would we only use 11 of 13 scholarships this season but the penalty would be pushed back a year. That's essentially 5 lost scholarships for Chukwu to take a shirt and then play 3. I have to believe the staff knows they'll be getting back at least 1 this year and going forward, or Chukwu won't count this year because he's ineligible to play. Otherwise, this makes little sense, especially with the Hop transition in a few years. It'd be further hamstringing the program.

Glad PC is aboard and I really hope his addition isn't costing the program dearly over the next 4-5 years, as a result. There's no way, IMO, the staff would take him without knowing they'll be getting some help from the NCAA b

So Chukwu's commitment means no Battle, right?

Unless, someone were to leave.