Class of 2014 - C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse

I really hope we land him so I can tell my 5 year old that Pikachu is on the team.
Pikachu, I see you
image.jpg

My take:

- Chuckwu is comparable to getting another BMK. He is not elite. He is not a star.
- Highly doubt they know anything about the resolution of the appeal and won't hear anything before Sept.
- If we get relief on the scholarship penalties it will likely be for the last 2 years not the first 2 years.
- They are unsure of Battle and have decided to move ahead with other moves and not be held up.
- They have prioritized Chukwu over Gilbert/Simmons.
- If Battle should commit (probably not a high probability) they would take him and clear room as needed.
Staying-Positive-in-the-Midst-of-Negativity.png

You are very off base on a number of these. First, we don't know what Chuckwu is. His defense is way ahead of his offense. He has plenty of time. Much better than Baye however. They have not prioritized Chukwu over Simmons/Gilbert. Crazy. They have not moved on from Battle in any way,shape or form. The highest probability is that we will get battle. doesn't mean we wil. Just of the schools left, we are the favorite.
Respect your contrary opinion. Nobody really knows. We'll see what happens.

For the last time...do you really think the coaches would take Chukwu over any of the recruits?? They must know something or at the very least are confident they will get at least one scholarship back.
The more I think read and think about this, I believe our coaching staff is 100% confident that they will be having another scholly available for Battle et al. No way they are passing up the opportunity to bring in a premium guard as their first priority along with a 7'2" center who dropped into their lap.

Eek. That article is all about his high school coach saying Chukwu never put up anything more than pedestrian numbers at Providence because they never fed him the ball. I'm not sure how much that will change at SU unless we constantly throw alley oops to him. Can't say I'd ever get tired of seeing a Joseph (or Battle) lob in transition for a Chukwu slam!

At 7' 2" he could stand underneath the basket, raise his arms, and the tips of his fingers would be above the rim. Totally sick!

Who's the tallest player we've had?
I think it's him. I was talking to my dad about this, the tallest he can remember is Billy Smith (?) at 7-foot-1 (though Orangehoops.net has him listed at 6-11, so not sure how tall he actually was) and Fab at 7-feet.

I think it's him. I was talking to my dad about this, the tallest he can remember is Billy Smith (?) at 7-foot-1 (though Orangehoops.net has him listed at 6-11, so not sure how tall he actually was) and Fab at 7-feet.
Cat-Rescue-Man, how soon we forget.